18 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite Scientist?

• Gaius Baltar
    • Rodney McKay
    • Daniel Jackson
    • Dr. Who
    • Gil Grissom
    • Lt. Col. Carter
    • Professor Epps (math not science but a professor)
    • The Professor (Gilligan's Island)
    • Artemis Gordon (The Wild, Wild West)
    • Noonian Soong
    • Mr. Spock
    • MacGuyver
    • Jared, The Pretender
    • Other, I know I missed a lot

It occured to me that most "scientists" are characters on a Scifi show. Even on all the CSI's the leads on two of the series are cops only on the original is the lead an actual Ph.D. scientist.

I didn't list characters that were MD's or any regular Star Trek character other than Mr. Spock - he was the only really commited scientist, IMO.

Even on my list a couple were stretching the definition.

I've always liked Bill Nye the Science Guy. :) My mom would definitly choose Gil Grissom, she loves William Peterson.

Has to be McGyver. Not only are his shows great but educational too!

307073[/snapback]

Plus, notice how he never used a gun outside the pilot episode. He was against guns :)

307073[/snapback]

Plus, notice how he never used a gun outside the pilot episode. He was against guns :)

307075[/snapback]

Yeah. He doesn't even like punching people, but when he does he always hurts his fist :). He's a very moral person.

307073[/snapback]

307075[/snapback]

Yeah. He doesn't even like punching people, but when he does he always hurts his fist :). He's a very moral person.

307077[/snapback]

A moral man, who can use a flare, some chewing gum, and a paperclip, and he made you a jet pack :P

My mom would definitly choose Gil Grissom, she loves William Peterson.

307067[/snapback]

Your mom has excellent taste! He's my favorite, too. :yahoo::elephant::elephant:

oh oh oh it as to be that freaky guy from Ministry of Mayhem on Saturday mornings, ITV

(in the UK)

My mom would definitly choose Gil Grissom, she loves William Peterson.

307067[/snapback]

Your mom has excellent taste! He's my favorite, too. :elephant::elephant::yahoo:

307092[/snapback]

Then you should rent the movie Manhunter, it's based on the book Red Dragon. Plus it's got a young William Peterson with no shirt on :yahoo:

I chose other. This is one of my more off the wall answers, so I am telling you in advance that this will not make much sense in comparison to the choices given.

I don't have a favorite TV scientist, but there is one in my mind as a model of a scientist, from having watched a late night movie when I was a kid. It was a scientist

in a movie called "Tobor the Robot," and he was the grandfather of a little boy who the robot saved from some peril ( I don't remeber what it was...). The grandfather was particpating in trying to develop robots that could repsond more like humans, so they could replace humans in space exploration, and humans could remain safe. In the course of saving the boy the robot demostrated the human qualities they were trying to develop in the robots. This film was probably made in the 40's, possibly the fifties, but before man had gone into space. Anyway the grandfather was my image of a scientist all the days I was in grade school thru college ( where I met people who reminded me of that guy).

Told you the answer would be a little.... different.

Gee, I had a hard time answering my own poll. My natural inclination was Spock but then Spock wasn't just a scientist but a Star Fleet officer - whereas some of the other characters were strictly civilian scientists. And then MacGuyver

I voted for McKay just because I'm enjoying him so much on SGA - what a show almost every character is a doctor of something?

How funny that Richard Dean Anderson went from MacGuyver to a character that didn't like scientists.

I know he doesn't really fit into the above list but I always liked Mr. Wizard lol

308665[/snapback]

Wow I forgot about Mr. Wizard I used to watch him all the time on Nick, but what about Bill Nye The Science Guy he shoulld be on the list