Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Enterprise finale news

Interesting.... sounds like

Click For Spoiler
temporal overtones or new series intro

Click For Spoiler
Riker and the USS Titan (assuming it's a good design) would be a decent way to end this show.

Unfortunately, it includes Deanna Troi, which can never be a good thing. :blink:

Edited by The King

Click For Spoiler
Riker and the USS Titan (assuming it's a good design) would be a decent way to end this show.

Unfortunately, it includes Deanna Troi, which can never be a good thing. :blink:

303195[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Maybe she'll fall for Archer and dump Riker to stay in the past. It's the "I'm my own grandma" story. :blink:

I agree. Shatner as Kirk should be in it. It would be a fitting end to Trek and would make it come full circle.

they should have Shatner (as was rumored)

Click For Spoiler

304269[/snapback]

They tried to get him however his price tag has gone up considerable since he won the Emmy and started on Boston Legal. They couldn't afford him.

I agree. Shatner as Kirk should be in it. It would be a fitting end to Trek and would make it come full circle.

304284[/snapback]

It depends on how you look at it.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
Well, my curiosity is peaked. If this is true, how do you all think it will play out? My guess is that we will see them onboard the Titan, and will be remarking on the exploits of the NX-01. Perhaps at the beginning of the show. Just my guess.
Edited by Ace

Click For Spoiler
Besides, when Enterprise is saved Shatner can still come one

Don't place any bets on that, Takara.

It would be a curiosity to see the Titan and Riker which actually should have been seen in NEM but as long as the show is neatly wrapped up in a way that it can be isolated easily from the rest of the franchise, I'll be satisfied. I just hope the Titan is a new design, not some reused existing design and not some uber-ship like some fanboys have imagined on various other sites.

it  sound   great  but   it  seem     idea  but    i  thougth    they  would  not doing any   time  travling  epodise

306840[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Edited by Ace

Click For Spoiler
I wonder if we will see the start of the TCW?

306811[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
What's the TCW?

Click For Spoiler

306811[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

306912[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
I wonder if we will see the start of the TCW?

306811[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
What's the TCW?

306912[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
The TCW is the Temporal Cold War, a major plot point in the first 3 years of Enterprise. TCW is the abbreviation we use.

I don't think it will be involved because it is supposedly not a time travel episode and the fact that Manny Coto declined to comment on the identity of the Future Guy. Of course, that may not mean much as Coto isn't writing the season finale. Coto's refusal was based on the fact that he may continue the storyline should the fan efforts prove successful.

So, if you want to know who the Future Guy is, Save Enterprise.

306913[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
I know what the temporal cold war is, it's just the first time I've seen it abbrivated TCW. Well, it's just the first time I remember seeing it abbriviated that way... My memory is basically shot. :)

:) :P :) :P

Click For Spoiler
THIS IS BIG
Click For Spoiler
I'm mad enough to cancel my trip home over this, and Go to DC to Use my White House Press Pass and Raise All Heck
Click For Spoiler
This is from Quillis at Trekbbs
Click For Spoiler
Oh **** it...Trip dies at the end and the episode is a holographic program on the holodeck of the Enterprise-D (yes..."D" as in how DUMB can you get!)which Riker and Troi are observing. The series itself is not a hologram program, but the likelihood of bringing it back after this bull***is practically zero. You may now commense your saber rattling.
LINK

It's NUKING TIME!!!!!!

Edited by nerd359

The finalé was NOT written by Manny Coto. It is the only episode all season written by Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. It is their idea.

Big shock, huh? :) It's so incredible that they actually have negated my positive feelings about the $3 million donation received today by Save Enterprise. Quills has been a 100 percent accurate spoiler source, nerd359. Unfortanately the spoiler you cited above is true. In the finalé

Click For Spoiler
Trip Tucker dies and Will and Deanna get about one third of the screen time

They've ruined everything. Manny Coto stated in his interview at Saveenterprise that he had plans to keep the Trip/T'Pol storyline going in season five and all sorts of other plans. This particular plot point was NOT Manny's idea whatsoever. I've talked to people at the rally. Manny pretty much said straight out that the season finalé of season four would not influence his plans for writing season five if they were lucky enough to get one. They didn't understand why he was being so cryptic, but now they do. Basically he was saying that he would undo this. They didn't get the script until late last week. Nobody knew.

Quills also said that the writing staff and production crew are pretty upset; they've voiced their opinion that this is an awful way to end the series.

I agree. Pardon my french but this is one big (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) YOU to the loyal fans. Berman is interested in his movie with a new crew. I've got to hand it to him.

Click For Spoiler
Killing Trip
is a tremendous stab in the heart. Edited by mj

Well.

That certainly sucks. :)

I was hoping to at least be entertained by an exciting send-off, but B & B prove yet again how utterly incompetent they are.

I could say more, but I'll just sit here and be annoyed...

