Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

How Much Do You Think The Doctor Weighs?

Wow? did you both manage to miss my post completely?

The Doctor weighs nothing.

The mobile emitter wieghs a few ounces when he uses it.

All of the doctors weight is SIMULATED using Micro-Tractor beams!

Edited by Capt.Vash

Than how would he be able to move objects that are not holomatter if there is no mass?

I'm sorry.

You FAIL.

This thread has been ANSWERED.

DEFINITIVELY.

According to OFFICAL STARTREK KNOWLEDGE the doctor weighs NOTHING, his mobile emitter has some weight.

The End.

See Above Posts For More Info.

The holo-emitter would always weigh the same thing. Let's say it weighs 6 oz. to use a number... It weighs 6 oz. sitting unused on the shelf, and it weighs 6 oz. supported by the Doctor's holo-matrix when enabled.

Here's something to consider: Are his footsteps silent? If so, that would indicate he's merely projected, sort of gliding along, but his feet are simulating walking. He's not really walking, he's just moving or being moved. If his footsteps aren't silent, it could be said he has weight. After all, the idea of the solidity of his hands... solid when he wants them to be... could be applied to his legs as well. Maybe he's "projecting" the weight of Dr. Zimmerman downward so that he makes the proper sound. Though I suppose we could say the computer, e.g. the comm system, is producing the sounds of his footfalls artificially so as not to spook people. But I'm pretty sure when he walks across the room, you can clearly hear his footfalls. I won't debate fictitious technology, but real physics has to say somewhere (I'm no expert) that if you can hear footsteps, X amount of weight is causing it. Of course, if you remember Data could control the length of his hair, presumably the Doctor could silence his footfalls, or simulare a lot more weight than he actually is. If he were to set himself to look like Dr. Zimmerman but have the mass/weight of tritanium his size, he should be able to smash through walls, and step on someone, crushing them.

So I guess my answer, which is more of a guess, is that his weight, as defined by the force the holo-emitters are exerting downward, is a variable controlled by the computer, probably based on Dr. Zimmerman's weight. I won't argue though; this is just how I see it, and I know there are Trek fans out there that know a lot more about the specifics than I do.