Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

Haunting/beautiful love video for T/T'P

Hosshissis from HoT made it and edited it so beautifully. I've been begging someone to put Trip and T'Pol to my favorite song in the entire world--Knights in White Satin--and she had done it masterfully, tastefully, and beautifully. It's movie quality. Paramount could have used this to market. I'm not kidding. It's that good. Better than anything UPN ever came up with, to be certain. Check it out. You can right click and save. :lol:

self aggrandisement the slow shot of him caressing her ears with his fingertips in that infamous first decon scene was mine. :lol: Hoshissis incorporated it into classic form.

Knights in White Satin

Edited by MoulinRouge

This is so beautiful I don't know what to say. I was crying by the end. :lol:

Click For Spoiler
-sighs-

You know.....I didn't think it could get any worse with that show but this has done it. :o Watching that horrible video, I TRIED to forget this is actually from a Star Trek show.

Firstly, it's a great song, pure brilliance and much credit and respect goes to the Moody Blues.

However, that "video" for some reason has just increased my hatred towards ENT and it's creators and although I don't hold any hostility towards fans of THAT show, they do leave me somewhat bemused and in disbelief on occasion. B)

THIS is one of those occasions.

I just can't believe it. :lol:

I really can't. :lol:

After watching that "thing", I'm speechless, I really am.

B)

Gosh, The King, I'm sorry you feel that way. We're all entitled to our opinion. I'm thinking that it took a storyline that wasn't handled in the best way from the beginning and presented it in an extremely classy way. Star Trek was initially about exploring the human condition through outer space allegory. I can't fathom what is so "horrible" about two beings having feelings for each other. How sad that you feel that way. :lol: It's very telling. If you didn't like the editing or the song it would have been more understandable. The first two people to break the human/Vulcan barrier is more than a little applicable to Trek history.

C'est la vie. To each his own. I'm glad you enjoyed it, BakulaBabe. :lol:

The first two people to break the human/Vulcan barrier is more than a little applicable to Trek history.

It's such a shame it had to happen on such a poor show with two dismal characters.

Honestly, the idea of an array of characters so dull as the NX-01 crew being so pivotal in the creation of the United Federation Of Planets is deeply disappointing.

What a missed opportunity :lol:

What does it tell me? Well, that's more a figure of speech, but it tells me you consider science fiction or Trek somehow "sacred" and that it shouldn't be sullied by romance and other assorted sensitive "girly" type things from your point of view. Your reaction wasn't so much objective dislike of the video as much as a hostile reaction to a depiction of romance in Trek.

To each his own.

Click For Spoiler

299242[/snapback]

How can you say you hold no hostility towards fans of Enterprise when you've just ripped to pieces a fan's tribute to the show. Yes it uses footage from the series but it's from a fan perspective not the PTB.

So much for your pledge to give Enterprise a chance when season 4 starts in England.

Edited by Takara_Soong

How can you say you hold no hostility towards fans of Enterprise when you've just ripped to pieces a fan's tribute to the show.

Because if I really had hostility towards ENT fans, I would be attacking them for supporting the show. But I've never done that, therefore I'm not hostile to them. My criticism is more aimed towards Berman, Braga and Paramount for their poor leadership of the franchise and the poor output of recent Trek.

The footage in that tribute were a few examples of that poor direction. That's why I criticised it, but I certainly didn't "rip" anything to pieces.

Nowhere in my post did I critique the technical aspects of the tribute. My comments were aimed at the footage I witnessed.

So much for your pledge to give Enterprise a chance when season 4 starts in England.

When it starts on Sky One in March I will still give it the chance I said I would.

That position hasn't changed.

Edited by The King

Nowhere in my post did I critique the technical aspects of the tribute. My comments were aimed at the footage I witnessed.

When it starts on Sky One in March I will still give it the chance I said I would.

That position hasn't changed.

