Sign in to follow this  
LadyNarana

Chatters - what program do you use?

I used to be a semi-regular chatter, but MSN costs money now, and I have a bad taste in my mouth from Yahoo!, and I will never ever ever use ICQ again. What program do you use to chat? I'm snowed in tonight, and I've lost contact with most of my chat friends...I need to type-talk occasionally!

Sheez, I'm pathetic...

i use my university's wireless network (free) and am on a trial with a new ethernet network - i give 'em feedback, they give me TIME - SOMA networks, if ya wanna know...

i feel ya... :yahoo:

MSN Messager is free, but the chat rooms there is a fee. I will never pay a fee to chat where I can go somewhere else to chat. Even than I don't chat anymore other than STF.

Ohhh, I assumed you were talking about instant-messaging. I'll tell you what you can use - have you ever played Legend of the Green Dragon? It's an online RPG community, and there are always plenty of people on chat. I used to play it, but found that I was going backwards faster than I was going forwards. I'm also pretty sure that my character BlackSwan has been deleted :yahoo: Ah well! If you're interested, I recommend that you give it a shot.

I have a bad taste in my mouth from Yahoo!

295378[/snapback]

I also had trouble with yahoo so i only use it for email,if i chat which i dont do much anymore then i use MSN as far as i know its still free to download :yahoo:

AIM might have crashed my old laptop, so I do not use it anymore. I have never tried Yahoo or ICQ. I do have MSN Messenger though, and I love it. It is especially good for staying in contact with my friends back in North Carolina.

I used to use MSN Messager and Yahoo IM. I have stop using MSN Messager. I was having some problems with it. I only use Yahoo IM for my closest friends now. In March I will no longer use it.

I used to chat on and off here at STF back in early to mid 2003... and would occasionally pop in to do the trivia chat. But since then I do not appear there much at all. Used to also chat a bit at Data's ezboard site..but not too many people chatting at there now.

But when it comes to IM'ing. I have cable, but will sometimes still go on AOL to chat with my sister(since she lives across town, and since I am already online....) or talk to my mom versus screaming a conversation across the house and I can continue to work on my computer. Used to use AIM, but just never felt like upgrading and heard there were problems with the new version.

I use Yahoo mainly, but I am not on there much at all now. Occasionally will sign in to see if a friend of mine is online(from the boards) or to see if my father is online out in his music studio and to tell him to come in because dinner is ready.

Long story short.. used to be a big chatter online, but nowadays, I tend to chat offline more.

Myself I use Trillian which lets me be logged into AIM, Yahoo, and MSN at the same time without having to run three separate programs.

I have not been on MSN for a while. So I checked it out. I was not asked to pay anything. But I did lose my AIM account because I dumped my AOL $4.95 per month email account.

What is wrong with Yahoo? That is my favorite messenger. I even have a small businees web site with them.

For some reason, Data (hello, Prof, by the way!), my computer doesn't react well with the Yahoo! chat program - I can get in only after some work and a lot of patience - so I don't use it. :S I also have a small business website through Geocities (Yahoo!), so I do use them for some things.

Thank you for all of your answers! It's not the messenger service that costs money - I still use MSN Messenger to talk to some friends - but MSN's chat service. I broke down a couple of times and tried to get them to let me on (with my handy credit card at hand), and I can't do it for some reason without starting a new account with them. I am unwilling to change my LadyNarana identity. I'm looking for honest-to-goodness chat rooms. But it's okay - I've been back in this one a few times (how could I ever not be?), and it helped fill the void. ;)

For some reason, Data (hello, Prof, by the way!), my computer doesn't react well with the Yahoo! chat program - I can get in only after some work and a lot of patience - so I don't use it. :S  I also have a small business website through Geocities (Yahoo!), so I do use them for some things.

Just to be curious, have you also had problems with the messenger suddenly crashes on you? I have been chatting and had the program crash on me, as well as the person I was chatting with have Yahoo crash as well.

It has not happened in a very long while, but was curious if anyone else had that problem.

For some reason, Data (hello, Prof, by the way!), my computer doesn't react well with the Yahoo! chat program - I can get in only after some work and a lot of patience - so I don't use it. :S  I also have a small business website through Geocities (Yahoo!), so I do use them for some things. 

296137[/snapback]

Hello, LadyNarana, we must be the only two people here who posted on the old Comedy Central Boards. I have had some problems with the Yahoo Conference and Chat Rooms also. I usually only use Yahoo for one on one IMs.

As Yillara mentions, the Yahoo Chatrooms and Conferences tended to crash occasionally.

I just downloaded the new Msn messenger 7.0....imo its much better then 6.2 with more functions ;)