Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Bizarre Little Connection to Ghostbusters II

Okay, so maybe I'm reading too much into something, as I often do, but I just noticed a bizarre little connection between Ghostbusters II and Zero Hour (ENT).

In GB2, Peter Venkman (Bill Murray) hosts TV showed called World of The Psychic and on the particular episode they show being filmed they are discussing predictions about the end of the world. One of the psychics says she was told by an alien that the world would end on February 14, 2016.

By now you're thinking to yourself, "what the heck is Jack talking about?" Well, I'll tell you.

Zero Hour is the ep when the Xindi would have attacked Earth with their weapon. The date of this episode? February 14, 2154.

Okay, so there's a discrepancy of 138 years, but the day is the same.

I just thought it was bizarre that this date turned up twice as the potenial end of the world.

Well, if the end of the world did indeed come on Valentine's day, at least many people would be thinking warm thoughts right before the end came. ;)

Always blame it on Valentine's Day, the year doesn't matter just that it's Valentine's Day. Every year on as that day approaches I pray for a hard cold icy rain in the evening. Not to ruin anyone's plans but to remind me of the evening I ran off and married my husband. If the world was torned apart on February 14th 138 years from now so be it! My world and the love of my life took me as his wife that day in 1989. :spock:

I'd guess the fact that the 14th is a recognizable day means it's probably more likely to get picked when people are coming up with dates.

Some people recognize Feb 14th as Arizona statehood day. are either or the writer's from Arizona?

I thought the end of the world in GB2 was going to happen sooner than thataccording to his prediction cos do u remember Venkman saying the psychic wasnt leaving much time for sales of his book...

That was the male psychic - the female one who met her alien in a hotel in Paramis predicted "Valentine's Day -- Bummer." (Well, that's Venkman's reaction, anyway.)