30 members have voted

1. 1. OK ,So who, other than Data is your favorite Soong family member

• Dr. Ira Graves
    • Dr. Noonian Soong
    • Dr. Julianna (O'Donnell-Soong)Tainer
    • B4
    • Lore
    • Lal
    • None, I have no idea who these people are!
    • All(yeah, I know it is the easy way out, but...)
    • More than one(Specify)

After a lot of discussion, I have decided to make a thread....well Takara suggested the thread be a poll, about Other than Data, who is your favorite Soong family member...

Lore and Lal are my favorites...

Lal was such a sweet child, a child who I wished was MY daughter.

And then Lore... :blink: He is just the misunderstood one, but has a sweet side if anyone would ever try to be kind to him(he just has to have a sweet side)

Lore's the man!!! I agree Lessa - VERY yummy!!! In%20Lurve.gif My second choice would be the young Dr. Soong in Birthright!!! inlove.gif

I picked Lal. By the way, the episode Offspring was on TNN last night. I thought last night was the best night on TNN. They had Offspring and Part 1 and 2 of All Good Things.

I picked Lal. By the way, the episode Offspring was on TNN last night. I thought last night was the best night on TNN. They had Offspring and Part 1 and 2 of All Good Things.

Darn, I missed it! Arghh NOT AGAIN!!!

I would have to go with Dr. Noonian Soong... He was a genious, and without him the rest of the family would not have existed.

For me it was a toss up between Lore and Lal but in the end I figure Lore was evil so Lal wins! Also Offspring was one of my favorite episodes.

hmmm im thinking that lore was the coolest..but then again how can u have any of them without Dr. Soong..the creator...

I guess the way i look at it is...who would you like to learn more about or see again. Lal, sadly, we cannot see again and the same for her grandfather.

Lore is one some shelf somewhere and needs the hole in his chest fixed, but he could come back and cause some interesting chaos. That would be fun to see.

Lal, Soong, Graves , Lore. That order.

REASONS:

Lal was a sweet child, and I agree with Yillara on the fact that I want her to e my daughter..."I...love you...father..." *sigh*

Soong was yummy in his younger years...*sigh*

Graves was evil but funny.

Ditto for Lore. And Lore was identical to Data, so yum.

I chose Lore. He was such a complex character. Sure, he was the evil twin... but he was the kind of evil guy you can't help but love. Everyone has their faults, right?

The way I see it, Lore was living in the shadow of his brother. He was the one deactivated and left disassembled. I think he felt a little resentment about that. He wanted to get attention, and what better way to be a bad guy? Nobody ever notices you when you do something good, but turn to wrong doing and everyone notices. He was just misguided. But inside, I think he wanted to be good, he just couldn't help but being bad. In "Brothers," it seemed for a while that he wanted to be good. He was sad that Soong was going to die. And he seemed genuinely concerned. So he had to have a little goodness in his heart.

I am reminded of Caleb from John Steinbeck's East of Eden. If anyone's read it, you know what I'm talking about. Poor Caleb was never noticed because of his twin brother, Aaron. Aaron was the cute one with blond hair and an innocent face. All of his father's love went to Aaron, and Caleb didn't feel any of it. No matter how hard he tried to please his father, he was never noticed. So Caleb did some bad things. But he never wanted to do those things. Inside he wanted to be good, he just had a hard time following through.

So, that's why I chose Lore. My second choice would be Lal. She was just so curious about the world around her, always wanting to know and discover. I love that attitude.

By the way, the episode Offspring was on TNN last night. I thought last night was the best night on TNN. They had Offspring and Part 1 and 2 of All Good Things.

It was a good night. I sat through and watched it all. That's good television right there!

I chose Lore.  He was such a complex character.  Sure, he was the evil twin... but he was the kind of evil guy you can't help but love.  Everyone has their faults, right?

The way I see it, Lore was living in the shadow of his brother.  He was the one deactivated and left disassembled.  I think he felt a little resentment about that.  He wanted to get attention, and what better way to be a bad guy?  Nobody ever notices you when you do something good, but turn to wrong doing and everyone notices.  He was just misguided.  But inside, I think he wanted to be good, he just couldn't help but being bad.  In "Brothers," it seemed for a while that he wanted to be good.  He was sad that Soong was going to die.  And he seemed genuinely concerned.  So he had to have a little goodness in his heart.

I am reminded of Caleb from John Steinbeck's East of Eden.  If anyone's read it, you know what I'm talking about.  Poor Caleb was never noticed because of his twin brother, Aaron.  Aaron was the cute one with blond hair and an innocent face.  All of his father's love went to Aaron, and Caleb didn't feel any of it.  No matter how hard he tried to please his father, he was never noticed.  So Caleb did some bad things.  But he never wanted to do those things.  Inside he wanted to be good, he just had a hard time following through.

So, that's why I chose Lore.  My second choice would be Lal.  She was just so curious about the world around her, always wanting to know and discover.  I love that attitude.

By the way, the episode Offspring was on TNN last night. I thought last night was the best night on TNN. They had Offspring and Part 1 and 2 of All Good Things.

It was a good night. I sat through and watched it all. That's good television right there!

So, you agree with us sisters(Lessa, Takara and myself)...Lore is not evil, just misunderstood.

Other than Data being my favorite Soong family member, I would have to say his daughter Lal. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :P

:P

I said more than one, and because most people would say Lore I went with Dr. Soong and Julianna Tainer. I mean they were great loving parents and even though juliana can be embarrassing, one could learn alot from them. For instence, that discussion with Data and Soong in "Brothers" about what life is and what choices Data made and the final dream sequence in Birthright I was great development for both Data and Soong. With Juliana, she was just funny.

Stardate:213422.9

I voted for Lore because if the crew would not have found him they may have never found out about the emotion chip.and once data got the emotion chip he became that much closer to being more like humans.That is if he would of stayed alive B)

Why,this is easy....

The lovely Soong women right here at startrekfans.net!

:clap:

Takara,Yillara,and Leesa....hope I spelled your names right!

Admiral PeeWee

:dude: