Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

TR-116 Rifle

They might me able to, But remember, that tommy gun wasn't real. It had the force of one, but not the same material composition of one.

With the holodeck safety protocols disengaged, it literally was firing real bullets. The holodeck creates things with the same technology the replicator uses, just slightly less real...if that makes any sense.. :yahoo:

No, it doesn't have the same chemical properties. That might make a difference. I seriously doubt that the holodeck can simulate the sensation of being infected by a virus.

They might me able to, But remember, that tommy gun wasn't real. It had the force of one, but not the same material composition of one.

No, it doesn't have the same chemical properties. That might make a difference. I seriously doubt that the holodeck can simulate the sensation of being infected by a virus.

304698[/snapback]

I've got to agree with Psychic. Bullets can do a lot of damage to someone, even if it takes a lot of material, not to mention how messy it's going to be.

I guess, I'm not sure what your argument against the rifle is. If anything a holographic bullet would have less chance of actually working, just because it isn't real.

No, no. The holodeck simulates the force, but cannot affect the reaction. That's the difference.

Set up Holo Emmiters on every StarShip Every StarBase and Ever Planet and just wait for them to beam down (Over) and then use a HoloGraphic Tommy Gun.

No, no. The holodeck simulates the force, but cannot affect the reaction. That's the difference.

304712[/snapback]

I see what you mean but I still think that a projectile weapon would still be able to kill a drone. If you take a gun to any piece of technology, even something from the twenty forth century, it's going to damage them regardless.

Like I said before, it'll take a alot of bullets but I'm sure that it would work.

I might say that the Borg could have some type of shield or armor to prevent that type of damage, but then I don't think the holographic bullets would have killed the drones, not to mention that the Borg can still be attacked hand to hand ( a la Worf's mecleth of the deflector).

Nope, don't need assault rifles. 12 Gauge shotguns with solid shot, or even normal shot. a shotgun produces a scatter effect, allowing you to damage multiple targets at once. and again, it's a projectile weapon. perhaps outfit phaser rifles with Bayonettes.

Nope, don't need assault rifles. 12 Gauge shotguns with solid shot, or even normal shot. a shotgun produces a scatter effect, allowing you to damage multiple targets at once. and again, it's a projectile weapon. perhaps outfit phaser rifles with Bayonettes.

305691[/snapback]

Well, shotguns aren't that effective against armour, so if drones are outfitted with armour, it would take a couple of shots to bring them down. That's why I suggested assault rifles.

True, but assault rifles can lay down more fire in a shorter time than shotguns. Plus, if you fire in short controlled bursts, you can probably have some headshots.

In First Contact that was probably the first time that type of weapon had been used against the Borg. They would adapt to it just a quickly as any other weapon IMO.

In First Contact that was probably the first time that type of weapon had been used against the Borg. They would adapt to it just a quickly as any other weapon IMO.

305836[/snapback]

Yeah they could probably develop an energy shield to stop projectiles. Kind of like the Borg in the Voyager episdoe ('Drone' was it?) where the technology from Seven and the Doctor combined to make a 29th century Borg. It had all kinds of internal technology like tranporters, shields, and I'm sure that it had some other stuff.