Thanks to the precedent in the movie the Search for Spock, any new foolishness committed by B&B can be effectively undone.

I think that it is a terrible way to end the show. Barman and co have consistently dilluted their 'All singing/all dancing new cool Trek' down to a series that relies heavily on the TOS and now the TNG crew. The cast and crew of Enterprise, it feels, are just being side lined as a little diversion away from 'real' Trek for a few years and it seems like now they are saying - 'well that was a fun little diversion but here we go back to the 'real' Trek universe, as represented by Riker and Deanna... Sigh. A sad end to the great show.

But hey kids... it's a long road!!!

it's insulting to think that either frakes or sirtis need to be there. :P

would anyone have thought it a good idea to have nichols, takei or koenig on the finale of TNG? no....why, it undermines the work of the cast and crew. period!

it's rediculous...they should have let the crew fly off into the sunset like kirk and company in ST VI:UC.

i only hope blalock is wrong and that it isn't as appauling as it seems.

regardless...i will always consider this to one of the best ST shows...i've loved it and had a great four years with the crew. i wish them all the best.

;)

If this report is true B & B are forcing their vision of Trek down the fans throats. Gene R. should come back and haunt them imo.

:P  :P  :yahoo:  :laugh:
Click For Spoiler
THIS IS BIG
Click For Spoiler
I'm mad enough to cancel my trip home over this, and Go to DC to Use my White House Press Pass and Raise All Heck
Click For Spoiler
Click For Spoiler
Oh **** it...Trip dies at the end and the episode is a holographic program on the holodeck of the Enterprise-D (yes..."D" as in how DUMB can you get!)which Riker and Troi are observing. The series itself is not a hologram program, but the likelihood of bringing it back after this bull***is practically zero. You may now commense your saber rattling.
LINK

It's NUKING TIME!!!!!!

306927[/snapback]

If the info in the last spoiler is accurate, it would really suck saurkraut. Enterprise deserves better than that.

:P  :P  :yahoo:  :laugh:
Click For Spoiler
THIS IS BIG
Click For Spoiler
Click For Spoiler
Click For Spoiler
LINK

It's NUKING TIME!!!!!!

306927[/snapback]

If the info in the last spoiler is accurate, it would really suck saurkraut. Enterprise deserves better than that.

310655[/snapback]

Thank you for posting this bakulababe. Enterprise does deserve better than this, and so do its fans and Star Trek fans in particular. I am disappointed that Frakes would get involved with this, but my real ire is reserved for B & B. They deserve to rot in a special kind of Hades for this mayhem and meddling.

I found this at TrekToday:

In his regular chat with Star Trek Magazine (via Sci Fi Pulse), Berman said that when he and Braga initially wrote the episode, "we did it with a feeling that there was a very good chance that the show would not be continuing, but that there was a possibility it might. And we wrote accordingly." He said that when producers receive word of a show's cancellation, they do not think in terms of a last-minute reprieve, but he said that even if the series came back it would not change the storyline: "It's not like we're destroying the ship or the crew. It's a very special and unique episode, a kind of episode we've never really done before."

I believe the rumours regarding anyone's death are strictly that - rumours.

Unfortunately it is not a rumor, Takara_Soong. :angry: You may recall me mentioning Morpheus, the insider at the TrekBBS who is rumored to be a script editor. Morpheus has not gotten a spoiler wrong in four years.

It is true.

Click For Spoiler
Trip dies

Morpheus is on set. He says Braga was a little perturbed that fans have accused him of never taking a risk, so he wanted to do something daring for the finale. So this is what he chose. In the last fifteen minutes of the episode. According to Morpheus, this plot point was definitely Brannon Braga's idea. According to Morpheus, Rick and Brannon are quite taken aback by all the letters and phone calls Paramount has received to complain. They both thought this was a very daring idea. In fact, the episode was advertised as a "valentine to the fans" on Trek BBS. It never occurred to them that some fans might put a romantic connotation to "valentine" and assume that some culmination of Trip and T'Pol's relationship was involved. Rick and Brannon were under the impression that fans would be just thrilled to see

Click For Spoiler
Will and Deanna again. They thought it was a wonderful idea, that it would tie the NX-01 crew into history. That's why they gave Will and Deanna a full third of the screentime, if not a little more.
They are shocked to find out such isn't so. They are beyond out of touch, and very miffed that the script was leaked and that the reaction has been negative. Morpheus says they don't understand why people hate it so much. There is a 20 page long spoiler thread on Trek BBS that would take you good folks far too long to wade through, so I have cut and pasted Morpheus' two key responses about plot points. This is verbatim. These are Morpheus' words, not mine. This is the same Morpheus who has never gotten a spoiler wrong in four years. Even more telling, this is the Morpheus who used to chide us for prejudging episodes without seeing them. He says Jolene's assessment is absolutely correct, only she's too polite.

