Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

You might be a geek if...

Ok, I'm sure we can come up with some good ones.

-your other car is a runabout

-you've worn a Starfleet uniform on any day other than Halloween

-you've studied a language for fun (bonus if it was a sci-ri or fantasy lanuage, such as Klingon or Elfish)

-you've built your own computer

-you've found an old trashed computer and fixed it for fun

-you've had a conversation (other than through the computer) in 1337 5p3@k

-you own a 600 page book about fractals, and read it for fun

-you understand ALL of the technobabble in Star Trek

These be leeched from beyond...

You Might Be A Geek If...

Click For Spoiler
  • If you own a machine which runs Unix, Ultrix, Linux, FreeBSD, or any other such operating system, you might be a geek.
  • You might be a geek if you can call more than three Star Trek episodes (any series) by name, or if you can name the entire cast of any of the shows.
  • You might even be a geek if you even knew there was more than one series.
  • If you speak a non-existant language (e.g., Klingon or High Elvish) you might be a geek. Esperanto counts.
  • If you ever lost your favourite pocket protector at a D&D convention, you are probably a geek.
  • You might be a geek if you chose voluntarily to go to grad school primarily out of interest for the subject you were studying.
  • You might be a geek if you have ever used the anagram program to generate anagrams for a RPG. (Give yourself an extra point if you knew RPG stood for “Role Playing Game”.)
  • If you own any article of clothing, bumper sticker, etc., which has the word “grok” on it, you might be a geek.
  • You might be a geek if you own an autographed copy of Kerninghan and Ritchie's The C Programming Language.
  • You might be a geek if you have ever placed a personal ad on an BBS, web site, or other such electronic medium.
  • If your favourite number is irrational or imaginary, you might be a geek.
  • If you refer to your adolescence as “my pupal stage”, you might be a geek.
  • If you know a
joke about biostatisticians and epidemiologists, you might be a geek.
If you automatically assume “coax” has two syllables, you might be a geek.
post-812-1095566621.gif

If you know what SETI stands for.

You know that Microsoft is the spawn of Satan

If you know what ASCII stands for

You understand what a tachyon is

If you know how to spell antidisestablishmentarianism in less than a second

Phrase your essay responses in the form of a question

*  If you own a machine which runs Unix, Ultrix, Linux, FreeBSD, or any other such operating system, you might be a geek.
I have worked with one that runs with UNIX.

* You might be a geek if you can call more than three Star Trek episodes (any series) by name, or if you can name the entire cast of any of the shows.

* You might even be a geek if you even knew there was more than one series.

ummm, well I am a Trek fan so I guess that answers these, LOL.

* You might be a geek if you chose voluntarily to go to grad school primarily out of interest for the subject you were studying.
:huh: I will be. Still at the University & Comm. College level right now.

* You might be a geek if you own an autographed copy of Kerninghan and Ritchie's The C Programming Language.
not autographed, and gave it to my little brother...guess that still kinda counts.

* If your favourite number is irrational or imaginary, you might be a geek.
well none of my favorites have a whole number as a result of taking the square root. Well, one creates a whole number.. the rest result in a value containing a decimal.

* If you automatically assume “coax” has two syllables, you might be a geek.
It depends on how you gotta use it in a sentence.

:yes: to all.

Well maybe it would take a little over a second to spell that. I actually can spell deoxyribonucleic acid a bit faster faster. But then DNA IS a little shorter so that would be why. :P

-you've studied a language for fun (bonus if it was a sci-ri or fantasy lanuage, such as Klingon or Elfish)

:yes: Though my brother does the part about trashed computers on a more regular basis, but I have personally in the past

Oh good grief... I guess this makes it very obvious why I got over 40% on that geek test :blush 2:

:dude:

Edited by Yillara_Soong

*  If you own a machine which runs Unix, Ultrix, Linux, FreeBSD, or any other such operating system, you might be a geek.
I have worked with one that runs with UNIX.

* You might be a geek if you can call more than three Star Trek episodes (any series) by name, or if you can name the entire cast of any of the shows.

* You might even be a geek if you even knew there was more than one series.

ummm, well I am a Trek fan so I guess that answers these, LOL.

* You might be a geek if you chose voluntarily to go to grad school primarily out of interest for the subject you were studying.
:yahoo: I will be. Still at the University & Comm. College level right now.

* You might be a geek if you own an autographed copy of Kerninghan and Ritchie's The C Programming Language.
not autographed, and gave it to my little brother...guess that still kinda counts.

* If your favourite number is irrational or imaginary, you might be a geek.
well none of my favorites have a whole number as a result of taking the square root. Well, one creates a whole number.. the rest result in a value containing a decimal.

* If you automatically assume “coax” has two syllables, you might be a geek.
It depends on how you gotta use it in a sentence.

:yes: to all.

Well maybe it would take a little over a second to spell that. I actually can spell deoxyribonucleic acid a bit faster faster. But then DNA IS a little shorter so that would be why. :yahoo:

:yes: Though my brother does the part about trashed computers on a more regular basis, but I have personally in the past

Oh good grief... I guess this makes it very obvious why I got over 40% on that geek test :blush 2:

:laugh:

303607[/snapback]

I got higher... :blush 2:

You make a t-shirt that talks about ways to survive chemistry & labs..

That said sayings are because of stuff you actually learned versus searching out sayings on websites.

you wonder if your professor will either laugh at the shirt or kill you so very dead for it.

And you happen to be wearing it as you type this and wonder if you should have added a few more things. LOL

You have a Shirt that on the Front says "I'm a typical Kettering Student"

In English, French, Italian, Dutch, German, Spanish, Norwegian, and Portugese on the front, and the demographic Breakdown of your school on the back :biggrin:

You made a cheat shirt for the AP chemistry midterm 2 years ago and still wear it.

You actually went and bought a couple shirts regarding the hurricanes of last year

One of mine is a post card that says "Welcome to Florida, we are here" and it has a radar image of Florida from when either Charlie or Frances were coming through. and the other says "I Survived the Tripple Whammy: Charley, Frances and Jeanne"

Emil Soong has a parody of the Survivor logo, but it talks about three of the hurricanes to hit Florida

We went through all three. And both of us wear the shirts quite often.

You are a geek I guess if you complained about how much you wanted a t-shirt about "The Storm of the Century" (circa 1991, the same storm that eventually becaume the subject of the movie "The Perfect Storm") it said storm of the century on the front, and then on the back listed all of the states that had schools closed, and highways that were shut down, and major airport closings, and largest amount of rain/snowfall, coldest recorded temps.. stuff like that.

Speaking of shirts.. My mom got me a shirt when I went and saw Halley's comet(at age 5), and I wore that shirt to DEATH and finally had to toss what shreds of it were left when I was about 12.. I guess you are a complete geek when you spend all this time searching for the image that was on the shirt. And finally locate it last year, scan the image in color it similar to the way it was on the old shirt and make a new shirt that you can wear to death! :biggrin: :lol: