Sign in to follow this  
Captain Ericks

Something from the recent Romulan Arc

I was just looking at the episode listing for 'Babel One', and noticed that the name of the Romulan Admiral was Valdore

This is also the new class of Romulan War Bird seen in 'Nemesis'.

Click For Spoiler
Aparantly Valdore ends up doing some great thing for the Empire, even though he was thrown out of the senate.

Either it's a popular name, Valdore did something good later, or it's just a cheap ploy by Enterprise's writers to connect the two. I'm guessing it's the latter :)

Agreed MrPsychic, but it was still cool.

The only thing that really bothered me about the Romulan arc was the Romulan set design and costumes. A rare misstep by the art department (who I think pay more attention than the writers at times) was the fact that the Romulans wore Nemesis uniforms and the new Romulan insignia was visible. Oh well, I suppose it could be throwback type of thing but it wasn't great. I'll bet what happened was that the effects budget for the arc prevented new costumes being built. Either that or the art and set designers screwed up.

Either it's a popular name, Valdore did something good later, or it's just a cheap ploy by Enterprise's writers to connect the two.  I'm guessing it's the latter :elephant:

306911[/snapback]

I think it's more likely that the writers figured that no one really liked Nemesis, so no one would notice if they reused the name.

Either it's a popular name, Valdore did something good later, or it's just a cheap ploy by Enterprise's writers to connect the two.  I'm guessing it's the latter :elephant:

306911[/snapback]

I think it's more likely that the writers figured that no one really liked Nemesis, so no one would notice if they reused the name.

307148[/snapback]

Possibly. I also noticed the uniforms mishap, but I disregarded it after seeing some Remans with that Romulan Senator that was talking to the Admiral. I thought it was great that they were included for a brief moment.