Sign in to follow this  
headborg

1st Place Award for Cheesiest CGI

post-820-1109746958.jpg This has got to be the saddist CGI shot since the days of TOS...and atleast then they didn't have a budget or even CGI. 1st Place Award. Just look at the size of that tank compared to the building, and the completely level ground. And if you notice, there doesn't appear to be left side to the whitehouse..just a front! and a roof! and where's the fountain? Edited by headborg

I agree. That was just one more detractor for the episode, imo (wasn't a fan of the nazi-aliens storyline). You'd think with the ability to make realistic looking space craft they could do a better job with an actual building. :)

It's from Enterprise.. I've noticed that Enterprise uses CGI for all their buildings now. I personally like the models or the matte paintings better, it looks more realistic.

I think it was just a budget/ time issue...the whole scene wasn't more that a second..just to establish the storyline that the Nazi's had taken Washington, and the war wasn't going well. It would have taken more time, but maybe a arial view of Washington cia 1940's with some color/ digital enhancements then cut to a scene of a Nazi climbing the front steps(of a building that's suppost to be the whitehouse..closeup with Nazi Flags...then the oval office..with battle damage and more Nazi flags...) but that would have taken up more time/money.

It's from Enterprise..

306958[/snapback]

Are you serious?! :elephant:

I don't remember it looking that bad.

I didn't mind it. I knew what it represented, and I'd prefer to have an unrealistic looking white house draped in Nazi banners, than something that looked like the real thing.

I loved the mattes!!!

Unfortunately they're relatively expensive to produce... :(