Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Your ship for Sims...

So, what kind of barges are y'all driving? I'll post mine, along with stats.

Name: USS Shiloh (NX-75690)

Class: Shiloh (Lead ship, experimental weapons testbed)

Length: 685 meters

Beam: 512 meters

Hieght: 146 meters (32 decks, plus Jeffries tubes and conduits)

Crew: 650 (100 are medical personnel)

Mission: Primary mission, long range Battle Cruiser. Secondary, Humanitarian/Medical Aide.

weapons: 19 type XII Phaser arrays, 9 torpedo tubes, 3 tractor beams

Defensive systems: 3 deflector shield grid systems, ablative armor, sensor masks

Sensor systems: Full standard package, plus uprated targetting systems for phasers and torpedoes.

performance-

+Warp: Warp factor 9.98 for 12 hours

+Impulse: Full Impulse, 65,000 KPH

+Menueverability: 180 degrees about in 2 shiplengths, roll rate of 130 degrees/second.

post-709-1109835490.jpg

Sorry Jim, but that ship just sounds like a fanboy ship, tops of everything, can never be destroyed, ultra weapons.

I made up a ship.

NCC 2234 A

USS One

Cascade Class

Federation ship

Science Research Vessel

cascade.jpg

It's just a cheap drawing I made. But you get the idea...

Edited by sea trooper

Sorry Jim, but that ship just sounds like a fanboy ship, tops of everything, can never be destroyed, ultra weapons.

307423[/snapback]

Reminds you of Voyager, does she? She's got her flaws, and has taken her lumps. besides, most of the "Normal" Starfleet Ops (I.E. Diplomacy, exploration, being friendly in general,) are things this ship is NOT designed to do. she's designed for Combat, and is a relic of the Dominion War. and the weapons aren't Ultra, they are stock weapons.

Here is the history of USS Shiloh

• Authorised: September 2371 as USS Shiloh, NCC-75690
  • Class: Originally Authorised as 3rd spacefram of Soveriegn Class, later redesignated Shiloh Class and produced under Intermediate Heavy Cruiser Program, January, 2372
  • Launched: November, 2373. Captain James Millenhiem Commanding.

USS Shiloh is a product of the Dominion War. originally planned as the 3rd Vessel from the Soveriegn class, which has berthed USS Soveriegn and USS Enterprise-E, Shiloh was redesigned and redesignated in early 2372 under the Intermediate Heavy Cruiser Program (IHCP) due to increasing Borg and Dominion threats.

USS Shiloh is not, for the most part, a new design. rather, she takes many elements of previous designs, both commissioned and proposed. Her forward and downward swept nacelles are taken from an early design idea from Project Soveriegn. Her notched forward hull with twin torpedo launchers is taken from the Defiant Pathfinder design. Her spaceframe is a lengthened, widened, and hieghtened version of the Spacefram from the Soveriegn-class. in overall length, Shiloh is the same length as the Soveriegn, though because of her design, she masses more.

Her redesignation under the IHCP meant that she would be used as a stepping stone for a proposed Heavy Cruiser or Battle Cruiser design to be implimented in the event of a protracted war with the Dominion, or repeated Borg incursions. Shiloh incorporates standard weapons systems found aboard Soveriegn class vessels, though the number of weapons emplacements has been increased due to her intended role. In 2374, when Starfleet Intelligence learned of the capabilities of the Dominion Heavy Cruiser, Shiloh was upgraded to meet this threat with the addition of a secondary and tertiary shield grid, to increase survivability. Her ablative armor has, since 2375, been scaled back, and is only prevelant around critical areas as of 2381.

Major Overhauls:

2374-Overhauled for addition of Shield Grids 2 and 3.

2381-Ablative Armor replaced over 65% of spaceframe with standard Tritanium armor plates.

2384-Upgrades to Bridge, internal communications, and sensors.

2384-Placed in Spacedock for 3 months to repair damage to Engineering hull caused by collision with a Romulan mine. Mine did structural damage to Engineering hull, and exposed 25% of Engineering hull spaces to vacuum, as well as weakened the structural integrety of the Engineering hull. Warp Core and fuel supply undamaged due to protection of Ablative Armor left over those spaces.*

2385-Serviced for structural damage sustained during the Valderan Conflict. Dorsal Phaser Arrays 7 and 8 removed, replaced with sensors optimised for astronomic research. Astrometrics lab expanded.

USS Shiloh is currently under the command of Commodore James Millenhiem, and assigned to Eros Task Force.

*-Extensive damage to Engineering hull believed to have been the result not only of collision, but also detonation of internal Photon Torpedo stores. Investigation revealed that the damage caused by mine collision was far less substantial, but did cause detonation of Photon and Quantum Torpedoes in Armory 3, located on Deck 30.

End of File.

Edited by Lieutenant JG Jim Phaserman

How about this ship?  I found it under the fun page at www.ex-astris-scientia.org/

Fanship.gif

307909[/snapback]

Umm, overkill much? :blush:

How about this ship?  I found it under the fun page at www.ex-astris-scientia.org/

post-692-1110138457.gif

307909[/snapback]

Umm, overkill much? :angry:

307968[/snapback]

Eh, not enough, they need some transphasic torpedoes Voyager had from the future. :blush:

the class name sounds about right, "Pretentious class". See, the problem with a ship THAT big and THAT overloaded is simple, and it's a problem I'm addressing slowly with Shiloh: the ship only has so much power. yes, having all those weapons and sheilds are nice, but if you don't have the power to run those and the engines, what good is it? one simple way I preserve energy on Shiloh is I never have more than one Shield Grid projecting at any one point. No more than two are to be holding a charge at any given point, either. if I charged all 3, plus weapons, engines, environmental systems, sensors, and the like, My ship would move at about 300 KPH, have paper thin shields, phasers that fire like a rifle rather than a capital ship weapon, a minimal atmosphere, it would be nearly blind, and could barely fire a torpedo.

