Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Ossie Davis passes away

He was a superb character actor.

He was excellent in Jungle Fever when he played the "mad preacher" father who kills his own son (Samuel L. Jackson) because he's a drug addict.

My prayers are with Ruby Dee and the rest of his family. He was a wonderful actor who played all kinds of roles and he and his wife were wonderful role models and articulate spokepersons for the many causes they stood for in their private lives.

You could not have said it better. Ossie was such a fine actor and role model for many reasons. He and Ruby Dee had been married for 56 years. Whenever you saw them together, either in character or out; you could see the deep love they held for each other. My prayers are with her..........Ossie's passing is a tremendous loss, in so many aspects. :) :)

My prayers are with Ruby Dee and the rest of his family. He was a wonderful actor who played all kinds of roles and he and his wife were wonderful role models and articulate spokepersons for the many causes they stood for in their private lives.

300581[/snapback]

My condolences to Ossie Davis Family he was indeed a good actor don't know most of his films but one I am aware of was the Film Bubba-Ho Tep another great actor will be missed.