299250[/snapback]

When you use terms like "watching that horrible video" and "after watching that 'thing'" you can give the impression that you are attacking the fan and her work rather than the footage in the video. It all comes down to semantics. If you had said the "horrible footage" in the first place, it would have been much clearer what you were attacking.

I'm happy you're still planning on giving Enterprise a chance when it starts up again in March. In case you haven't watched it in a while, rest assured, almost all of the footage in that tribute video was not from season 4.

great video..well made and edited very well into sync with the song...how ever...Knights in White Satin.....not really a fitting Love Song....and just too Loud volume.

Ew, that was disgusting :lol: They should get married before jumping into a shower and groping etc. :lol: This is just one of the reasons why I'm not allowed to watch this perverted stuff! Edited by Spockstellaiter

Ew, that was disgusting :lol: They should get married before jumping into a shower and groping etc.  :lol:  This is just one of the reasons why I'm not allowed to watch this perverted stuff!

299296[/snapback]

Your comment leads me to believe this video should not have been posted on this forum. We do have a couple of restricted forums that might have been more appropriate.

I didnt' watch it - I have no desire to do so.

I personally did not find The King's comments offensive. I understand what he is saying. TPTB at UPN wants to appeal to a certain demographic (a demographic not traditionally Trek fans) and they're trying to rewrite Trek to appeal to that demographic. It's no surprise that a lot of long time "Trek Fans" stopped watching. And without the viewers the show will be cancelled.

Sadly, season four has for the most part been outstanding - if it had been like this from the beginning who knows what the ratings would be now.

I'm not offended by what the King said either. He has a right to his opinion. I'm certainly not put off by someone who is of the opinion that the volume is too loud or who doesn't prefer the song. Please make no mistake about that whomever made that comment. I'm not upset about it.

However, I've posted this video in several places because I was so proud of my friend's work and to date this is the only forum where the words "horrible" and "disgusting" were levied. Too people who love each other? That's disgusting? Trek should steer clear? Why? How sad that people find that disgusting.

What has happened to Trek fans? I missed the edict that Trek was supposed to be G rated entertainment. This is PG at best. There is a reason that other science fiction is leaving Trek behind and it isn't only the showing of skin. Trek needs to catch up with the times and in more than superficial ways. John Billingsley was right in that latest inteview of his. ENT didn't go nearly far enough in depicting real human flaws as opposed to cosmetic on the surface flaws.

Perhaps Hoshissis should have cropped the tiny hint of behind, but the girl is English and she's flabbergasted at American responses to certain things. It's just not that way in the UK. I promise you it didn't even occur to her that it would be perceived as digusting. That shower scene shows nothing naughty. She was just trying to put in scenes that relayed the passionate feeling of the music and of the two characters for each other. It was called "the best I've ever seen" elsewhere. "Beautiful," "passionate," "a more classy take on the couple than the show gave them in season three." I did not predict that anyone would find it disgusting. Believe me, I didn't. I'm sorry. I just wanted to share it.

Mods, would you please delete the thread? Obviously it will cause problems. I definitely regret posting it here. This will be my last post in this forum so that I won't cause any more problems.

When you use terms like "watching that horrible video" and "after watching that 'thing'" you can give the impression that you are attacking the fan and her work rather than the footage in the video. It all comes down to semantics. If you had said the "horrible footage" in the first place, it would have been much clearer what you were attacking.

If I was attacking her work, I would have said something like "That had horrible editing", but technically, it was put together quite well. It's just a shame the footage was a disgrace to Star Trek.

I'm happy you're still planning on giving Enterprise a chance when it starts up again in March. In case you haven't watched it in a while, rest assured, almost all of the footage in that tribute video was not from season 4.

The only episodes I missed were two or three from the Xindi Arc season. Other than those, I've seen it all. I am cautiously optimistic for season four, but it doesn't satisfy me, I've had it with this show.