Click For Spoiler
Asked by bether6074:

Quills or Morpheus: but do we get a scene where T'Pol is informed of Trip's death .... Also, does she see him when he's dead in sickbay? Are there any friends at all with him? Does he speak at all, mention T'Pol before he dies?

Morpheus responded:

For the most part -no on all counts. Archer is in sickbay - but the dialog is pathetic and almost meaningless for such a moment IMO. You dont actually see Trip die either - you just see him not doing well, then it cuts to T'pol cleaning out his quarters. This is primarily why I say the finale sucks so bad. The entire episode is nothing more than disjointed flashbacks to events in the past, to apparently give two tired has-been characters something to walk around and jabber about. Its just stupid, as far as I'm concerned. I expected an episode of 'Enterprise' - not TNG. That show ended a long time ago.

Bakulababe, this is particularly troublesome because

Click For Spoiler
Trip dies protecting Archer. Aliens of the week get on board the NX-01--which is due to be decommissioned in a few weeks--the episode skips the actual founding of the federation because it's focused on Will Riker's conflict on whether or not to tell Picard the truth about the mutiny on the Pegasus in which he backed his former captain all those years before--and they demand that Shran and his new young daughter (the episode is set four years in the future from current ENT time) be handed over. Archer refuses to hand them over so the aliens order that Archer be killed. They make a move to do it and Trip stops them by causing an explosion in engineering. He is caught in the blast and taken to sickbay. That's where he dies. Morpheus said that it is made clear in a later scene that he died, but we don't see him die. We don't get a Trip/T'Pol good-bye scene (in the script, Trip and T'Pol broke up during the four year interim, no explanation given) or a Malcolm/Trip goodbye scene and Morpheus keeps saying that Archer's dialogue is "pathetic" for such an event as tragic as his friend dying to save Archer's life. Trip's death gets very short shrift. Sim got a funeral. Sim got the whole crew there. Trip does not because of time constraints. The episode is written as an episode of the next generation, with the focus on Will and Deanna. It takes place during the episode "Pegasus," so Frakes and Sirtis are playing themselves twelve years younger. That's the ep where we find out that Will stood by his captain on the pegasus when the crew mutinied, but realizes he was wrong. This finale sort of rewrites that. Apparently Will had time to spend on the holodeck doing research. For some reason, this bit of history helps Will make the decision to tell Picard the truth about what happened on the Pegasus. ......so Trip's death is written poorly; Archer is made to look like an insensitive doofus; the founding of the federation is not portrayed; the minor ENT characters get bascially nothing and there is no sense of closure

These spoilers were confirmed by Morpheus, by Quills, and by another insider on the TrekBBS. They are not rumors. According to Morpheus, another one of the script editors told Rick and Brannon to their faces, "this script smells of feces." The production crew is upset and offended and feel that it is an extremely poor send off for the series. It's a "valentine" for us. :look: This is the last episode of Trek for maybe forever. It is a disaster that could only be fixed by another season or a television movie. Manny Coto did a print interview at saveenterprise.com on February 25. This was not his plan for a season five had he gotten one. He certainly didn't plan on you know who taking a dirt nap. Rick and Brannon insisted on writing the last episode....actually according to Trektoday the script was written for last year had ENT been cancelled. Rick and Brannon decreed that it would be used. They wouldn't let Manny write it. Something is wrong here, folks. This is a disaster.

Mr. David Stapf

President

Paramount Television

5555 Melrose Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90038-3112

That is the only man who can give the okay for another network to produce ENT. Spike has shown interest according to the Boston Herald. Spike has the money since they cancelled their contract with WWE. Spike has $40 million dollars. Spike is looking for new orginal programming. Spike asked, and so far Stapf has said "no." In the article, Jolene said that the cast (with the exception of Linda Park) would love to come back. Technically, they aren't released from their contracts until August. I have written him a letter. If a second modern Trek series ends in disaster that's it kids. People loathed "Endgame" for Voyager. Morpheus says this is much, much worse, that it's an insult to the fans who stuck in there. Trek can't afford to have another series end on a sour note. The franchise isn't healthy enough. This is supposed to be Trek history, the way it all ties together. If this is botched, it is far more damaging to the franchise than a series about a starship lost in the Delta quadrant ending on a bad note. Voyager was an adjunct to Trek history. Enterprise is its beginning. It's a pity, because according to Morpheus the five episodes preceding the finale range from "very good" to "fantastic." Only the finale is a bomb.

During business hours at Paramount (US Pacific time) there is a number with a voice menu. At the prompt you can ask for "Richard (not Rick) Berman," "Brannon Braga" and I believe "David Stapf" may have been added. My husband called and talked to Berman's assistant.

Parmount's phone # 323-956-5000

Paramount fax # 323-862-1134 (just add the US country code from overseas)

Edited by MoulinRouge