Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Bashir's Friendships

Which did Bashir relate and interact more with?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which did Bashir relate and interact more with?

• O'Brien
    • Garak

Bashir related more to O'Brien but his interactions with Garek were much more interesting

I thought that Bashir's "friendship" with Garak made Bashir seem like a bit of a twit. Garak's suave demeanor put Bashir in a very immature light.

I liked Bashir and O'Brien much better ... they were more equals and very cute to watch. I loved it when Keiko came back to DS9 after her assignment on Bajor and she got the "boys" back together for their guys night out.

I just like Garak in any aspect. His personality, plus the way he talks is just plain cool. Call him the next James Bond. :angry:

I just like Garak in any aspect.  His personality, plus the way he talks is just plain cool.  Call him the next James Bond. :angry:

311151[/snapback]

LOL!

The Garak friendship was interesting and great, but the relationship between O'Brien and Bashir was just wonderful. You never really got to see a friendship between two guys who were just ... guys. Here, you saw it start off bad, turn into something more -- bloom -- all of that -- and then you got to see it end -- basically. Not the friendship, but how they dealt with the seperation. That's what's great about 7 years of character development.

Bashir related more to O'Brien but his interactions with Garek were much more interesting

This is my initial thought as well, though Bashir and O'Brien had some pretty interesting times as well.

I liked his relationship with Miles. It was sad seeing them break up after 7 years.

I would definitely have to say that the Bashir/O'Brien relationship was more amusing from the start. And, it was nice to see two guys just being guys.

The Bashir/Garek relationship was also interesting, but it was made to keep the plot moving in certain episodes. I am only comparing the earlier parts of the relationships, because as the series progressed, they were both great.

I would definitely have to say that the Bashir/O'Brien relationship was more amusing from the start. And, it was nice to see two guys just being guys.

The Bashir/Garek relationship was also interesting, but it was made to keep the plot moving in certain episodes. I am only comparing the earlier parts of the relationships, because as the series progressed, they were both great.

Sorry to be off topic but PLEASE change the color of your posts. I can't read them at all. Its way too dark.

i went with his friendship with o'brien. but i also liked his friendship with garak.

his friendship with o'brien was a typical friendship. hanging out when off duty playing darts and stuff.

garak was more of a business type. meeting for lunch and stuff.

tm

Bashir had a great friendship with O'Brien and I liked their interations. It was interesting to see the way they 'tolerated' each other in the very beginning and then they became friends and by the end of the show, they were able to confide in each other. They even missed each other's company if they had to go away or whatever!!

I also liked the interactions between Julian and Jadzia. She was always 'just beyond his reach'. I liked the way he kept chasing her throughout the seasons and the way she played games with him. I thought it was a nice touch when Ezri told Julian that if Worf hadn't come along, Jadzia would have gone after him.

The most interesting interaction by far was between Garak and Julian. While he didn't even know Garak at all, Garak made him think that he knew 'everything' about him. I loved the way Garak could turn 2 words into ten and he had a way with words that had Julian fooled most of the time. I loved how Garak and Julian didn't meet up all the time but when they did, it was fantastic. I think Julian was the only person Garak could 'manipulate' in a way because he was so naive!

Madam Captain out!!

I'd think he interacted most with O'Brien. But I much preferred his interactions with Garak.

I always thought that his relationship with Garak was very much more interesting. Just the differences between the two, plus the fact that, hey it's Garak! What not to love.

I totally agree with that. In the end I voted for O'Brien, though. As much as I enjoyed watch Garek and Bashir interacting.

i belive he had a more of an interaction with o'brien. i mean since season 2 i think it's when they started to get along more. then when it got to saving odo's life, o'brien felt he was more than his friend, but as a brother.

I think O'Brien's relationship with Bashir was more interesting. I never liked Garak. Don't ask me why. I just don't.

I liked the interaction between Bashir and Garak because it had that cloak and dagger feel to it which i loved and it added mystery around Garak,the interaction between Bashir and Miles was more of best buddy frendship so you kind of had a good idea how that would play out.

Garak and O'Brien represent the ultimate choice for a girl (or in this case, Julian, which is close enough): you can either have the dark, mysterious guy with an unknown past, or the responsible guy who will be by your side no matter what.

Julian plays to both like the whore he is. :P

Oh, and I thought his chemistry was better w/Garak, though I loved Julian's chemistry w/both.

I think O'Brien was more Bashir's best friend, someone to drink with. Garak would more be Julian's secret lover on the side, they both seem enamored with each other. Julian likes Garak's secrets for the Obsidian Order, and Garak likes Julian's hidden past and love of mysteries.

Julian and O'Brien interacted more, which is why Julian and Garak's interaction was more interesting. I think of O'Brien has the angel on one shoulder, and Garak as the devil on the other.

I never cared at all for the Bashir character- he was as worthless to DS9 as Malcolm Reed was to Enterprise! That is not a statement I throw around lightly.Bashir's friendships were a bit strange, but then again he was a strange character imo. His free time seemed to be spent more often with O'Brien. One can only speculate why?

Edited by GhostofMajorHayes