Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Please Stay Off-topic Part 2

I was reading a Justice League comic book the other day (and old one) and the heroes are discussing religion.

Batman says something like,"I only go into church when some hood I'm chasing tries to hide in one.I'm an atheist."

Which struck me funny since one of his teamates is...well,an Angel and another is supposedly a goddess (Wonder Woman).

Now,I realize this was just a case of the writer attempting to force his own feelings onto an iconic character (happens waaayyy too often now-a-days....writers pushing their politics onto icons),but how stupid was that?He doesn't believe in Wonder Woman or his Angel buddy (whom he met,by the way...during a battle between the forces of Heaven and hell) :rolleyes:

And some people wonder why the comic industry has lost steam.....

a note to lefty,uber PC comic book writers and their equally pathetic editors...KEEP YOUR POLITICS TO YOURSELF and KEEP WRITING ICONIC CHARACTERS THEY WAY THEY HAVE HISTORICALLY BEEN PRESENTED....YOU DID NOT CREATE THESE CHARACTERS....

Okay,I'm done.

:laugh:

Edited by admiralpeewee

Russel crowe....."I AM MAXIMUS MERIDAS, GENERAL OF THE

FELIX REGIMENT OF THE ROMAN ARMY AND SERVANT TO THE EMPEROR MARCUS

AURELIU I AM FATHER TO A MURDERED SON AND HUSBAND TO A MURDERED WIFE AND LANDLORD TO A MURDERED WORLD -- AND I WILL HAVE VENGEANCE IN THIS WORLd OR THE NEXT!!"

Hangon..."So i take it you dont fancy burger king??"

:eekout:

Edited by hangon

Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.

Benjamin Franklin was quite the ladies man.

When he visited France,the women couldn't get enough of him and his HUGE....brain.

Ben wanted the national emblem of the United States to be a turkey. :eekout:

Ben and Me...a cartoon film about Ben Franklin and a Mouse is really neat.

Benjamin Franklin's face is on my favorite denomination of U.S. currency.

Ben Franklin didn't live long enough to comment on the British (rock & roll) Invasion of the 60's....

Ben Franklin's son was a Loyalist during the Revolutionary War.They would have been awesome guests on Jerry Springer.

:devil:

Who the hell is the PeeWee guy, folks?

He was a children's show host who also made several popular movies. He crashed and burned when he got caught in an "adult" movie theater doing something he shouldn't have been doing. :eekout:

Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages it.

(Families taking long car trips should also adopt this same policy... :laugh: )

Edited by Kor37

My dad loved eating fried frogs legs.... :eekout:

I won't go near them....

Ive lost all feeling in the right side of my body, maby i should stop drinking brandy and go to bed.

Rattlesnakes occur in every state except Alaska and Hawaii.The Diamondback is the largest and the Pigmy rattler the smallest.In between there are many variations including the Southern Pacific,Masasauga,Timber,and Prairie rattlers.

When I was 9-years old,"Admiral Peewee"(my brother) yanked me away from a rattler that I didn't see in the woods behind our house in Ozark.He then beat the snake to death with a hunk of wood.My hero :lol:

He still has that snakes skull on his shelf.

The average price of a paperback book in 1965 was about 65 cents.

Today.it's about 7 dollars. :wow:

Rattlesnakes occur in every state except Alaska and Hawaii.The Diamondback is the largest and the Pigmy rattler the smallest.In between there are many variations including the Southern Pacific,Masasauga,Timber,and Prairie rattlers.

When I was 9-years old,"Admiral Peewee"(my brother) yanked me away from a rattler that I didn't see in the woods behind our house in Ozark.He then beat the snake to death with a hunk of wood.My hero B)

He still has that snakes skull on his shelf.

340253[/snapback]

I was worried the snake would get sick if it bit your dirty leg,hillbilly.

I keep the skull to remind you that you owe me one. :lol:

I just changed my sig. Isn't that exciting? :wow: All that creativity wore me out, so now I'm going to bed. :lol:

My favorite color is yellow.

My favorite thing to eat is collard greens and cornbread.

My favorite Star Trek series is TOS.

My favorite NFL team is the Cardinals.

I have attended one Mike Tyson fight,before he started to suck....

My dad used to give me and my other siblings our allowance and then pull out a deck of cards and challenge us to a game of poker to see if we could double our money.....I was dumb enough to nearly always take the challenge.I NEVER won....and never had any pocket money :lol:

"Lunar Halo"

The rings around the moon that can often be seen....

These are in our atmosphere and are of the same general nature as rainbows.The halos are caused by the refraction of moonlight by thin,icy clouds.The halo making a 22-degree circle around the moon is the most common.Sometimes a 46-degree circle may also form and,if the ice crystals in the clouds are just right,one may see arcs and other effects.These halos are usually colorless,but sometimes they can appear as faint rainbows with the red on the interior.

Juicy Fruit brand "Grapermelon" gum ingredients:

Sugar,Gum Base,Corn Syrup,Modified Corn Startch,Natural and Artificial Flavors,Glycerol,Malic Acid,Citric Acid,Softeners,Fumaric Acid,Aspartame,Shellac,Color added,Sorbitol,Acesulfame K,Blue 2,Red 40,Carnauba Wax,BHA (to maintain freshness),and Phenylalanine.

Yummy. :thumbup:

I just saw the funniest thing. A baby bird fresh from the nest was sitting on the ledge outside my window. When I sat down, it took off......and promptly flew into a wall. It was hilarious in a 3 Stooges kind of way. Don't worry, the bird is fine. It bounced off the wall and landed on a table. He looks like he is going to walk around my table for awhile before he attempts another test flight....lol.

:blush 2:

I just got caught using my pc at work to post here at STF.Net....

Lucky I work for my sister and brother-in-law....they let me get away with quite a bit. :lol:

Okay,that said...I don't want to push my luck,back to work....see you all later on tonight!

:lol:

I was reading a Justice League comic book the other day (and old one) and the heroes are discussing religion.

Batman says something like,"I only go into church when some hood I'm chasing tries to hide in one.I'm an atheist."

Which struck me funny since one of his teamates is...well,an Angel and another is supposedly a goddess (Wonder Woman).

Now,I realize this was just a case of the writer attempting to force his own feelings onto an iconic character (happens waaayyy too often now-a-days....writers pushing their politics onto icons),but how stupid was that?He doesn't believe in Wonder Woman or his Angel buddy (whom he met,by the way...during a battle between the forces of Heaven and hell) :huh:

And some people wonder why the comic industry has lost steam.....

a note to lefty,uber PC comic book writers and their equally pathetic editors...KEEP YOUR POLITICS TO YOURSELF and KEEP WRITING ICONIC CHARACTERS THEY WAY THEY HAVE HISTORICALLY BEEN PRESENTED....YOU DID NOT CREATE THESE CHARACTERS....

Okay,I'm done.

:(

337669[/snapback]

Batman has always been established as a skeptic who doesn't take anything on faith, which is why he's an Atheist. I would respectfully point out that just because a person has no religious beliefs, that is hardly a political statement...rather it is a philosophical statement. Wonder Woman is also not a Goddess, but an Amazon. Also, it was never made clear that Zaurial was really an angel. I'm sure Batman probably fancied that he was merely a meta-human with pretensions.

If you really need a hero who believes in God, well then I suggest you read Daredevil...he's a blatant Catholic. :(

Edited by Validus