Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

How Would You Rate "United"

How Would You Rate "United"  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate "United"

What did you think of tonight's episode of Enterprise?

Synopsis:

Click For Spoiler

9.5. Awesome. I thought I would have a hard time enjoying it since they cancelled it. However, that didn't matter and it was a great episode.

This show no longer has any real creative problems, IMO. If it wasn't placed in such a bad situation, it would have had a better chance.

Very good. Not great, but very good. Talked to Mom on the phone afterwards and she (a non-ENT fan) liked it too.

It was relatively exciting and I enjoyed the plot. I give it an 8.5.

Click For Spoiler

I gave it a 9.5 aswell,

Click For Spoiler
I loved the fight, that was awesome. And it had so many wonderful surprises, like Travis had a speaking part, and actually ended up saving the day, because it was his idea to cut Shran's antenae off. And that creepy albino andorian at the end, any ep with a crazy cliffhanger is always good.

EDIT - Remember to use spoilers when talking about the episode..

Edited by SpaceTigger

I absolutely loved it. I loved it last week. I loved it this week. I gave it a 10 last week. I gave it a 10 this week. I loved it! It made me happy. :look:

Click For Spoiler

I am glad I was alone when I was watching this episode because I was jumping around and screaming, annd perhaps that was a bit of an overeaction. But I bothered no one. There was not one to see me being crazy ( a supposedly mature middle aged lady being crazy about an episode of Star Trek). But I am a grown up most the time. :laugh:

Over all, the episode had a good plot...but the way the fight scene was filmed did not impress me. I gave it a nine, but it probably deserved a 9.5. I was great, though. frackin awesome. :laugh:

A 9.5

I am so sad that this show is going off the air. :laugh: Is it just me, or do Connor and Dominic have the most refreshing "friendship" type chemistry going on since Bashir and O'Brien on DS9? It's so cool that they're best friends in real life. My friends heard Dom say so at one of the cons. It's easy to believe. They are so gosh darned cute together. :look:

I loved this episode too. I thought last week's was great and this one just carried on without missing a beat!

Click For Spoiler

Great, great episode.

Click For Spoiler
One of the best so far. Didn't see the Andorian coming. But was the Andorian blind? His eyes looked white unlike Shran's. which were really reddish. Better dialogue, but they're still killing off the characters to fast to really build on the relationships.

I gave it a 9

Click For Spoiler
It was a good episode but I just hate "to be continued" - although I have to say the ending took me by surprise which doesn't happen much on tv anymore.

Loved that scene with Trip and Malcolm - those are the sorts of character touches that remind me of TOS.

I had the same thought as Ace about the marriage rule - glad they were more creative.

I was also glad to see Travis with a bigger role

10 for the second week in a row!

Click For Spoiler
Albino Andorians, Alpha Quadrant vessels flying in formation, big fight scene, man it was all great.

I especially liked the part where all the different vessels chased after the fleeing Romulan ship at the same time.

Another thing is that we got some more canon info on Andorian antennea. I had read on a few sights that they played a large part with Andorian senses and the loss of one left them almost blind or whatever. But, I guess now it's not that dangerous to lose one, just humiliating. Shran looked like he couldn't balance as well though, so maybe they serve some purpose. And, they grow back! so that's good too.

All in all, another excellent episode. But I'm still not over its cancellation.

Click For Spoiler
One of the best so far. Didn't see the Andorian coming. But was the Andorian blind? His eyes looked white unlike Shran's. which were really reddish. Better dialogue, but they're still killing off the characters to fast to really build on the relationships.

300652[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
'Tis be some species related to the Andorians.... The Aenar.
post-812-1095566621.gif Edited by DrWho42

Another great episode I give it a 9.5-10!

-----------------------------------------------------

Click For Spoiler
It was somewhat surprising to me that the pilot that was controlling the ship looked Andorian but the eyes were somewhat different ("Aenar")Subspecies of the Andorians was never mentioned in TOS and yes I also wil miss Enterprise just when things are really coming into place catching up to TOS It's going out at least in a Blaze of Glory even though if it had the extra 3 years might have maybe been able to see what Archer saw in Zero Hour that Guy from the Future showed him the Founding of UFP and it is a refreshing "Friendship"between Trip and Malcolm sort of akin to Bashir and O'Brien was on DS9 didin't think of that.

:clap::pinch::clap: :)

I gave it a 9.5 because it was indeed a great episode. It had its suspense, and we learned a bit more about the early Romulans. What more could you ask for? Then there was the...

Click For Spoiler
fact that the person in the VR mask was Andorian. (I heard that he/she /it was supposed to be one of the fourth genders of Andorians...) This fact would do several things... Outrage the Andorians (of course the would deny it, being the proud species that they are), and piss off the Tellarites (being old enemies of Andoria), which could lead to a potential war, which is the design of the Romulans to begin with. It's only up to Earth (i.e. Captain Archer) to prevent such a war and uncover the truth. Added to that, there was the fact that we learned a little about Andoria's history (This was new to me, in any case), when we learned that Andoria was an ice-locked planet.

Most people would automatically assume that that means that Andoria is a frozen planet, maybe in an orbit to its sun similar to that of Mars to our sun. I think that maybe Andoria is simply in the middle of an Ice Age, and the dominant species, Andorians, adapted to it. After all, an Ice Age can last for several mellinium. Some species would die. Some would learn to survive. Some of those latter species would adapt to the point that a frozen world is not just survivable, but natural

Edited by mj

10!!! I'm starting to think if UPN just said they were going to kick the show just to get more people to watch it. Got to love those fights sceens.

I finally got a chance to watch the show, it was great! I think this is the best episode I've seen of Enterprise so far.

We have to find a way to change their minds about canceling the show. It's just now getting to the point that we've been wanting since season 1!

I give it a 10

I finally got a chance to watch it too and all i can say is wow I am really surprised that theyre cancelling this show it seems every season and every episode gets better and better... the more canon background you show really bridges the gap between TOS and the later series... if all else fails i hope that SciFi network picks this up in syndication... worked for SG1.. and to close with one word

Click For Spoiler
REMANS!!!!!
Edited by Ace

Click For Spoiler
REMANS!!!!!

301329[/snapback]

I know!

Just awesome!

Very good episode (9)

Click For Spoiler
I loved the fight between Archer and Shran, and the solution too. And Talas' death was such an amazing tragedy. It's really sad how something that random and seemingly insignificant could lead to her demise. Bakula's acting was very good. "How about you try acting like humans for a change?"

And was I the only one who thought that Malcolm was going to get promoted by Trip during that conversation with the space suits?

And Oh yeah, Save Enterprise!

Edited by Captain Ericks

10 - another excellent episode, it is a shame that Talas Died :assimilated: , i noticed the Remans and that ending shocked me.

Sign in to follow this