Sign in to follow this  
BlueCrystal

Anyone else watching the Fla. v Smallridge

I'm a bit of tha Court Tv junkie, I got hooked years ago with the O.J. trial. Anyway I watched some of the State of Florida versus Eric Smallridge trial and just can't understand how someone that just killed two young women could care more about the damage to his jeep. :spock:http://www.courttv.com/trials/taped/smallr...background.html Edited by BlueCrystal

I'm a bit of tha Court Tv junkie, I got hooked years ago with the O.J. trial.  Anyway I watched some of the State of Florida versus Eric Smallridge trial and just can't understand how someone that just killed two young women could care more about the damage to his jeep. :spock:http://www.courttv.com/trials/taped/smallr...background.html

298103[/snapback]

I just read the info at the link you provided. His whole defense, IMO, was ludicrous. I realize his lawyers have to come up with something but they would have been better off trying to get their client to take a plea.

:yahoo: I feel the need to apologize for my comment about Eric Smallridge caring more for his jeep then human lives. I was recently contacted by a member of his family and was told that he (Eric) was not aware at the time that he had caused an accident that it killed two people. I am deeply sorry for anything that I said that may have hurt Eric or members of his family. The pain that was suffered by the loss of the lives of these two young women is unmeasured to the pain this young man is suffering. He received the sentence of 11 years for each of the deaths and will have to live with the guilt of a mistake he made in his youth the rest of his life. Eric Smallridge and family, I am very very sorry for the pain I've cause you by my post. Crystal

:yahoo: I feel the need to apologize for my comment about Eric Smallridge caring more for his jeep then human lives.  I was recently contacted by a member of his family and was told that he (Eric) was not aware at the time that he had caused an accident that it killed two people.  I am deeply sorry for anything that I said that may have hurt Eric or members of his family.  The pain that was suffered by the loss of the lives of these two young women is unmeasured to the pain this young man is suffering.  He received the sentence of 11 years for each of the deaths and will have to live with the guilt of a mistake he made in his youth the rest of his life.  Eric Smallridge and family, I am very very sorry for the pain I've cause you by my post. Crystal

308630[/snapback]

I received a email from someone as well however I stand by my comments. He had a blood alcohol level of .20 (the legal limit in Florida is .08) and tries to claim that alcohol played no part in the accident. Bull!! He shouldn't have been driving period! He chose to drive drunk and, in a court of law, he was found to be responsible for the accident that occurred.

While I feel sorry for his family, I do not feel sorry for him. I feel for the families and friends of the two young women who were killed as a result of his actions. My words may sound harsh to some. Perhaps when you or someone you know has lost a loved one because of the actions of a drunk driver you will feel the same as I do. In my case, the brother of a friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver. At the time of his death, he was married with a young child. The driver was unhurt.

I have no pity for anyone who chooses to get behind the wheel drunk.

I have no pity for anyone who chooses to get behind the wheel drunk.

I agree. Selfish and disgraceful people.

No regard for anyone except themselves.

They should be severely punished.

I had two neighborhood friends killed while I was at Uni and they were in high school.

The man driving the car was three times the legal drinking limit, and the car they were in was so smashed, that by the time the police got to them, they thought there were multiple people in the car, not two.

The man who killed them was driving the wrong way on an expressway and had not a scratch on him AND had been arrested for driving while intoxicated twice before.

Completely obliterated the lives of those young men and their families.

He didn't know he killed those two girls most likely because he was drunk.

I'm sorry, but if you drink than drive, you're an idiot.

You deserve what ever you get, and you can never replace a human life. Never.

Any person who gets behined the wheel drunk and is caught having accidentally killed (To me it feels like murder, but there you go) any sentancing is utterly deserved. The person that gets behind a weel drunk is utterly without social conscience in my honest opinion ans hould NEVER EVER be allowed behind a wheel EVER again.