Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Are You Currently Reading Any Trek Novels

If you are, what books are you reading? Is it a Trek novel or just something that's about Trek. I always wait until the novels go paper back before I buy and read them. A couple of days ago I bought the latest Shatner novel "Captain's Blood" and I plan to start reading it sometime today.

I am almost always reading "somthing", and it's usually Star Trek, but right now I'm not. Right now I'm reading some cool Christian Sci-Fi/Fantasy books I got for Christmas.

In the past i've glanced at Trek Novels based on Trek Films if that was worth something.

+ I have "The Ethics OF Star Trek" that i've still to finish reading the rest of it.

-----------------------------

:laugh: :) :) :yawn:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I'm currently reading Peter David's "Strike Zone", a TNG novel, one of the early ones with Pulaski (no Bev Crusher :) :laugh: ).

No not right now.

However in the recent past, I just pick up whatever one and read a bit (since I have read them multiple times). Ones I pick up most are the TNG novels: "Immortal Coil", "Metamorphosis", "Spartacus", "Here There Be Dragons", and "Survivors"

Just finished "Unity" by S.D. Perry, a post-DS9 novel.

Now I'm going to start a courtroom drama called "The Arraignment" by Steve Martini -- he blows Grisham out of the water.

I'm reading several "Star Trek" novels as I write them.  Does that count?  B)

294707[/snapback]

I think we can give ya that one.

I am currently reading Peter David's latest New frontier book, anfd intermixing it with LoTR, I think I am gonna be going insane shortly.

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

Been looking for a new fantasy novel to read but I have not been to barnes and nobles latley and all wal mart sells is chick flick books.

Right now I'm reading Worlds Of Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Cardassia and Andor. (Whew long title.) I'm going to move on to Terry Pratchett's A Hat Full of Sky when I'm done with this one, and I've got King Solomon's Mines to read for class.

Right now I am not reading any. Its hard to get Star Trek books in the store on base in Yokosuka.

Just read StarTrek "The Ashes of Eden', story of Capt. Kirks' retirement from Star Fleet Story takes place 6 months BEFORE 'Generations'.

Capt. Sulu and the USS EXCELSIOR- play a large role.

Shatner co-wrote this one, and he 'knows' Capt. Kirks' insight., he tells his personal struggles as an older person in this story.

THEN- just read StarTrek "The Captains' Daughter', story of Capt. Sulu and the USS EXCELSIOR- VERY WELL DONE STORY!!!!!!!!

Story takes place 6 months AFTER 'Generations'.

Lots of great tid-bits, special guests,insight on Sulu and how he came to being a father, explains much about him and his career....was nice to see some other ST Character get their own novel.

I COULD NOT PUT THESE BOOKS DOWN! -

-I am not easilly impressed with ST novels nor am I a fast reader!

(I have chucked other ST books aside from boredom.)

I have never read 2 complete novels within 2 weeks, so I lucked out on these 2.

Edited by fiero84

Ive actually owned a copy of The Motion Picture the novel for a few years but never read it and found it again recently. So im half way through that. It's ok i suppose...

While in Georgia, I looked at a few Trek books in a bookstore near to my motel. I settled on an audiobook - 3 CDs - entitled "Vulcan's Heart" by Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz. I hope to actually listen to them, rather than just look at the cover of the sleeve. :blink: Anyone else try an audiobook?

yes, I've listened to many Trek audio books. I love it because it has music and really cool sound effects. Some of the books I've listened to are Dark Mirror and

Star Trek: First Contact, to name a couple. they are cool.

Star Trek: The Next Generation 9. I traded a book in to the school libary so I could have it because I couldn't stop reading it :blink: :blink:

Star trek Memories by Shatner... Not really Trek, but it's related...

I am currently reading Star Trek fan ficition....short stories.

I am reading different volumes of Star Trek : Strange New Worlds

i'm reading Star Trek: The Next Generation Geneis Wave Book 3

Click For Spoiler
if you have heard of this book, could you please tell me where to find Book 1 and 2?