Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Little Touches You Would Like To See

So many of us loved the reference by Arik Soong to cybernetics at the end of The Augments. Can you think of any subtle touches that you would like to see on Enterprise that would, in a way, pay homage to the other series?

I would love to see Archer sit down for a formal dinner where Chateau Picard is the wine being served. We know from TNG that the Picard family have been making fine wine for generations so it is conceivable that it was around in Enterprise's time.

It would be very spooky in my opinion if there was a brief reference to Section 31...

296228[/snapback]

From some of the things I've read about an upcoming episode this season that is possible.

It would be very spooky in my opinion if there was a brief reference to Section 31...

296228[/snapback]

From some of the things I've read about an upcoming episode this season that is possible.

296291[/snapback]

See, told you I was psychic ;)

I always thought a Crewman named Stiles would be appropriate during any potential Romulan War eps, since Stiles in Balance of Terror (TOS) mentions that several of his ancestors died during the Romulan War.

I recall in an interview that Manny Coto did where he indicated that there would be more episodes in our solar system in the future. How about a reference to someone named Paris when the Mars colony is mentioned. I didn't watch Voyager a lot but didn't he say in one episode that he had ancestors who were there.

To just echo suggestions already made, I would be happy to see anything about history of families that eventually produced future Enterprise crews. For instance Geordi's mother was a captain....was she the first in her family to get into space, or was there a ancestor in Archer's generation that was on a space station or colony? We know, for example, that Picard was the first of his clan to go to space.

Anything about families that could be suggested in a casual conversation, or somehow included, even if it was not alluded to in those series, would be interesting.

And I still wish they had done something more with Travis being a space boomer in the first or second season of Star Trek. After season three, he no longer had a unique perspective to contribute...the entire crew became seasoned space veterans now.

To just echo suggestions already made, I would be happy to see anything about history of families that eventually produced future Enterprise crews.  For instance Geordi's mother was a captain....was she the first in her family to get into space, or was there a ancestor in Archer's generation that was on a space station or colony? We know, for example, that Picard was the first of his clan to go to space.

Anything about families that could be suggested in a casual conversation, or somehow included, even if it was not alluded to in those series, would be interesting.

And I still wish they had done something more with Travis being a space boomer in the first or second season of Star Trek. After season three, he no longer had a unique perspective to contribute...the entire crew became seasoned space veterans now.

296461[/snapback]

I completely agree, mj. I love hearing the family stuff in particular. TNG was very good about that and their "family" episodes were some of the most memorable.

They really blew a golden opportunity by not using Travis's experience more in the first two seasons. It's a shame.