Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Happy Birthday Brent Spiner!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

BRENT SPINER

BD7.jpgBD5.jpg

Brent Spiner played the android Lieutenant Commander Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation, and was featured in the four ST: TNG motion pictures "Star Trek Generations," "Star Trek: First Contact", "Star Trek: Insurrection" and "Star Trek Nemesis." The character Data possesses super-strength and an incredible memory. He's virtually an encyclopedia, but only in terms of information, not behavior. Data is totally innocent; however, he does possess a sense of question and wonder that allows him to evolve.

Also on TNG, Trek fans were treated to his wonderful performances as Data's evil* brother, Lore and his creator, Dr. Noonien Soong. The most notable episode featuring the Soong family was season 4's Brothers which featured all three characters together.

BD19.jpgBD21.jpg

Brent Spiner also recently appeared on Star Trek Enterprise as Dr. Arik Soong, an ancestor of Data's creator.

BD14.jpg

Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Spiner moved to New York after college, where he performed in numerous off-Broadway plays. "The play that finally pushed me over into the serious-actor category was a public theater production of 'The Seagull' [Anton Chekhov] for Joseph Papp," he says. Spiner eventually won roles in the Broadway musical productions of "Sunday in the Park with George," "The Three Musketeers" and "Big River," which was based on the story of Huckleberry Finn. Spiner won acclaim for his performance as John Adams in the Broadway production 1776 as well as his portrayal of Hubert in Life X3.

Brent Spiner's many movie and television credits can be found at IMDB. They include:

• the scene stealing Dr. Brackish Okun in Independence Day;
  • the evil Devlin Bowman, the only good thing about Master of Disguise; and
  • Gil Godwyn, the devilish cruise director in Out to Sea.

During the fourth season hiatus of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Spiner co-produced and released his first album. Entitled "Ol' Yellow Eyes is Back," the album features some of the most popular classic standards ever recorded.

biography from startrek.com but updated, edited and added to by Takara**.

BD9.jpgBD10.jpg

*He's NOT evil, he's misunderstood!!

**I know some of you are thinking "Takara, this is the lamest birthday tribute you've ever done and it's for your favourite actor!! What the heck is wrong with you?!" Let me just say that I'm working on something as you read this.

:o :blush 2: so that is what he really looks like :lol: :lol:

i never knew B)

Hppy B/D Brent

He still looks good for his age. :lol:

Edited by Odie

Guest Mike_Hines01

Happy Birthday Brent.

Agree with you there, Odie... but really, a trekkie who doesn't know her own fave character's actor? ??? :lol:

Happy Birthday Brent - you're an awesome actor.

My favorite (non Trek) Brent role was in

Introducing Dorothy Dandridge

as far as "evil" - that performance on L&O:SVU was pretty scary.

299729[/snapback]

That is one of my favorites as well. His performance was great. :lol:

Happy Birthday Mr Brent Spiner and hard to believe that you were on the

Sitcom "Night Court" a few times before hitting it big on TNG Kudos to you.

:lol: :lol: B) :o

....hmmm.... i never know that the episodes are called... but a few episodes he is awesome

Happy Birthday Brent!

*And yeah, definately still looking good at 56. I can agree with you both on that one Odie & TrekkieCara.

And no, Takara I do not think the tribute was lame.

Happy Birthday Brent!

*And yeah, definately still looking good at 56. I can agree with you both on that one Odie & TrekkieCara.

299867[/snapback]

Here's a link to the Video Tribute Subforum which is where the project I've been working on for the past few days is posted.

Unforgettable: A Tribute to the Contributions of Brent Spiner to the Star Trek Universe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

BRENT SPINER

BD7.jpgBD5.jpg

Brent Spiner played the android Lieutenant Commander Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation, and was featured in the four ST: TNG motion pictures "Star Trek Generations," "Star Trek: First Contact", "Star Trek: Insurrection" and "Star Trek Nemesis." The character Data possesses super-strength and an incredible memory. He's virtually an encyclopedia, but only in terms of information, not behavior. Data is totally innocent; however, he does possess a sense of question and wonder that allows him to evolve.

Also on TNG, Trek fans were treated to his wonderful performances as Data's evil* brother, Lore and his creator, Dr. Noonien Soong. The most notably episode featuring the Soong family was season 4's Brothers which featured all three characters together.

BD19.jpgBD21.jpg

Brent Spiner also recently appeared on Star Trek Enterprise as Dr. Arik Soong, an ancestor of Data's creator.

BD14.jpg

Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Spiner moved to New York after college, where he performed in numerous off-Broadway plays. "The play that finally pushed me over into the serious-actor category was a public theater production of 'The Seagull' [Anton Chekhov] for Joseph Papp," he says. Spiner eventually won roles in the Broadway musical productions of "Sunday in the Park with George," "The Three Musketeers" and "Big River," which was based on the story of Huckleberry Finn. Spiner won acclaim for his performance as John Adams in the Broadway production 1776 as well as his portrayal of Hubert in Life X3.

Brent Spiner's many movie and television credits can be found at IMDB. They include:

•  

• the scene stealing Dr. Brackish Okun in Independence Day;

• the evil Devlin Bowman, the only good thing about Master of Disguise; and

• Gil Godwyn, the devilish cruise director in Out to Sea.

During the fourth season hiatus of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Spiner co-produced and released his first album. Entitled "Ol' Yellow Eyes is Back," the album features some of the most popular classic standards ever recorded.

biography from startrek.com but updated, edited and added to by Takara**.

BD9.jpgBD10.jpg

*He's NOT evil, he's misunderstood!!

**I know some of you are thinking "Takara, this is the lamest birthday tribute you've ever done and it's for your favourite actor!! What the heck is wrong with you?!" Let me just say that I'm working on something as you read this.

299643[/snapback]

Great pictures.

And I am about a week late but happy birthday brent.

I got on a differetn mesasge braod somehow and thought it was this one and i was like hay ! where is all the cool stuff and why have my pitifule rate gone down more!!! and where is the batman smiles?!!!!

299729[/snapback]

I loved that movie!!!! "... with my brand new dixie cup!" but it does have irony. he was in a movie that in one part they are making the afican queen a movie that brent said he is saving to watch on his death bed.

Happy Birthday Brent!

299867[/snapback]

56? He is really doing well. oh and ty, btw

:blink: :yahoo:HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. BRENT SPINER!

YOU THE MAN! LIVE LONG & PROSPER!!