Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Wrath of Khan v First Contact

Which of these 2 favourites is better?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 2 favourites is better?

• Wrath of Khan
    • First Contact
    • No! Don't make me choose!

I also voted for TWOK. The reasons are the same as many of the previous posts have mentioned-Ricardo Montalban's fabulously evil performance as Khan and the emotion between Kirk and Spock during Spock's death scene. I also liked the addition of a new character, Lt. Saavik, to the trek universe. The uniforms were cool, too! First Contact was a good movie, but I couldn't connect with the characters during that movie. TWOK had much more of a "family" feel to it, showing how the Enterprise crew had come to care for each other after serving together for so long. I never got that feeling with the TNG crew.

Wrath of Khan is definately better..I much prefer TOS over TNG..Although FC is a good movie for TNG...

i had a heart attack trying to choose, but i had to go with TWOK. it was a ggggrrreeeeaaatttt movie, as was FC, but TWOK had sooooooo much more to it in my opinion. i see its a close vote at that.

TWOK had both the superior storyline and the superior space battle.The Mutara Nebula battle was thrilling.I always tense up when the static on the Enterprise's main viewer clears up just in time to show everybody on the bridge that they are about to collide with the Reliant.

First Contact has great special effects and a good storyline,too.But TWOK is the Elvis of Trek films.Its the King! :saintdevil:

Edited by Captain_Smiley

Oh come on you can not expect me to choose betweeb two star trek films. which one to choose, which one? :wub: :naughty: :P

:P

Oh come on you can not expect me to choose betweeb two star trek films. which one to choose, which one?  :look:  :(  :waaaa:

:look:

you dont have to not like the other one. you just say you liked one a little better than the other. thats all. i love all the trek movies in my own way.just some are a little better than the other. TREK RULES :laugh:

First Contact was (so far) the best of the TNG movies, but I still believe that Khan was the best of all ten combined. It had everything you could want in a film. Drama, Adventure, Romance, Suspense, Heroism and a cliff hanger of sorts at the end when Spock dies.

Definitely First Contact.In my opinion,that fantastic film layed the groundwork for the series Enterprise and the TCW.Its also a fun film to watch,with all the great FX,space battles,the Borg,etc.

:bow: "Assimilate This!"

:bow: "Oh,shi...."

I watched them both again yesterday and i have decided with

Click for Spoiler:

Khan

It pushed me just that little bit further than the other.

:klingon:

I voted First Contact

Probebly the best Startrekmovie Ever Made!!

:huh:

I think this poll is kinda unfair- these movies are from two different decades and series. However, as cool as First Contact is, it doesn't have Ricardo Montalban or Shatner.

There should be a spin off poll- which has the better one liner:

"KKHHHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

or

"Assimilate this!"

I myself said TWOK, I loved everything in that movie, also, it was the first movie to make me cry in a long time.

Hithril- I thought I was the only one with tears in my eyes when Scotty was playing those bagpipes. God- that scene chokes me up just thinking about it.

And when Archer was giving the Eulogy for Sim- I was literally in tears- that scene was so powerful, because we knew that one day Spock and Kirk would be there, facing each other, and wondering what to say.

Wrath of kahn, of course :flex: . It set the standard for first contact after all, besides, what other movie has had a vulcan asking this?: "A lie?" "An exageration, lt." :)

Any person who has been a fan of Trek (before the TNG series) would have to agree that "The Wrath Of Khan" is the best Star Trek flick of the two selections. First Contact was a good movie, but it definately did not have the depth of the TWOK.

I think you know how I voted... :flex:

Why do I have to make this choice? I am loyal TNG, but Wrath of Khan is one of the best if not the best! Why are you pushing us Star Trek fans to divide our loyalties with simply question.

After sometime and soul searching I have made my decision. I have to go with First Contact. This was very difficult decision to make. sad-smiley-067.gif