Sign in to follow this  
BlueCrystal

True Confessions

Come on fess up. What did you get away with years ago?

I have to confess that many years ago, while in school, I wrote a book report on a non-existant book and I got a 'C' on it because the teacher said I copied too much about the book from it's preface. :waaaa: I feel a lot better now.

Edited by BlueCrystal

I was quite well-known for fictionalizing entire reports for my history class in 8th grade. I never got less than a B because the teacher appreciated my creativity! B)

Beyond that, I don't think I care to admit the kinds of things I used to get away with. :waaaa:

Back in sixth grade, everyone loved writing on the boards. (Come to think of it, even now in high school everyone still does). I was writing something or other and this boy Patrick kept erasing it, just to be mean. I started writing way up high on the top of the board and he got a high stool and stood on it. By now thoroughly infuriated, I shoved Patrick off the stool, not realizing two of the stricted teachers were standing in the doorway. I got away with it by lying and saying I had only meant to block him from erasing my things, and I supposed I put my hands out a bit too far. The teachers were suspicious, but let it pass because I have always been known in school as a good, honest student. Good thing they cannot read minds... ;)

wow, i honestly can't think of a damnable thing either i am a puritan, or I am forgetting past misdeeds.

When I was about 10, and Emil was about 8(maybe younger, I do not remember). Our mom had set up a sprinkler to create some icicles, since there was a hard freeze warning that night. Well, we had turned the other hose on... but did not notice that it fell over, and was hitting our mom's car. Next day, when it was time to take us to school she could not get any of the doors open. The car was covered in a heavier layer of ice than usual and the doors were frozen shut.

After stuttering for a while, since we thought we were going to be in so very much trouble, we admitted to turning on the other hose. But that the sprinkler had fallen over and was hitting the car instead of the string we had tied. Since it was an accident, she did not have too much of a problem... but we did have to help try and get the ice off the car.

True, at first it was hard for her to believe it was accidental... because Emil and I were pretty much dying of laughter at the sight.

Another one, that happened a year or two ago. Our family band was playing an Oktoberfest at this one place(that had a carnival going at the same time) Well, during one of the breaks my dad had gone off to get food or something(he is the band leader)... my mom and I decide we needed to prank him. And my mom asked my brother and I to act like she had gone to get something from a food booth or go to the restroom or something. When all actualities, she moved his van and hid it in another part of the venue. LOL!!!!! He panicked about his car possibly being stolen. He finally figured it out, because even some of the people who were listening to us play music knew what was going on(and were laughing their backsides off!

Edited by Yillara_Soong

once, i was at the movies with my girlfriend (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...) and my best friend; i think we were seeing Harley Davidson and the Malboro Man - well, the movie was terrible, my best friend was flirting with my girlfriend, and i was peeved - so i went to the bathroom to have a smoke...

whilst there, i noticed the utility closet was open, so ilooked inside - toilet paper and garbage bags, WOW - i inadvertantly (on purpose? hmm...) flicked my butt (cigarette, that is...) into a large box of 'charmin' - the smoke started, and i ran...

well, back in the cinema, the lovebirds were still on course, but the movie wasn't - the theatre started to fill with smoke, and an announcement came over the speakers, informing that there was a 'small' fire, and the cinema ws being evacuated...

did i ever sweat, but out of nearly 600 patrons, who woulda known it was my faux pas - i got my money back, got the girl back (who knew?), and never got caught...

BTW, the cinema was fine...

sheesh, that looks a lot worse on screen than i remember... :laugh:

Come on fess up.  What did you get away with years ago?

I have to confess that many years ago, while in school, I wrote a book report on a non-existant book and I got a 'C' on it because the teacher said I copied too much about the book from it's preface.  :blink: I feel a lot better now.

296078[/snapback]

I was quite well-known for fictionalizing entire reports for my history class in 8th grade. I never got less than a B because the teacher appreciated my creativity!  :laugh:

Beyond that, I don't think I care to admit the kinds of things I used to get away with.  :o

296088[/snapback]

Believe it or not I know of worse. One day the chair of my college department was telling us about a past student of his who got an A on his term paper by plagirizing from the textbook this instructor wrote himself!! Talk about balls!

As for my own story, one time in High School I turned the same basic paper in for three different classes - government, history, and current events. One of my instructors knew full well I was doing it too. :o

When I was a little kid, I went to the Recreation Center down the street from us. They had a soda machine. I managed to reach my arm up through the dispensing slot and grab a soda without paying for it. That bugged me for a long time and 15 years later, I returned the money.