Sign in to follow this  
JBurn

New FanFic Series Based on DS9 - Writers NEEDED!

Hey, my name is Jeremy Burnham. While I am just a sports writer, I have always been a fan of Star Trek, most of all Deep Space Nine! Lately, I have been looking around the internet and have seen some amazing FanFic weekly series that have their own site, and produce seasons of great episodes. I have written a play before for some young kids, and have written a few short stories in chapter form. But nothing like this.

Anyway, being the hige DS9 fan I am, I was watching the final season on Spike TV the last few weeks, even though I have seen it more times than I can count! I really think it needs to be followed up on. Now I know the books did, but I was not a huge fan of them. They wern't bad or anything, I just didn't care for the ones I read. I think when the show ended, they were planing on doing a movie or something. They left some storylines open that would have set up a great movie. Too bad they never did.

So, I want to do a fanfic series! There are a number of great story lines we could explore. When Sisko goes off with the Prophets, they tell him they have a new task for him. This MUST be explored! He also tells his wife that he WILL be back! She is having a baby, the grandson of the Prophets. I know told Sisko NOT to get married, but now that he has, the prophets have a new grandkid. I think having the new task involving Sisko, Jake and the new one would be fun!

Then, there is the rebuilding of Cardassia! I think Garak helps here. And so does, suprise suprise, Kira! She helped free them, they trust her now. She has gotten closer to them because she saw them in the same way she once saw her own people. As Slaves on their own world. Yes she used to hate them, but she does not wish that on anyone. And after helping to fight for their freedom, she feels a little closer to them. Bajor is a getting stronger everyday, and Cardassia is not a threat to anyone at this time. Kira gets her people to see that if the help them right now, it will go a long ways to putting the past behind them and for their two peoples to live together in peace.

And next, Odo with the Changlings. Why did Odo leave? To show the Changelings what he knows of the solids. That some of them can be good people, and that they CAN be trusted. At some point, they are going to have to live with us in peace! Odo will be a big part of that!

Nothing is set in stone until AFTER a staff joins me. Because this is such a big project, I want to make it a little smaller by having the first season only be 4 episodes. That way, a smaller staff can do it. If after the first season, a lot of people read it and like it, my hope is that they will join the staff and we will be able to do a bigger season two! What I need is a Co-Executive Producerto work even with me on the overall storyline. Our job would be to work with the writting staff. We would be in charge of the overall storyline, and would also write some as well. I also need some writers!

Because the first season is only 4 episodes, you don't need to worry that you are joining for a really long time. You can just kind of test it out to see if you like it! So there is no risk. Please help me make this dream real. I have had a very tough time finding anyone to help me with this, and as of yet, the staff is empty. So if you are at all interested, please email me at JBurnham@gmail.com. I really really hope to hear from you!

I don't think that I could get interested enough in fan fiction involving a post-DS9 scenario that did not include the events or characters from the Avatar books, the Mission Gamma series, or that latest one "Unity" from S.D. Perry.

I loved those books ... they could certainly be made into another season or two of the series.

Yeah, everyone I have asked to join me as mentioned the books. Looks like I won't get this off the ground... If anyone IS interested though, email me! JBurnham@gmail.com

I think your best bet would be to write the pilot yourself, and drum up interest based on your unique idea for the post DS9 universe. As a writer of fan fiction, I can tell you that writing stories based on other people's ideas is not all that appealing. Mainly because I am bubbling over with ideas of what I would like to see happen in the Star Trek universe (as I am sure you are too).

If you are going to bring in writers to write stories guided by your own creativity, it would probably be a good idea to get the writers excited about your ideas by providing some sort of pilot to the series written in your own hand.

I hope I'm not discouraging you, but if you feel strongly about the stories you have inside you, let them out. If they excite people's imaginations, you will be able to get writers. With the fanfic serial I am currently working on, I actually had a couple of people ask if they could write an installment (and I had never asked for any help on the story). Good luck, and good writing.

True, and I may. Thing is I didn't want them to have to write based on MY view only. I wanted a few of us to share ideas, and then choose what way we want to go. That's why I have not made any final choices about any of the storylines.

Thanks! That's great. I emailed you back. Let me know ASAP if you want to do it or not. Even if you don't it's better I know sooner!

But again, thanks a lot for emailing me. I am really looking forward to watching this project take shape!

ChiFire, did you get my latest email? I need you to email me that trek story in the body of the email. Whe I downloaded it, it would not open...