Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Signature Pictures

I've had several complaints about large signature pictures. I've asked in the past that large pictures be placed in a spoiler box so it won't distort the rest of the viewing area, so this is a reminder to please do this with large signature pictures also, or downsize them so they won't cause problems on the rest of the postings.

If large sig pics are noticed by the mods or admins an IM may be sent to ask you to downsize it, or you may notice that it's been placed in a spoiler box.

Thanks.

I'm going to update this...

If there is an issue with a sig pic being too big then an Admin or Mod Will PM you to ask that you either downsize it, change it or place it in a spoiler.

If the sig pic isn't adjusted or if no reply to that request is recieved by the Mod or Admin that sent it within 3 days then the Mod or Admin will place the sig in a spoiler box and you can adjust it to your liking when you get a chance.

Why doesn't admin just restrict poster pic size? Or ban pics in sigs?

Why doesn't admin just restrict poster pic size? Or ban pics in sigs?

First of all, it's not that easy - some of the large pictures are actually smaller pictures put together so a size restriction wouldn't work.

Second, small pictures are fine and VaBeachGuy wouldn't want to punish those with small pictures because some people oversize their signature!

:) How do you go about posting a sign. pic anyways??????

You have to go into your "My Controls" section. One of the options there on the left near the bottom is your signature. In the signature you would insert a Picture the same way you do in a post using the tags. Then when you post the picture is added to your signature.

With all the flash files being used I wanted to kind of set some "ground rules".

Keep the file sizes small, otherwise they won't load properly.

Keep the sizing of sig pics at or around 200x100.

Don't place any sound files into the Signature or avatar.

This one is important, be sure your hosting service isn't Geocities or Tripod. They have limited bandwidth and after you reach your max they cut you off for about 3 hours. When that happens no one will see your sig or avatar, it will just be an empty white box. Look for a host like Angelfire. I don't think they cut you off.

I'm having a problem getting the one I want to use to take. I keep getting some kind of error I don't remember what it is off of the top of my head, but it was something about IMG not taking from the site or something.

The error I got was as follows:

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

I'm pretty sure I did something wrong but I'm not sure what it was.

That's odd, send me a PM with the address of the picture and I'll see if I can do it.

That's odd, send me a PM with the address of the picture and I'll see if I can do it.

Will do give me a moment.

I see the problem, the URL doesn't lead to a jpg file but to a website that contains the photo. Give me a sec and I'll upload it to our host and send you the url to the jpg.

For the newer members I'm bringing this topic back up. Signature's are getting rather large again and Spoilers need to be added.

For pictures in your signature, you can pretty well figure that if it causes a horizontal scroll (left to right) at 800x600 screen resolution then it will require a spoiler.

Lets keep this in mind when adding signatures.

my signature had a big pic, but then bysty resized it. But now(after he resized it, and it was a while after to) i came on here and the pic i had OUTSIDE of the spoiler was INSIDE the spoiler.

wat up with that?

my signature had a big pic, but then bysty resized it. But now(after he resized it, and it was a while after to) i came on here and the pic i had OUTSIDE of the spoiler was INSIDE the spoiler.

wat up with that?

Click the spoiler in your sig and see what effect it has. It causes the screen to distort quite a bit.

That's "wat up with that".

And I thought my sig was hidden because some people reported it or something. then again, I do realise that some people are offended by people posting pictures of weapons of war in signatures. Anywho, I changed my sig.

Signature pic sizes seem to be getting quite large and causing problems for some people. Let's try to keep sig pics to the 400x100 range. A little larger then that is ok but let's not get too much larger then that.

*cough-psychic-cough* :wink2:

Yea yea, I know mine was too big. Alterego sent me a PM. I couldn't shrink it right so I just switched back to my old one that seemed to be acceptable and posted the picture in my log. I don't know if anyone had posted this but photobucket.com is a great site that I use for all my pictures.

Yea yea, I know mine was too big. Alterego sent me a PM. I couldn't shrink it right so I just switched back to my old one that seemed to be acceptable and posted the picture in my log. I don't know if anyone had posted this but photobucket.com is a great site that I use for all my pictures.

What was your old one and how were you trying to shrink it?

What was your old one and how were you trying to shrink it?

It's not a problem, I sorta like the older one better. Sesshomaru looks more mysterious in it :blink: Don't worry about it B)

I'm changing mine soon. But what too...? Kevin, did you say you wanted it about 400x100?

That can be done! :)