Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

More Trek XI News

Sounds like a realistic war movie. It would be interesting to see how a down and dirty drawn out battle would look on the big screen. It also sounds like he's taking some aspects of the war in Iraq and other past wars here on Earth, namely WWII and Vietnam, and relating it to Star Trek.

DAMN!

More pre-Kirk nonsense!?

I think the whole thing is bull-doody and that it spits in the face of the excellent oringinal season by degrading Captain Kirk as the first true space hero...

I really wanted to see more of the 24th century, or even the 25th?

why not move forward to a time period where all the common races (Klingon, Romulan, Human, Vulcan, Cardassian) get along with one another and have to face some new enemy?

how about some unstoppable species of horrible aliens that destroyed the federation in the future and having run out of useable materials in the future decide there would be more if they went back in time...

these aliens are all thining "heh, we beat them in the future, they should be panzies in the past" but they don't count on them stepping into the golden age of trek hero's where any given ship can beat any given enemy given the proper time to think up a complicated plan with a simple analogy!

Hiring new writers is a good decision because it brings with it a fresh approach.

However.....

A movie based on the Romulan War???

Nah, not a good idea.

Note to Paramount: Look at INS, NEM and ENT and take a hint.

Rest Star Trek for at least five years.

Let the demand and hunger build to ridiculous levels, then bring it back with a new project.

They won't let Star Trek rest for few years, because they still milk the more money out of it.

Edited by Odie

From what I read in an earlier interview it was supposed to be events that lead up to the Romulan Wars. I guess we'll have to wait until the first version of the script is posted on the net. lol

This movie will suck hard and bury the franchise even further than it already is.

I cry for them to let startrek keep it's last shred of dignity!

Damn them and they're Damn politics!

I don't know... we'll see... mebbe its a good idea... then again, mebbe not. I wonder if pre-Tos means Ent era?