Sign in to follow this  
BakulaBabe

Can You See It?

This link is to "Astronomy Picture of the Day", for an inage that looks like lines of jumbled colors, but is supposed to be a picture of something.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap050130.html

I don't know what the proper name is for the image, but I NEVER see the picture that's supposed to be "hidden" in the jumbled colors! There's supposed to be a teapot here. Is this a joke or what?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I've been trying this for several minutes, and I still can't do it! :wallbash: :lol:

I wonder if my astigmatism has anything to do with it?

Edited by BakulaBabe

ARRRGGGHHH! It is one of those pictures! I remember when those things were so popular a few years back. They drove me nuts because I would end up being cross-eyed after a bit of looking at them to try and see the hidden picture! :laugh::look:

i remember going in the opticians and people asked me can i see a big circle out of a board of circles........i could see it.......this picture is nuts wallbash.gif

I don't have good depth perception because I'm a very little far-sighted in my right eye and myopic in my left. I can never see these things.

I guess that explains it for me.. I have always had a bit of a problem with depth perception. But even with finally getting bifocals, I still have problems seeing these pics.

It's called a "Magic Eye" image.

I see the teapot and, right at the base of it, a horizontal like across the entire pic. Below the line space curves away as it moves down.

How To See Magic Eye Pics

Magic Eye of The Week

Magic Eye Homepage

299215[/snapback]

These are really interesting links :laugh: and I've checked them out several times. I still can't see the images, but maybe someday...

I can see SOMETHING in most of them, but I don't think it's what was intended.

I see geometric patterns like lines and such. In some of them I can make out vague outlines of an image, but not the image itself.

I would say try to look past the picture, rather then AT it.

Here is a good way to see it.

Touch your 2 fingers together at the tips, put then RIGHT in front of the screen. Then do odd things with your eyes. You will start to see your fingers split into 2 sets of 2; this is good, keep doing it.

Do that for as long as you can, stop, wait, and do it again, you should see it.