Sign in to follow this  
cassidy

I secured the most awesome work experience!

I'll be doing my work experience at Nintendo!! I'm very lucky to have gotten it, because normally you need to sign up years in advance. Even employees can't get their kids positions! It's in April, so I'll update then and tell you all how it went.

SWEET!!!!!

Here in the US, Nintendo has "high standards" for accepting employees. You have to get a BA in computers or graphics engineering. Sometimes masters degrees.

I'm doing yr 10 work experience - do you do that in the US? i would assume you do, but I dunno. Nintendo is a bit different here though, because none of the game creation is done in Australia. It's just distribution, but exciting nonetheless :dude:

Well essentially you just find an employer willing to take you, then spend a week with them, either doing odd jobs or observing the workplace. You get paid for it, but just a very minimal amount (something like $5 a day :dude: ).

While I'm up there, maybe I can get a replacement part for my gameboy. The back battery thingy's broken, and the snib's fallen off. I have to secure the batteries in with stickytape :hug:

I had 12 year work experence at a Media Center. It was a blast! :(

Edited by Odie

my Yr 10 W.E. was for a mutinational surveyors office. It had its cool moments, but on the whole i hated my boss. I hope things go good for ya. Hope you get some freebies!!

my Yr 10 W.E. was for a mutinational surveyors office. It had its cool moments, but on the whole i hated my boss. I hope things go good for ya. Hope you get some freebies!!

293205[/snapback]

That'd be awesome! Somehow I doubt it, though B)

Is year ten, year twelve, etc. your grade or your age or what?? B)

293760[/snapback]

Its grades.