Sign in to follow this  
krysis

Which actor for new captain?

I also like Rebecca Romijn-Stamos

She would be good, but I can't see her as a captain.

Rather a science officer or something a tad quirky. It seems more her style.

Also, she cheated on Stamos with Jerry O'Connell and they have since divorced.

[Yes, I think she's a frickin' nut case for doing that too!!!]

It's just Rebecca Romijn.

Jerry OConnell? Come ON Rebecca, you can do way better than Jerry O'Connell!

Sam Neill and Sigourney Weaver would both be excellent in Trek.

Yeah, I think Weaver would make a good captain. Do you think she'd be better than Janeway?

I don't understand this "Madonna" thing though. In any movie she has been in, she has never showed any acting talent. "Evita" doesn't count, since that was a singing role, which is more her style.

310555[/snapback]

Mebbe she could be a holographic entertainer like the one on DS9

I wouldn't want any known actor to be the lead character. If a new series was made I'd rather see them go with an unknown cast for the most part.

310588[/snapback]

Why not?

Ed O'Neil

and I would Love to See Britney Spears as a Borg

310606[/snapback]

I've never really seen Spears acting but I think either Spears or Lopez would look good in a suit like Seven's

IMHO Spears nor Lopez belong anywhere near Trek :P

I just remembered! Madonna did some great acting in Who's That Girl. Very funny movie.

IMHO Spears nor Lopez belong anywhere near Trek :P

I just remembered! Madonna did some great acting in Who's That Girl. Very funny movie.

310904[/snapback]

Saecasim was with Spears, I just want to see her DIE!

Like in GoldMember

<--

Hopefully, he would want to do it anoher series after 24, but it could take a while. But I think he could do a movie as captain.

I have a feeling Tom Hanks could be in Trek XI. Just because they hired a writer from Band of Brothers, he probably has some connection to Hanks and Hanks would jump at the chance.

I must admit, despite the fact she can't act, Ms. Spears would be a welcome contribution for the guys.

Well unfortunately that may be true.

I don't necessarily like it, but for some reason Hollywood seems to think t & a will draw the guys more than a good solid script

:P :yahoo: I"ve just insulted men, and I wasn't really trying too!!! :laugh: :P

I have a very weird idea.... Just close your eyes, and imagine that the computer's voice is not Majel Barrett, but instead....Christopher Walken!

310475[/snapback]

roflol! My colleagues are wondering what I'm laughing about.

About Harrison Ford. He reminds me of Jack Ryan. That's why I thought in line with Section 31. Then again he could also be a Star Trek archeologist looking for some neat Vulcan artifact. But I think he'll be more suited to a Captain aboard a smuggling freighter.

I was also thinking. Pre Nemesis era. Lets substitute The Russians with Romulans and Red October with Romulan Warbird trying to defect and enter Federation Space. The Klingons naturally want to blow it out of the sky but someone in Starfleet Intel - say Lt. Commander Jack Ryan of Sectin 31 - is willing to give the Warbird a chance. I think this will only work with the Rumulans because they can cloak. We could also think in terms of TOS era.

Oh well, there are so many possibilities and so many "if only". Seriously, what can we fans do to get someone like Clancy to write Star Trek?

Mebbe Antonio Banderas can be head of Section 31.

310479[/snapback]

Funny

I must admit, despite the fact she can't act, Ms. Spears would be a welcome contribution for the guys.

311009[/snapback]

Oh, God no! :look:

^

The Boing Factor

T&A is gonna be a factor in all future Star Treks I think

311014[/snapback]

In her case, it's the "what's going on?!" factor. One episode she'll have D cups. The next episode, they'll be A's. :angry:

Has she even learned how to sing yet?

Edited by sea trooper

and I would Love to See Britney Spears as a Borg

310606[/snapback]

Oh good grief!!! :P :wow: There went the collective! :P

Plasticgirl with the annoying voice, would definately cause the downfall of the collective!

Quite a few of the selections listed already are pretty good.. though I can agree I cannot see Madonna in the role of Captain. She was good in Evita, but like King already said it was more suited to her(it being a musical)... and otherwise I cannot see her in a Trek role. Queen Latifah.. maybe, especially the post-Chicago version of her, but still I guess it would depend on the backstory of the role.

Morgan Freeman... :lol: :P But as a Klingon?? hmmm,Maybe.. The Federation President could be another good one for him.

James Earl Jones, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery and Denzel Washington all wonderful ideas!!!!

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I wouldn't want any known actor to be the lead character. If a new series was made I'd rather see them go with an unknown cast for the most part.

310588[/snapback]

I agree a new series show be composed of mostly new actors and actresses. And meybe even some lesser known actors.

Jessica

now how about a Captain or commander that was not of the human race, that would be different

312299[/snapback]

You mean like Ben Affleck?

now how about a Captain or commander that was not of the human race, that would be different

312299[/snapback]

You mean like Ben Affleck?

312310[/snapback]

Not of the human race...Oh God, that opens the door for Cher! O.O Everybody run!

I always thought that Ed Wasser (Morden from Babylon 5) would be a great corrupt captain.

I agree about Bill Pullman, but only for a few episodes. I would always see 'Lone Star' from Space Balls.

Jimmy Smits would be cool as a Captain.

Morgan Freeman would be perfect for the president of the Federation.

I'm sure there are so many more I could list, still.

312319[/snapback]

Well, if he loses the election to Vinick (Alan Alda) on the West Wing, he would be available. Hard to say what's going to happen there. Vinick is a powerhouse and will likely slaughter either Russel (Gary Cole) or Santos (Smits). Of course, I have heard rumours that Santos joins Vinick's ticket as VP after Russel wins the Democratic nomination.

Vinick/Santos would be an awesome team and would probably take the entire electoral college. (Vinick has been described as a Blue-state Republican and Santos as red-state Democrat)

Off topic I know but I find this fake election so fascinating.

312319[/snapback]

Well, if he loses the election to Vinick (Alan Alda) on the West Wing, he would be available. Hard to say what's going to happen there. Vinick is a powerhouse and will likely slaughter either Russel (Gary Cole) or Santos (Smits). Of course, I have heard rumours that Santos joins Vinick's ticket as VP after Russel wins the Democratic nomination.

Vinick/Santos would be an awesome team and would probably take the entire electoral college. (Vinick has been described as a Blue-state Republican and Santos as red-state Democrat)

Off topic I know but I find this fake election so fascinating.

312321[/snapback]

Holy crap, I thought about that exact same thing! I thought about it after Santos and Vinick talked in Iowa during the episode on the campaign trail. That would be insane if it were to be done. Jimmy Smits would have to take a back seat and the VP would have a totally new role if the series continues into the next administration.

I'm sorry still off topic.

Gary Cole would have experience as a Captain from Crusade.

Mary McCormack from "West Wing" would be a good woman captain.

I was reading through the posts in this thread and I had a crazy idea. Why not have a dwarf actor to play a Captain?? I was reading about Josh Ryan Evans during the week - he was on Passions and played the role of Timmy, the living doll. He was also on Ally McBeal, playing a child lawyer who gave Ally a hard time. He was a dwarf but sadly he died in 2002. Can anyone imagine a dwarf Captain? It would definitely make things very interesting. I couldn't imagine Madonna as Captain though, she isn't a very convincing actor at the best of times.

Madam Captain out!!

I just had a funny idea...

Lets have Captain Bean played by Rowan Atkinson .... just for a couple of episodes.