Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Trek XI News

Be curious what type of trek it may be?? ("Trek XI")

--------------------------------------------------------------

far as storyline and Cast??

:P :) :P :)

This is a recent article from treknation:

Berman: Trek XI To Be Bigger & Better Than Ever

Additionally, I have also noted on the IMDB page for the Untitled Star Trek Prequel it is listed as coming out in 2007 (instead of 2006) and the director is Cliff Bole (who has directed several Star Trek episodes).

297241[/snapback]

:P EXCELLENT!

Be curious what type of trek it may be?? ("Trek XI")

--------------------------------------------------------------

far as storyline and Cast??

:)  :)  :P  :hug:

297354[/snapback]

Rick Berman says (I forget where) it will be a prequel to TOS (but not associated with ENT) with an all new cast.

I'm not celebrating yet until I hear the story line. If Star Trek X was the exception to the even rule, imagine XI.... :)

I doubt any new Trek movie will be forthcoming for the forseeable future.

If Berman said he's going to get a grand budget to make his latest folly, then the man is clearly suffering from delusions. There's no way Paramount would risk that.

I doubt any new Trek movie will be forthcoming for the forseeable future.

If Berman said he's going to get a grand budget to make his latest folly, then the man is clearly suffering from delusions. There's no way Paramount would risk that.

300580[/snapback]

I'm afraid I have to agree.

prequels arent that great people! Look @ StarWars ahhhh!

seriously I would like to see the death of Picard to finally put an end to the TNG Movies

i think that you all that think that TNG should not have another movie are wrong i want to see the transition of When William T Riker moves to the titan and where the enterprise ends up. i think that you all are equaly right too that a new genaration needs to begen in the movies. maybe a movie about Klingons and there adventures or just a new fedaration star ship to become grater or equal to the enterprise. but a prequal would be bad maybe a movie with flash bacs but not an all out prequal this is star trek not starwars....

by the way to the guy that said picard should die, dude your are like so out of line he made the show great and gave the movies and show something to appreciate :naughty: the borg rule :laugh:

I agree with ya Spike, I would much rather see a DS9 or Voyager movie but the chances of that are pretty slim really. It may be a Trek movie with new characters or no movie at all..It may be interesting to start all over with new characters..If it's done well..I'll feel better when I hear something 'official' about the next movie. We may be a long time away from a new Trek movie..

Rick Berman talks about the new movie every month in the Star Trek Communicator. Thats about as official as it gets.

Rick Berman talks about the new movie every month in the Star Trek Communicator. Thats about as official as it gets.

Yes I know. But all he ever talks about is that the movie is in the very early stages of writing. That doesn't sound too promising to me.

Thats true. But he DOES talk about what the movie will generally be about which is that it will take place between Enterprise and TOS and will feature a whole new crew and ship. That part seems to be what people are wondering about on this thread. Whether the movie actually gets made or not is still up in the air.

Im getting fed up with prequals to be honest. Batman Begins, Star Wars I-III, Enterprise, Red Gragon, etc etc. There's an endless future ahead to build on...

Im getting fed up with prequals to be honest. Batman Begins, Star Wars I-III, Enterprise, Red Gragon, etc etc. There's an endless future ahead to build on...

325740[/snapback]

Something I always liked about the TCW was the chance to leave its resolution to the future. I mean they could have left it an open arc at ENT & done a movie based at the far end of the timeline (perhaps with Riker and the Titan) whereas the TCW is uncovered and the initiators of it caught & defeated. In that way ENT would not only have served as prequel to TOS it also could planted seeds for more stories down the road.

I'm definatly taking this with a grain of salt. With everything Paramount is doing now I don't think Berman or Braga are going to be leading the Trek charge for a while. From everything I've seen it looks more like they will be distancing themselves from Trek for a while.

I am sure XI won't involve Enterprise. From what I've seen some people believed this to be the natural progression (Bakula) while others seemed to never even consider that. I also don't think Enterprise was popular enough to make Paramount comfortable with a theatrical release.

TNG is still a possibility. Spiner seems to want to distance himself from Data, because his age is beginning to show. However, outside of him the rest of the cast seems ok with showing up for these movies. I get the impression that much of the cast is not exactly excited about these roles, but they do seem to show up. There is the issue with Troi and Riker on another ship, but that's easy to get around (Undiscovered Country).

I'd love to see a movie based on DS9, but that seems difficult from both the casting standpoint as well as writing. I just don't see that happening.

As much as it might upset people I do pray they don't try a Voyager movie. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of that series.

I also hope they don't do a prequel. I think it's time to consider getting back into the 24th Century. They should look for a cast of relatively unknowns and try to keep the budget under control. If they can focus on the writing they can make fans happy and they don't need a wild special effects show to put people in the theaters. People want to see a good Trek story, not special effects.

Ah well, we'll see.....