Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Super Bowl

Who do you want to win ?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win ?

• Eagles
    • Patriots

I'm sure this poll will be extremely one sided but it will be interesting for me to see how many Pats fans are here..

Vote away.. :spock:

Igles. Sorry, Spacetigger, but even though I am FROM New England, I have no love for the Pats, and it would cause me much dispair to see Tom Brady win another MVP award. (Especially since Vinetari won the last couple)

In this game I like the role of the underdog. Since the Eagles haven't played the Pats for about 18 months I don't really know what to expect.

I see some possibilities for the Eagles to exploit the Pats secondary especially if TO can come back and be close to 100%. That's a big If though. It's going to be a game determined by the offensive and defensive lines though. If the Pats can't get pressure on Donovan McNabb and give him time to find an open receiver he can make things happen. If they are well covered down field and the middle is open you may see Donovan running to soften up the secondary.

However, if the Pats can pressure McNabb into making quick throws and can stop Westbrook and TO isn't up to par it could be a long day for the Eagles.

Right now I think the Pats are 7 point favorites, I'd like to see that go to 10 which would be a big slap in the face to the Eagles Defense and inspire them even more.

Regardless of the outcome it's been an awesome season for me as an Eagles fan and things should continue to roll next season as well since the Eagles expect 19 of their 22 starters to return and they have a boatload of draft picks (including the #3 pick of the second round from Miami via a trade for AJ Feeley an Kansas City's 3rd round pick via a trade for John Welbourn) Not to mention the compensatory picks the Eagles will pick up for some free agent losses last season. And the fact that the Eagles are about $15 million under the cap right now.

I see no reason why the Eagles won't host a 4th straight Championship (their 5th in 5 years) next season. They haven't won the Rings but the Eagles are the closest thing to a Dynasty that you can get without the Rings. And they have the winningest coach of this century in Andy Ried.

I'd like to see the Eagles win their first Super Bowl. However, I don't think it will be this year. The Pats look pretty dominating. Brady hasn't lost a post season game yet. But then the Red Sox weren't supposed to win, either. So maybe the T.O. -less Eagles can pullout an upset . It ought to be an exciting game, eitherway. B)

Edited by jaz4debo

I want New England to win, because the rumour going around right now here is that the people who own that team may be buying my FA Premiership football team, Liverpool FC.

B)

Edited by The King

We need more votes.. :lol: I must say that I am surprised by the results so far. I thought there was way more Eagles fans here..

I don't think there's a whole lot of Football fans here, I think I'm the only Eagles fan. I too am surprised though, I'd have expected more people to go with the Pats simply because that's who the media is going with.

Good Luck to both the Patriots and the Eagles today. I hope both teams play well, no one gets hurt and that we have a very entertaining game no matter the outcome..

I hope all you football fans enjoy the game.. :clap:

I don't think there's a whole lot of Football fans here, I think I'm the only Eagles fan. I too am surprised though, I'd have expected more people to go with the Pats simply because that's who the media is going with.

299662[/snapback]

Actually, I think Data is a fan of the Eagles.. I do not know how much of a fan, but he has mentioned cheering them on.

Me I am a football fan, but not so much of the teams who are playing here tonight. But If I had to choose, I will pick the team I like more and that is Philly.

Dear Owners of the New England Patriots

Congratulations on winning another SuperBowl.

Now please....buy Liverpool FC:

The Reds

Give us lots of money, build us a new stadium, and let us buy some awesome players and become league champions for a record extending 19th time.

Thanks.

His Royal Highness The King :clap::pinch:

It was a good game SpaceTigger, a little better clock management by the Eagles in that last drive and the outcome may have been different. You can't just waste 3 minutes and expect to win.

I expect Super Bowl XL to be a re-match.

I'll still be making the game into a DVD, I'll just be advertising it on the wrong website now. :clap:

It was a real good game VBG..I was very surprised by the Eagles clock management in the 4th quarter..And TO surprised me..He had a great game..

The Eagles will be there again next year I'm sure..

It was a real good game VBG..I was very surprised by the Eagles clock management in the 4th quarter..And TO surprised me..He had a great game..

The Eagles will be there again next year I'm sure..

301267[/snapback]

If the Eagles had won T.O. would have been MVP for sure.

Guest Ktrek

Well, another Super Bowl come and gone. Was a great defensive game but not well played offensively by either team. This game could have gone either way but I agree that the Eagle's clock management in the fourth quarter was awful. What were they thinking? :clap: However, I'm glad the Pats sqeaked by. Now I'm looking forward to next year so the Cowboys can show everyone how the game is really played! :pinch:

Kevin

Hey, King, Name one sporting event that gets higher world wide ratings than the Superbowl (I.E. an estimated 1 BILLION viewers)? besides, who else in the world has an American-style football team that can challenge the Patriots?

I am just glad Brady didn't get ANOTHER MVP.

Hey, King, Name one sporting event that gets higher world wide ratings than the Superbowl (I.E. an estimated 1 BILLION viewers)? besides, who else in the world has an American-style football team that can challenge the Patriots?

I am just glad Brady didn't get ANOTHER MVP.

301300[/snapback]

Okay Jim, World Cup soccer.

Out-of-home viewing contributed to the 2002 FIFA World Cup™ Final being the most viewed match in FIFA World Cup™ history, with 1.1 billion individuals watching this game.

Who else in the world plays American-style football? If there were other countries your teams competed against then calling them world champions would be appropriate.

Hey, King, Name one sporting event that gets higher world wide ratings than the Superbowl (I.E. an estimated 1 BILLION viewers)?
Click For Spoiler
The World Cup. It is held, I believe every 4 years.
Edited by Odie

I'll go with them being world champs in American Football

301332[/snapback]

Very well put, Angelic. :clap:

Thank you. *licks finger and does a little no 1 move, then does a jig around room.*