Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Mountain Dew

I read on wikipedia that in Australia and Canada, Mountain Dew is marketed with no caffeine. Can anyone vouch for that? I find it shocking that Mountain Dew could have no caffeine. :yahoo:

Actually, when I lived in another city here in the US - the local grocery store could get it for me. Now, I live in another Pepsi distribution area and they can't get it. Makes no sense but Pepsi does make it or they did five years ago and yes I can say I have had caffeine free Mtn. Dew.

I dont' drink Mtn Dew anymore caffeine or otherwise.

Here's the wikipedia article about Mountain Dew. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Dew

It's got the information about the no caffeine versions, as well as the various flavours. Check out the one coming out Easter, wild berry flavour. Interesting...Hopefully it tastes a lot better than that Pitch Black stuff.. :yahoo:

::takes a swig of mountain dew from a 2 liter:: I don't drink much mountain dew...Not at all...

304587[/snapback]

:lol: My kind of person. "Can't get enough of that Mountain Dew" < remember the jingle for the cereal Sugar Crisp? That was a fav breakfast food!

Check out the one coming out Easter, wild berry flavour.  Interesting...Hopefully it tastes a lot better than that Pitch Black stuff..  :yahoo:

304592[/snapback]

I didn't try Pitch Black, but I tried the berry flavor. :yahoo: Tasted like wine! :laugh:

I hate mountain dew.... Caffiene is good for staying up though. I almost never drink it. My alternative is coke or pepsi.

Caffeine can be ones best friend and worst enemy, just like everything else :yahoo: Well, except, that it's just my normal friend. hehe

Mountain Dew with no caffeine! :yahoo: Why drink it without caffeine!?!

Edited by Odie

Interesting...Hopefully it tastes a lot better than that Pitch Black stuff..  :lol:

Wild berry... :yahoo: I do not think I want to try that one. I really did not like the Live Wire or the Pitch Black versions. Code Red is not a favorite either.

My mom adores Pitch Black and Code Red, and usually will pick those over regular Mtn Dew.

I have to agree with my friend that I wish that the Mtn Dew found basically only at Taco Bell needs to be available elsewhere, since that one is pretty good. As far as I remember it is called Baja Blast, or something similar.

But otherwise it is straight Mountain Dew for me :yahoo:

but caffeine free........uhhhhh, then what is the point?? :laugh:

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I went to Taco Bell today and tried the Baja Blast Mountain Dew. It's pretty interesting, I like the balance between the sour of the lime and the sweetness of Mountain Dew, you can easily gulp it. Sometimes energy drinks are soo friggen sweet it's impossible to do more than just sip it, but this was good.

For a real caffeine kick, do you remember "Jolt"?  Whoa baby!  That stuff gave me serious heartburn! :P

305664[/snapback]

Remember? Dude, I can give you a link where you can buy cases of it!

For a real caffeine kick, do you remember "Jolt"?  Whoa baby!  That stuff gave me serious heartburn! B)

305664[/snapback]

Remember? Dude, I can give you a link where you can buy cases of it!

305666[/snapback]

B) Whoa dude! Send me the link! :P

My main link to caffeine is http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks I've gotten both the Jolt and the case of Buzz Water, highly caffeinated water, it has the same caffeine level as a caffeine pill. I got the case of Bawls too. I also found this site http://www.beveragesdirect.com/browse/index.asp?category=12 it's got some of the same stuff.

Is it true that Mountain Dew kills sperm cells?

I has some friends who swear by that fact but I don't completely buy it.

Can anyone elaborate?

The rumour was that the yellow dye used in Mountain Dew kills sperm cells. The answer is plain and simple: NO. It's just an urban myth. Products have used the yellow 5 dye for years, and studies done confirm that it doesn't decrease the sperm count.

Go to www.snopes.com to look for it

Thanks.

I knew that couldn't be true because they wouldn't be allowed to sell it if it was true.

I still don't think my friends will believe me.

Mountain Dew with no caffeine!  :P  Why drink it without caffeine!?!

304719[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly, Odie. it's like decaf coffee or NA Beer! It's just not right!

Mountain Dew with no caffeine!  :P  Why drink it without caffeine!?!

304719[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly, Odie. it's like decaf coffee or NA Beer! It's just not right!

305697[/snapback]

What's the legal age to buy NA beer anyway, still 21? It does contain very small amounts of alcohol. I do feel bad for the troops in Islam nations, they can't get beer or if they do, it's O'Douls B)

Mountain Dew with no caffeine!   :P   Why drink it without caffeine!?!

304719[/snapback]

305697[/snapback]

What's the legal age to buy NA beer anyway, still 21? It does contain very small amounts of alcohol. I do feel bad for the troops in Islam nations, they can't get beer or if they do, it's O'Douls B)

305732[/snapback]

Neer Beer!

I see caffiene-free Mountain Dew all the time. It's between the regular Mountain Dew and the Mountain Dew Code Red (which is next to the caffiene-free Code Red).