Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Why not Sci-Fi

Why don't they put this show on at better times then they currently show it, Its sometimes hard to catch the show when they have on, its part of the whole reason Sci-fi is around it wouldnt have nearly as many space show if not for Star Trek;s Success

They used to have it on during the day, but I guess viewers dropped off as Spike started carrying the newer series. Sometimes they have an all day marathon of Trek episodes.

I like those, they excite me, but I mean just once a week, like sundays @ 7 right before the Simpons come on perfect time IMO

thursday I think is a Mini-Marathon

but seriously instead of Sci-fi running mini marathons of shows on different days why dont they just have a normal schedule

I'd say if you really want to enjoy TOS, indulge in the dvds. The Sci fi channel has a nasty habit of airing badly edited versions of this terrific series. You will not believe what you've been missing in the bits of original episode now cluttering up the cutting room floor! It is a disgrace!

T'Bree

I kinda like the mini-marathons. It's fun to have Star Trek on for hours. Same goes with all the other cool shows they on Sci-fi. It's always something to watch if nothing else is on

I suspect they put it on at those hours because they presume so many would-be watchers have the DVD's.

The Sci-Fi channel wants people to watch. And as was pointed out above, they do an incredible hatchet job on the shows, so people who know every line stick to the DVD's.

I mean, they cut out most of Uhura's song in 'The Conscience of the King!!' I had joined in and was merrily singing along when,:P , they were at the end, and Riley was choking on poisoned milk!

Why or why doesn't Paramount start up a Trek channel? It doesn't have to run 24/7; many cable channels split the time with other ones. If they just ran continuous eps. of all the series on their half I believe it would do well.

Why or why doesn't Paramount start up a Trek channel?  It doesn't have to run 24/7; many cable channels split the time with other ones.  If they just ran continuous eps. of all the series on their half  I believe it would do well.

312283[/snapback]

This would be great, but it presupposes that Paramount cares about the fans rather than just making money. I know I'm being cynical, but with the cancelation of Enterprise, and the attitude of B and B about Trek needing to take a break, I just don't trust Paramount to do something for the good of the fans.

they haf the Mini-Marathon on again today, Glad I was off Work started watching TOS from 8 AM till 4PM, only downside is I didnt watch DS9 or TNG, but those 2 right now on Spike are in their early seasons

I remember when Sci-Fi first started showing Trek, they advertised it as uncut. Now they chop up the shows.

I remember when the Sci Fi Channel started. All it had on was reruns of old Sci Fi shows.

Two new pay-tv stations are starting next year in my place and I certainly hope they'll be the host of some great scifi series, especially Trek.