Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Transporter Traffice Controller

I had this thought the other day:

In areas where there is a lot of transporter traffic - such as Federation Headquarters - what happens if tranporter beams intersect? Do they need a transporter traffic controller to make sure everyone beams in on assigned vectors.

I would imagine that there would be a massive set of transporter buffers to sort out all the patterns. Also, each city would be under their own set.

The buffers are probably controlled, just like all ground trams and trains, and even patrol scouts, by the planetary computer system.

Sometimes you wonder what happens if you transport in a sandy dusty area.... Would you have sandy innards?

It would be like sending a call on a phone line or a file over the net... but I want to know if they have to pressure the room before transport?

It would be like sending a call on a phone line or a file over the net... but I want to know if they have to pressure the room before transport?

308303[/snapback]

Do you mean pressurize? I'm sure they do Picard, otherwise, they would kill a lot of people.... :(

Well I have always wounder if it was just the room or the whole deck? I ask this beause of the 2 part TNG where Worf left the Enterprise D to a klingon ship and thw whole deck had people on it and the transporter door was open also... just asking.

They use the transporter to lock onto you, not the whole room. Also, they can transport from a vacuum, shown in the TNG epsodie "The Emissary" They beamed a torpedo casing in.