Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

TNG The Animated Series

What do you think of this? If it were so, what would you have in it? Enterprise D or E? A new character?

I would have the Enterprise D with that uniform as I think it would look better on animation. Barclay, O'Brien and other exra's would also feature more prominently. A half hour show with a little voyage every week. I think, all criticisms aside, that it would be fun and easy to make.

At this point I don't think making an animated TNG would be a good idea. However back in the day before they had made 3-post TNG series wishing that they would have.

But it doesnt necessarily have to tie in with the other series. It could be sort of taking us back to season4/5 time. Voyages we never saw: no explanations or over complication.

I think a better idea then making a animated TNG series might be to actually make a cartoon based around a completly new set of characters. I really do think that a new animated Star Trek would be awesome (as long as it wasn't TNG) but I have absolutly no idea how they would/could market it. As awesome as it might be I have a strong feeling that it would flop.

I don't know...I guess It would be cool animated, I still haven't seent he animated Tos, so I don't know how it would turn out. I think it would be better if it was a new cast though. I think it would take away from the real TNG. Was the TOS animated series good? Because I've never seen it, its hard to know imagine an animated star trek..

A few years ago an animated TNG would have been great but now I'm not sure that it would be well received. :rolleyes:

What do you think of this? If it were so, what would you have in it? Enterprise D or E? A new character?

I would have the Enterprise D with that uniform as I think it would look better on animation. Barclay, O'Brien and other exra's would also feature more prominently. A half hour show with a little voyage every week. I think, all criticisms aside, that it would be fun and easy to make.

Depends. If it were a CGI series, and only intended to last a season or two, then I say go for it! If you're talking about an ongoing cartoon series... nice idea, but I wouldn't watch. :rolleyes:

I think a better idea then making a animated TNG series might be to actually make a cartoon based around a completly new set of characters. I really do think that a new animated Star Trek would be awesome (as long as it wasn't TNG) but I have absolutly no idea how they would/could market it. As awesome as it might be I have a strong feeling that it would flop.

I think a new set of characters on a different ship is a nice idea.

An animated Trek series would be great. They could put it on some Saturday morning cartoon program or something. I'm not saying that it has to be geared towards kids, but it'd be nice if it was during a block of kid's programming. Have you seen any of these cartoons kids watch these days? It's amazing. No wonder society is going downhill. It's all because of what kids watch on TV. I think a Star Trek series for them would really bring attention to science while at the same time providing action, adventure, and comedy. It might get them more interested in school and the intellectual. Maybe they'd get interested in other Trek series and spawn a whole new generation of fans. I don't think they'd have a problem marketing it. Kids will watch anything.

This is an interesting idea, I'd enjoy seeing it. Maybe start in Season 1 and do some shows we didn't see. Start on the Stargazer maybe or just before Picard comes to the Enterprise. Show us things we might have seen if they had made the episodes.

Absolutely! And for EVERY series as well. All the regular cast members could be there without breaking the bank and another bundle of cash could be saved on production costs without compromising quality while at the same time doing things that we'd never see with live action. All GOOD novels could be canonized in this way.

Wonderful idea! :eek:

I'd love to see that! A TNG animated series... I'd definitely watch it (if it would be on TV here as well, of course :dude: ) !

Where can I sign a petition for that? :lol: :eek:

Mrs. Captain Picard

tng animated would be the coolest thing.......though some characters would look funny animated lol......I would still watch it.... :borgqueen:

I thought of this when I sas TOS animated series. I would love to see those characters animated. I think the company that does the new MOTU toon should get the job. Either that or the guys who animated the Cowboy Bebop anime.

I agree that the new frontier books would be great cartoons as I think some of the sfx would be hard if you did it live action but I would love to see it on the screen anyway I can get it.

At this point I don't think making an animated TNG would be a good idea. However back in the day before they had made 3-post TNG series wishing that they would have.

Actually I think TNG would work as an anime.

I also think an animated spinoff series starring Data would have worked! He's popular enough to have his own following. Something like that would have been very successful!:)

there's a Star Trek manga in development. I don't know sounds a like a mismatch to me.

I dunno. Anime has a lot of big ships, androids, and exotic creatures. I think a manga would work! Is it TNG or regular trek?

It would be an interesting idea. I really believe the New Fronter Series very insteresting to watch since not many people outside of Star Trek knows about them. :)