Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

E! Online Poll

It seems like Enterprise has the best chance to win. I think Enterprise has the most viewers who know how to work a computer. Also, Star Trek fans are the most aggressive when it comes to saving a series. :biggrin:

This poll has been extended to March 19 so keep voting. This is what she had to say in her March 12 column:

This year's Save One Show campaign--in which readers vote for the one endangered series they want to save--is all about the shows that have been on the air this season. (And by the way, we will reveal the overwhelming winner in just one week, so hang tight!)

Keep voting! You can vote more than once.

Been sending this poll as to many people as possible....

We only have till Saturday till this poll ends.

post-812-1095566621.gif

The final poll results are:

Total number of votes: 686,323

15. The Wire (HBO): Less than 1%

14. Kevin Hill (UPN): Less than 1%

13. Medical Investigation (NBC): Less than 1%

12. The West Wing (NBC): Less than 1%

11. Jack & Bobby (WB): 1%

10. North Shore (Fox): 1%

9. Joan of Arcadia (CBS): 2%

8. Point Pleasant (Fox): 2.5%

7. Enterprise (UPN): 3%

6. Tru Calling (Fox): 5%

5. Life as We Know It (ABC): 5.5%

4. Charmed (WB): 6%

3. American Dreams (NBC): 7%

2. Arrested Development (Fox): 9%

1. Veronica Mars (UPN): 56%

It is a shame ENT did not fare better but 3% does seem consistent with (if they can be trusted) ENT average ratings scores.

Out of that whole list of shows I only watch Enterprise.

Edited by Capt_Picard

What doesn't sound right... the rating(I believe was caused by Star Trek haters), or a post(please not mine)?

What doesn't sound right... the rating(I believe was caused by Star Trek haters), or a post(please not mine)?

311076[/snapback]

The results of that poll don't sound right to me. I find it very difficult to believe there wasn't some sort of problem with the poll (technical problem from those stupid pop-up ads possibly?). The poll results sound wrong to me.

311076[/snapback]

The results of that poll don't sound right to me. I find it very difficult to believe there wasn't some sort of problem with the poll (technical problem from those stupid pop-up ads possibly?). The poll results sound wrong to me.

311079[/snapback]

Nah, sounds about right if you think of all the mindless folks who watch Veronica Mar's. I mean it's actually promoted and all in ad's and stuff.

Nah, sounds about right if you think of all the mindless folks who watch Veronica Mar's.  I mean it's actually promoted and all in ad's and stuff.

311544[/snapback]

Do you honestly believe Veronica Mars (seen only by a small number of people in the US) could receive over 450,000 votes while Enterprise (seen around the world) could receive only 20,000? It just is not plausible.

Something is fishy and it isn't the Tuna Surprise.

Edited by Capt_Picard

Let it go everyone, Enterprise lost! Stop whining about how pop-ups messed it up and all this other little things.... :P If you had pop-ups, then so did others, the public has spoken.

It still sounds wrong. I mean, Veronica Mars isn't even half-way decent. I tried watching it a couple times, and it bored the hell out of me! So how can crap like that do better than Enterprise?

Perhaps it can best be summed up in the old saying: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

I think its important to keep in mind that Enterprise was already listed as cancelled in this poll. That obviously swayed people away from it. Any non Save Enterprise voter would not see the point.

It also seems odd that the first two rank 56 and then 9. Too great a disparity, IMO Especially in a 15-way poll. What was last year's poll like?

It especially seems odd since Enterprise pulls in better numbers than Veronica Mars and as far as I know, there is no 'save' movement for any of the other shows.

Edited by Jack_Bauer