Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

Riker as Captain

Rumors were circulating that Riker and Troi were going to star in a new Trek show continuing on where Nemesis left off. Personally I think this would be a repetative idea and that there is no way Frakes or Sirtis would commit , wadda ya think?

I agree, TNG is done and over with, and we don't need another late 24th century series, three's enough. :bow: However, I would like the 11th movie to star Johnathan Frakes as Captain Riker, featuring the U.S.S. Titan, preferrably Sovereign-class! :lol:

Rumors were circulating that Riker and Troi were going to star in a new Trek show continuing on where Nemesis left off. Personally I think this would be a repetative idea and that there is no way Frakes or Sirtis would commit , wadda ya think?

Ye Gods! Not a TV show! OK, I may not be a fan of either Riker or Troi, but they'd be better suited for an 11th film....and IMO, a TNG film.

I had heard that rumour too but it I believe it will only ever be just that - a rumour. I don't think Jonathan Frakes would be interested in a series since he is concentrating much more on directing. To be honest I think Marina Sirtis would probably be interested since she hasn't been very busy acting-wise in non-Trek projects.

There certainly would be no reason to not have Captain Riker and the Titan appear in another TNG movie much as Sulu was in the TOS movies after getting his own command.

I certainly hope they will not make a series on Riker as captain of USS Titan, that would be terrible.. Maybe he could be seen in the next movie, but I don't think he should be the main character..

I don't think there's any truth to that rumor, it would be a flop.

And if someone who's as big a Riker fan as RikerChick thinks that you know it won't go anywhere.

I don't think there's any truth to that rumor, it would be a flop.

Wow...RC says flop! Then everyone KNOWS a tv series would not be a good idea.

After ENT they should leave trek be.

Stardate:213436.9

I dont think they should let Star Trek "be" after Enterprise but i also agree that they should make a series with Riker.I don't think many people would be interested in it.I know i wouldn't be

I dont think they should make a series featuring Riker. Having him play a prominent part in a future Star Trek movie would be a good idea. Perhaps similar to Sulu's role in STTUC.

I don't think the Riker/Troi series would work, but I do not want them to "let Trek be" after ENT. I think that there is still a lot of potential for more trek series.

I think Riker and Troi would make good 24th century chat show hosts. She would become an alcoholic and he would have an affair and it would be all over the Federation news! :dude: I bet that if you were on their ship though that you would kiss Deanna's @ss all the time because she was the Captain's missus. I would hate to be a married couple on a ship together because I think that you would be sick of each other after a while. I know married couples who love each other very much but have worked together in the past and it gets a wee bit ''argh!'' after a while.

I would love to see a new show with Riker and Troi. The show couldn't rely on just them though, they would need a very interesting crew like they have with Enterprise where it's just not one person controlling the flow. There would also need to be something really interesting going on, like a big Romulan or Borg arc.

the Borg still need to mass invade the alpha quadrant... also, they could do some stuff with the post-dominion war Cardassia and Gamma Quadrant as well. There are so many things they can do; so as you can tell I really disagree with the notion that there should not be another show following the movie time-line.

I think Riker and Troi would make good 24th century chat show hosts. She would become an alcoholic and he would have an affair and it would be all over the Federation news!  :dude: I bet that if you were on their ship though that you would kiss Deanna's @ss all the time because she was the Captain's missus. I would hate to be a married couple on a ship together because I think that you would be sick of each other after a while. I know married couples who love each other very much but have worked together in the past and it gets a wee bit ''argh!'' after a while.

:dude:

I don't think a new tv serie will work.

And as a movie... Well, it may sound silly, but I have difficulty to imagine a TNG movie without Data, Picard, La Forge and all...

But, the advantage of a movie like this would be the introduction of many new caracters... Maybe the introduction of some events for a new tv serie....

Who knows?

I mean, DS9 left a lot of plots unfinished...

I hae heard both of them in interviews and they both seem to want to come back on a series... I think that that would be cool.......I mean come on Riker as captain..........finally!!!!!!!