• He's ok...
    • I don't really care.
    • He's not that good...
    • He's pretty bad.
    • I despise that creature.

Yes. Yes I have.

Go here:

www.geocities.com/wilwheatonisgod

It's a good site full of Wesley-licious fun!

I like Wesley. He wasn't my favorite character, but aside from season 1 I enjoyed his character. The older he got, the more interesting and less annoying he was. I would have liked to have seen him in some DS9 or Voyager episodes... but alas, that did not happen.

Like Naomi Wildman on Voyager, I thought Wesley brought some interesting issues into the plots of TNG. I liked him. :idea:

I don'T like or dislike it..

The problem is, before his foul act at the accademy, he was so unbelieveble to me... Really the perfect little cadet with all the brain and curiousity...

The perfect kid!

But, what happened at the accademy makes me feel for the first time he was a normal human being.

I just did not like him he up staged all the adults. All these people with all this traning and its the little kid that figures it out come on

I just did not like him he up staged all the adults.  All these people with all this traning and its the little kid that figures it out come on

So when do the thoughts of kids become as important as the thoughts of adults? When do the ideas of kids become as valuable as the ideas of adults? He was a smart boy with a very creative mind. Even the smartest adults miss things sometimes. It's only human to miss something to a problem when you're looking at it so closely. So Wesley picks something up that other people miss every once in a while. It happens all the time. So what's the difference if an adult picks up the missed thing, or if a kid picks up the missed thing? I fail to see.

I am not a fan of Wesly, he bugs the crap out of me, but Beedrill may have a point. Just because he is a kid, does not make him less attentive to details...

And as a teacher, i can tell you this...Kids usually immediately catch things that adults miss.

I always thought that he got in the way of the show.....he served no real purpose other then to be a mamas boy .....and it seemed to me that he used the connection between Crusher and Picard to get what he wants.

(thats just my opinion however)

I was not tring say that kids are not inteligent but they just used wesley as an out to many times they just made it look like the trained adults could not feed themselfs they had to ask the almighty wesley to feed them like in the "game" come on picard playing a game of all people even if riker asked him to I don't see him playing it and I would think that someone would have noticed way before wesley did as the game was already on the ship before he was sorry for the rant I just wanted to put my three cents in. :) :)

I liked him...he was just a kid under a lot of pressure and in the first few years he added some dimension to Crusher and Picards relationship

I've always said I disliked him for the same reason I hated those kids in school who aced every test without studying.

Take "The Naked Now" for instance. Imagine you're Chief Engineer McDougal. You are a career Starfleet officer and you've spent the better years of your life studying starship engineering. You've braved hostile aliens, explored new worlds and one day you earn your way up to being the Chief Engineer on the Federation flagship. You're at the top of the world, right?

Then one day this punk kid comes along and practically calls you an idiot for not being able to reverse the tractor beam. "Just see it in your head," he says. He punches a few buttons and saves the ship. Just when you think it can't get any worse, he gets to pilot the ship without a day at the academy and no matter how many times he screws up and puts the ship in danger, everyone still likes him! Is it any wonder she quit?

Anyway, call it jealousy...sour grapes...whatever. With all due respect to Wil Wheaton, Wesley the Boy Genius was just a crappy idea for a character. But hey, he got to make out with Ashley Judd, so at least he got that out if it.

wesley is ok.. *shudders* when i was younger i used to have a crush on him.. ew just the thought of it now.. i think im going to throw up..

Wil Wheaton is a talented actor, but his character suffered from bad writing. His best episodes came later when he was allowed to show he wasn't perfect, that he couldn't always save the day.

I took exception to showing him in a Starfleet uniform in Nemesis. He QUIT THE ACADEMY!! What the hell was he doing in uniform with no explanation offered? Not even in the deleted scenes.

I never liked Wesley, always trying to be better than everyone else, always having to be able to do everything, I always despised him

Guest Guest

Never cared for him too much. The Ashley Judd thing was great but other than that the boy genius thing got annoying. Poor writing.

One of Wesley's better episodes and a important one was The First Duty this show launched a favorite ST star, Robert Mc neil [Tom Perris] of Voyager, even though his charater name was Joshua Albert in TNG. Wesley was buddies until the coverup in the accademy, so Wesley does stand out at times. Last time I saw him on tv. was about 3 weeks ago on the Screen Savers on Tech TV. doing an interview at JPL. on the Mars rover, I guess he works part time with Tech TV. :lol:

If i was Capt. Picard i would have smacked the crap out of him.GET OFF MY BRIDGE. You little twerp. :lol:

If i was Capt. Picard i would have smacked the crap out of him.GET OFF MY BRIDGE. You little twerp. :hand:

HEHE NEED I SAY MORE.. :lol:

Wil Wheaton is a talented actor, but his character suffered from bad writing.  His best episodes came later when he was allowed to show he wasn't perfect, that he couldn't always save the day.

I took exception to showing him in a Starfleet uniform in Nemesis.  He QUIT THE ACADEMY!!  What the hell was he doing in uniform with no explanation offered?  Not even in the deleted scenes.

According to Wil Wheaton, there was a scene with him in it, but they had to cut it. Read all about it here at WilWheaton.net.

But I did find it odd (and slightly humorous) that the scene wasn't even included in the DVD. :hand:

Wil Wheaton is a talented actor, but his character suffered from bad writing.  His best episodes came later when he was allowed to show he wasn't perfect, that he couldn't always save the day.

I took exception to showing him in a Starfleet uniform in Nemesis.  He QUIT THE ACADEMY!!  What the hell was he doing in uniform with no explanation offered?  Not even in the deleted scenes.

According to Wil Wheaton, there was a scene with him in it, but they had to cut it. Read all about it here at WilWheaton.net.

But I did find it odd (and slightly humorous) that the scene wasn't even included in the DVD. :lol:

he is in nemisis still you know, if you get wide screen you can see him at the wedding table and dancing :hand: but in the thing im writing he gets a couple lines.. only its not exactly at the present hes in the future.. sort of.. well more like a dream.. well i cant exactly explain it but you will see what im talking about eventualy, after i finish writing this death threat to bermin in cut out letters im sure it will get some attention..

I liked the Wesley near the end. The character of Wes is the most famous televsion Mary Sue* character there is. I hated all of the Wes saves the day stories. I like Wil Wheaton and I really hate that so many fans have taken their dislike for Wesley out on him. He didn't write the stuff.

*For those who don't know what a Mary Sue character is, that is the term used in writing to describe a character who is blantantly based on the author. Wes was living Gene Roddenberry's childhood fantasy but the less Mr. Roddenberry was involved with the series, the more flawed Wes became.

weasly rocks!

He saves the enterprise more times than I can count, get's the judd girl for his girlfriend, and gets to end his tenure by bopping around the galaxy with the traveler!!!

you could be so lucky

I love that boy! :hug: He is my third favorite character in all of Star Trek (first being Spock, second being Valeris). He is intelligent, young, and cute!

He's pretty bad... But as I write this I realise it would have been nice to see what happens after he "ascended" to the higher plane of existance, what he did and saw.