You could always install a secondary M/ARC, it could suppliment the ship with additional power. You could also shut down un-neccesary programs when running at Red Alert, like holodecks and replicators.

You could always install a secondary M/ARC, it could suppliment the ship with additional power.  You could also shut down un-neccesary programs when running at Red Alert, like holodecks and replicators.

308054[/snapback]

Shutting down Holodecks and Replicators (except for those in the sickbays) is standard procedure, especially considering how much power they use. I've considered a second M/ARA core, but haven't actually done it yet. it may happen, though. Shiloh is the lead ship in a class of six ships, with four currently on active service. so if I add the second warp core, it will be experimental, and if successful, added to the other ships.

If you divert power from the warp engines directly, or even put them in a sort of sleep mode during impulse combat, you have a good source of energy there. Then again, my specialty on simms was always tactical, not engineering, so I don't know all the procedures for warp power and the like :blush:

In the simm I'm in, I'm chief of security on a colony, but I served on an Excelsior class starship during the Dominion War. Excelsiors are perfect to blend in, and not always get blown out of the sky, like Miranda's seemed to always be.

I prefer somthing a little more exploration-themed, yet still capable.

Namely the Intrepid class

308076[/snapback]

Exploration is fun, but like I said, I'm a tactical guy. if you don't give me something to shoot at every now and then, I get alittle edgy and jittery. I get the shakes and go through withdrawl.

I prefer somthing a little more exploration-themed, yet still capable.

Namely the Intrepid class

308076[/snapback]

Exploration is fun, but like I said, I'm a tactical guy. if you don't give me something to shoot at every now and then, I get alittle edgy and jittery. I get the shakes and go through withdrawl.

308412[/snapback]

You should see me on a colony after serving in the Dominion War.... I've turned to shooting at boulders and driving an ARGO at high rates of speed over fields.

Do you really think you could beat my SUPERIOR BORG TACTICAL CUBE????

Click For Spoiler

borgtcube_main.jpg

Borg Tatical Cube

Threat Rating: HIGH

Armaments:

Energy beams

Plasma torpedoes

Borg drones

Defenses:

High capacity shields

Regenerative systems

Hull armor

Category:

Multi-Purpose

Length:

3036 meters

Width:

3036 meters

Height:

3036 meters

Decks:

Crew:

5,000 drones

Maximum Capacity:

Phasers:

Torpedo Launchers:

Warp Reactor:

Transwarp drive

Maximum Cruising Speed:

Warp 9.99

Maximum Speed:

Transwarp

or the awesome power of my SPHERE????

fseg_2.gif

Borg Sphere

Threat Rating: HIGH

Armaments:

Energy beams

Borg drones

Defenses:

High capacity shields

Regenerative systems

Category:Multi-Purpose

Length:600 meters

Width:600 meters

Height:600 meters

Decks:

Crew:

11,000 drones

Warp Reactor:Transwarp drive

Maximum Cruising Speed:Warp 9.99

Maximum Speed:Transwarp

BWHAHAH, I WILL BEAT YOU ALL!!!

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

Psh, watever, i've got about a bajillion million trillion of those things man, so go ahead, destroy a couple, while im distracting you half a galaxy away, i am slowly heading toward earth! MUAHAHAHAH!.... i mean, im slowly heading toward not earth! MUAHAHAH!!!

Psh, watever, i've got about a bajillion million trillion of those things man, so go ahead, destroy a couple, while im distracting you half a galaxy away, i am slowly heading toward earth! MUAHAHAHAH!.... i mean, im slowly heading toward not earth! MUAHAHAH!!!

309185[/snapback]

Uh....yea... :P this post was for ships in simms....stick on topic :P

I used to serve, once upon a time, on a Miranda class starship in a Dominion War sim. we were forced to abandon ship. the scene was reminiscent of the picture in Psy's signature...

I have never participated in a sim, but I do write fan fiction. Here is a description of the ship in my current fanfic.

Name: USS Nightingale

Class: Hippocrates

Crew: 100 (80 are medical personnel)

Mission: Hospital Ship

Weapons: 2 Phaser arrays

Defensive systems: Standard Federation Shields

Sensor systems: Standard package

Warp: Warp Factor 7.6

Impulse: Full Impulse

Maneuverability: Poor

From Nightingale’s Song:

“The runabout was now heading directly towards the Nightingale’s stern where the shuttle bay was nestled in between the ships two impulse engines. The USS Nightingale, a Hippocrates class hospital ship, Jordan thought it looked like a box with warp nacelles. The main hull was a kind of cylinder cut in half lengthwise. The flat of the half cylinder was the dorsal side of the ship. Sprouting out of the four corners of the dorsal hull were struts supporting the port and starboard warp nacelles. The nacelles were long, matching the length of the main hull. Stuck on the front of the ship, almost as an after thought, was the semi-ellipse that held the bridge and gave away the Nightingale as a Federation ship.”

Edited by ghiaman74

I used to serve, once upon a time, on a Miranda class starship in a Dominion War sim. we were forced to abandon ship. the scene was reminiscent of the picture in Psy's signature...

309360[/snapback]

Basically, Miranda class ships are just cannon fodder...

A colony can provide some interesting moments. A murder happened in the simm I'm in and we're trying to figure out who the person was. It couldn't be me, I got shot by the murderer and nearly died. :P

Yeah, that's why I don't like Miranda class starships. However, commanding a space station provides some interesting challenges.

310587[/snapback]

I'm on a Base simm :angry: (DS-15: Tranquility Station) I'm the counsellor there and the Captain (and crew of course) make it great :look: