Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Star Trek II

So, what's everyones favourite moment from Star Trek II. And don't say the whole movie, be creative :waaaa:. My favourite moment was when Kirk was running down to the engineering room, everyone knew Spock was dying, but in his death, a new planet was being formed. I loved how they kept flashing between Kirk and the Genesis Planet.

I have two scenes to mention.

My first favorite scene is the one where Kirk is standing before the Helm/Nav station and whips out his glasses. This, of course, is the first scene between Kirk and Kahn, who now has control of the Reliant. He stops for just a moment and looks at the faces watching him, and he mutters, "Damn..." I loved it! That scene still makes me laugh, even to this day.

My second favorite scene is on Regula 1. Kirk has decided to beam down to the coordinates left on the transporter. Bones, in golden fashion, questions this decision. Bones: "What if they went no where?" Kirk: "Then, this will be you're chance to get away from it all." The dialogue in this movie was just to good.

On a side note, I was having lunch with a co-worker of mine last week, and we started talking about Wrath of Kahn. I mentioned to him that I loved the fact that neither Kirk or Kahn actually shared any 'space' together. As we all know, they exchanged all of their dialogue between view screens. This came as a complete revelation to my friend, who is an admitted fan (not like us, though...). This fact is probably my favorite 'thing' about the movie in general.

Another of my favourite scenes was a deleted scene they put back in for the special edition DVD. I really liked how they showed the camera rolling around the Enterprise and showing the damage Reliant had done to her. It added a bit of impact to the scope of damage Enterprise had suffered. It's always sad to see a beautiful ship like her damaged. Anyone else notice a blue and red motif, Enterprise represented by blue of her sensor array and Reliant, red lights and red represented on the Enterprise monitors during the chase around Regula.

I know this not a part, but here is my favorite quote. The movie reminds me of a very famous novel called Moby D!ck.

"I'll chase him round the outer nebula and round the antares malstrom and round perditions flames before I give him up!"
-- Khan, Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan Edited by Odie

That was a great line. It really summed up everything you needed to know about Khan. That was one and then there was the beginning and ending lines from Charles Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities." The movie was awash in quotes from great literature. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Oh, my goodness, the beautiful Refit Enterprise took a heck of a beating from the Reliant.

The Refit Enterprise really was a gorgeous piece of work. There have been a lot of interesting ship designs since the Trek has been around, but this was the pinnacle in my humble opinion.

Edited by BigHero6

I liked when they showed the Enterprise and the Reliant over each other, but unaware where the other was in the Mutara Nebula. Gave it an aura of mystery, neither is the hunter.

I love the that quote too. One of my favourite scenes is when Kirk enters the code and powers down Kahn's shields.

I"ll chase him around the Outer Nebula and around Antares Maelstrom and round perditions Flames before I give him up!"

Klingon Proverb "A Dish that is best served cold"it is very cold in space Khan talking about Kirk wanting to destroy his ship.

I liked the action Battle Scenes I also loved it when the Ship left Spacedock and the one on Regula space Station is a classic in the transporter room what Kirk said to Bones "this be ur big chance to get aways from it all."and the Sad Death scene with Spock and the awesome Mutara Nebula.

and at the end of the film how they showed the ship getting ready to go to warp.

:jem'hadar: :batman::batman::batman:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

One of my favorite senses out of many is when Kirk yelled KHHAAANNNNN!!! It was so load that you can hear it in space. I am impressed! :batman: :jem'hadar:

Edited by Odie

I loved the part where the beat up Enterprise beat the ever-loving snot out of the Reliant at the end of the movie! I always think of Rocky when I see that scene.

But this is my all-time favorite film... I can't pick just one scene! :jem'hadar:

One of my favorite senses out of many is when Kirk yelled KHHAAANNNNN!!!  It was so load that you can hear it in space.  I am impressed!  :batman:  :jem'hadar:

305127[/snapback]

Try this...

Click here!

You gotta love it!

One of my favorite senses out of many is when Kirk yelled KHHAAANNNNN!!!  It was so load that you can hear it in space.  I am impressed!  :batman:  :jem'hadar:

305127[/snapback]

Try this...

Click here!

You gotta love it!

305338[/snapback]

That is COOL!!!!

I know this not a part, but here is my favorite quote.  The movie reminds me of a very famous novel called Moby D!ck.

"I'll chase him round the outer nebula and round the antares malstrom and round perditions flames before I give him up!"
-- Khan, Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan

304505[/snapback]

I love that line, especially the crazed look in Khan's eyes. And then, he sort of snaps back to reality and says "Prepare to alter course". Khan was friggen insane later in the movie

Kahn was insane through the whole movie.

306758[/snapback]

Indeed he was. Okay, now you all can't kill me for this... But I think what really made this movie click was the fact that we had two of the biggest 'ham' actors on the planet (Shatner & Montalban) playing hard ball and were working from a real good script. They both had some 'over the top' moments that when put together, well... it sizzled. It was like a great tennis match between two seasoned pro's. It was completely and totally awesome. It's still one of my all time favorite movies.

One of my favorite scenes is when Kirk and McCoy are about to beam over to the space station and Spock says, "Be careful, Jim" and McCoy reply's "We will!" I love those Spock McCoy interchanges. Including the one when they are discussing Genesis and McCoy gets mad at Spock's logic and Spock replies, "Dr. you must learn to curb your emotions or they shall be your undoing" (or words to that effect.) One final favorite moment: when Kirk tells Khan "Here it comes" and the Reliant's shields go down. I love this movie! :yahoo:

In space seed, they planted kahn...

in the wrath of kahn, he got mean, right?

307813[/snapback]

Khan was always mean. He was a brutal dictator during the Eugenics War, and then tried to take over the Enterprise.

I lent my copy to a friend a few days ago, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, need to watch it soon.