However, I've posted this video in several places because I was so proud of my friend's work and to date this is the only forum where the words "horrible" and "disgusting" were levied. Too people who love each other? That's disgusting? Trek should steer clear? Why? How sad that people find that disgusting.

It's not "love" that people find disgusting. It's simply the gratuitous nature of ENT. Things like T'Pol and Tucker mauling each other in the shower and T'Pol dropping her clothes to show her *** directly at the camera are just pathetic gimmicks designed to appeal to a low brow audience. Star Trek should be dignified and besides, you can see all that crap on so many other shows on TV these days, Star Trek should be a refreshing break from all that sexual stuff.

For example, Picard and Crusher had a building, almost forbidden kind of love, but it was handled with dignity. No gratuitous *** shots needed to be included. The same goes for Kira and Odo which built for years before it finally happened and even then, it ended gracefully.

You see, I think romance on Trek should be presented subtly, they don't need to beat the viewer over the head with it. Restore the dignity of Trek, and they will pull back some of the audience.

Edited by The King

I'm not offended by what the King said either.  He has a right to his opinion.  I'm certainly not put off by someone who is of the opinion that the volume is too loud or who doesn't prefer the song.  Please make no mistake about that whomever made that comment.  I'm not upset about it.

299310[/snapback]

My comments to The King were regarding his choice of words. He claims to have no hostility towards Enterprise fans yet his choice of words indicated otherwise to me. He says he was critisizing the PTB for producing the images used in the video your friend made yet, to some, his words appeared to be attacking your friend and her work. I'm glad you are not upset by his comments.

BTW, I don't want this thread turned into a debate on the quality of Enterprise. That belongs in another thread in another forum.

Edited by Takara_Soong

He claims to have no hostility towards Enterprise fans yet his choice of words indicated otherwise to me.

No "claims", I really don't have any hostility towards them. If I did, it would be very clear.

He says he was critisizing the PTB for producing the images used in the video your friend made

Yeah, I certainly was.

yet, to some, his words appeared to be attacking your friend and her work.

If "some" thought that, then "some" were mistaken.

The work actually was quite proficient. Well put together.

:lol:

Edited by The King

Video is okay. Music is not the best quality. But unlike others it's good chosen.

I'll like to host the video on my website, so if you agree with it.

Let me know

I have a small problem, I have poor screen res (shadows and poor colours and also no volume at all)

THAT WAS THE AWESOMEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN(made by a fan) :) :hug: :) And it was HOT!!!! :P to! I mean, there might have been a little teeny bit to much sexuality, but hey, isnt there in everthing? Anyway, WAY TO GO ON THE AWESOME VID!

Ok...I'm not a fan of "chick flicks" but this video made me even more mad that Enterprise has been cancelled. It was very well done, the person who made this couldnt have picked a better song. The sequencing with certain verses was amazing. :)

I have a few ideas for other videos, but I have no idea how to do it.

I'd like to see B, B and P's reaction to this video.

I raise my glass in hope that the Sci Fi channel or Spike, or even CBS will pick the show up again. Hear?

:blink: My wife and I :yahoo: enjoyed the video very much. She has not been watching the show much lately, but this put the bug in her ear. I have made copies of this great video and put it on a DVD of The New Voyages I am passing around to other Star Trek Fans. They all enjoy the effort and subject of the video. Thank you Hosis for making this video, it has given me ideas for other songs. Thanks again :look::clap:

Was a good tribute to T/T'P and the music was good as was the clips used from other eps of Enterprise well put together.

:yahoo: :blink: :clap::look:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

:yahoo: I found this video to be lovely. As I read some of the previous reviews and, of course, I worried alittle about the *adult* sexual conduct I realized that my fears of maybe seeing a bit too much was unfounded. It was loving, touching, and natural. :blink:

Beautiful video. I respect and applaud the time and expertise required to create this wonderful fan tribute. Well edited and obviously done with love for the characters. I would love to see more of her work. Thank you for sharing this!