Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

How would you rate "Affliction"?

How would you rate "Affliction"?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate "Affliction"?

As for the mind-meld...

Click For Spoiler
Sorry, but that was totally lame. T'Pol said that she didn't really know what to do, so Archer, since he had had Surak's katra in his mind, offered to give advice.

He gave one peice of advice. I'm sorry, but if someone doesn't know how to do a mind-meld, you'd think they'd need more than one peice of advice.

As for the mind-meld...

Click For Spoiler
Sorry, but that was totally lame. T'Pol said that she didn't really know what to do, so Archer, since he had had Surak's katra in his mind, offered to give advice.

He gave one peice of advice. I'm sorry, but if someone doesn't know how to do a mind-meld, you'd think they'd need more than one peice of advice.

304946[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Well keep in mind that T'Pol has taken part in a few mind melds herself, and the writings of the Kir'Shara likely have something written by Surak on mind melds.

I personally liked how she didn't get it right at first. And the actual meld sequence was really well done.

I gave it an 8.

Click For Spoiler
I really liked the Klingons in general from their desperation, the ridgeless Klingons, and John Schuck's return as a Klingon. I wasn't very thrilled the actual character who represented section 31, but I loved how Malcolm responded to decieving Archer and the crew. It makes sense that Malcolm would be in an organization like that too. I'm interested in seeing Kelby's development too. As I said in the post above, I liked the mind meld sequence in general. I loved the connection with the Augments and the Klingons. I was absolutely thrilled with it.

Click For Spoiler
I wasn't thrilled by Hoshi turning into Xena warrior translator against the Rigelians, but it worked. I guess it's more believable with Rigelians than against Klingons, which is who I thought they were fighting. The dreamscape with Trip and T'Pol was interesting but I didn't much care for it. It could be interesting to see where it goes. I'm not thrilled with Captain Hernandez. I just think she's very soft. It's probably just that I'm used to seeing Archer for too long and maybe she'll toughen up as things go on.

Overall not a great episode, but it holds it's own with me.

I gave it a 8.5.

Click For Spoiler
For the love of god please let this Tripp/T'Pol story line rest! It's one of the things that killed the series imo! I'm glad that thete finally is a explanation to the Klingon question but I think it could have been done better.

Because of my bad reception, I couldn't see Columbia's patch, could anyone find a picture of it and post it here, or direct me to a site?

304877[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
176377.png
post-812-1095566621.gif

10 - Amazing, excellent episode. I was shocked to discover reed was a section 31 agent, I liked the explanation of why the Kingons looked different in TOS and I was glad the Columbia finally launched. Excellent Stuff :newyear::congrats:

Sign in to follow this