Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Your profession

I was interested to find out what different member's professions were on this site so here we are. What is your profession?

I am currently a student and soon to be lawyer. I have also worked in the media industry as a reporter.

I own a distributing company and employ about 80 people. We distribute newspapers and magazines to stores and such. I also teach karate part-time

I've been a legal secretary for about 7 years now.

Some advice for you TM. There are two types of lawyers - ones that recognize the importance and contributions of their secretaries and ones who think they are better than their secretaries because they have initials after their name. A secretary can save your butt more times than you can count if you treat him/her well.

I am a Quartermaster First Class in the US Navy. QMs stand watch as assistants to officers of the deck and the navigator; serve as helmsman and perform ship control, navigation and bridge watch duties. QMs procure, correct, use and stow navigational and oceanographic publications and oceanographic charts. They maintain navigational instruments and keep correct navigational time; render "honors and ceremonies" in accordance with national observance and foreign customs; send and receive visual messages; and serve as petty officers in charge of tugs, self-propelled barges and other yard and district craft.

I'm a technician in a production area of a robotics company..It sound a lot cooler than it actually is..Most days it's pretty boring...I've been at this company for 10 years and I've been working in electronics companies for 25 years..

i was a hairstylist, and a durn good one, too, until an impromptu dive off a speaker in a disco... :laugh:

one new right wrist later, i am in my second year of undergrad studies (pre-law, mmm, constitution...) - i major in Aboriginal Studies, and minor in Sociology and French as a Second Language...

may i just say that i LUV butt-savers? :blink:

Edited by joeybear

I've been a legal secretary for about 7 years now.

Some advice for you TM. There are two types of lawyers - ones that recognize the importance and contributions of their secretaries and ones who think they are better than their secretaries because they have initials after their name. A secretary can save your butt more times than you can count if you treat him/her well.

296796[/snapback]

I'll bare that in mind. I know that most of the secretaries who work for the solicitors I know are very knowledgeable and often save a lot of time.

I was a gymnastics instructor/choreographer for 5 years. Until a traumatic injury left me partially but, permanently disabled.

I was out of work completely for a year as I was seeking medical treatments and therapy for my bad arm(I also have a medical condition that was caused by the injury as well).

So I am now working in the fast food industry, with my mom, sister and a very good friend of mine(whom I met when he began working there not too long after I began). This helps definately in paying bills and helping me continue in school

I graduated from college with an AA in 2000, to transfer to university. But illness made it so I had to withdraw in 2002. I am now back at school getting an AS in Chemical Technologies. And finishing a BS in Interdisciplinary Studies(Chem, Bio and Physics). I hope to do research and development. I highly enjoy working in laboratories!

I'm a student, currently in my second year, going for a degree in teaching and hope to teach high school history one day. I'm also employed in the maintenance department in my college, and also am an office assistant at the college too, where I mostly just input data. And actually, today I just quit my one job in the fast food industry, because I got the office assistant job that I mentioned.

I will be a student for at least seven and one half more years (halfway through ninth grade right now) but I am also an author. I am nearly halfway through writing my first book and hope to get it published someday. After school I am also considering being a lawyer or a computer programmer.

For 23 years I was a psychotherapist. Presently I am a mental health continuing education director, and an instructor in the department of psychiatry at a local medical school.

I'm a Disc Jockey at an oldies radio station. I'm on the air from 3:00pm to 7pm monday thru saturady.

you can check out our website at www.1025theshark.com

I'm an audio production engineer, (a ten dollar phrase for recording engineer) and producer for a broadcast post production house specializing in audio for radio and tv. I've also taught audio production and recording techniques, as well as managing the house theater at a techinical college for three years. I've been doing this now for well over 27 years and it never gets boring and it sure beats office or factory work. I was also, at one time, a radio personality (dj) in my earlier days before realizing that there is no job security in radio and left for the happier confines of a control room.

Edited by xenexian

Presently, I am a Naval Officer, my specialty is Combat Systems, perticularly Gunnery. That's right, I deal with Big Guns. (the 125mm ones) though I am in an office job at Great Lakes right now. in March, I'll be a Reserve Officer, doing 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a year. In August I'll be a full time teacher, teaching US History and US Government on the High School Level. (Juniors and Seniors is who I'll be teaching) and I also coach Football.

Right now I'm in my second yr at university, and I plan to get my Master's degree. I haven't decided whether or not I'm interested in a Doctorate.

Suffice to say, I'm a professional student right now. :P

Student.

I already have a Degree in Humanities and Social Studies with an expertise in Politics.

Currently waiting to start a Masters Degree in Politics.

(when I get the supervisor's go-ahead to officially start, which is taking a long time :P)

Right now I'm in my second yr at university, and I plan to get my Master's degree. I haven't decided whether or not I'm interested in a Doctorate.

Suffice to say, I'm a professional student right now. :P

297318[/snapback]

LOL!!

My former and current coworkers, along with several members of my family think I am going to be in school for the rest of my life.

I mean, I went straight from HS, into my second year of college(I was dual enrolled in college in my junior & senior year of HS). Then got my AA in 2000. Took a break in 2002. And I am back finishing 2 degrees (AS & BS). I hope to go for PhD one day down the road :) :P Provided there are not many more bumps in said road, that is.

I'm a first-year Business Administration student at Wilfrid Laurier Univeristy in Waterloo, Ontario (though I still live in Cambridge).

2004 Yates Cup Champs (Ontario Football)! Go Golden Hawks!

I have no other employment.

I work as a project manager for a set of wind tunnels, covering jobs in the motor racing, wind engineering (buildings) and aerospace industrial sectors.