Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Do you consider yourself a nerd?

Do you consider yourself a nerd?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself a nerd?

• ABSOLUTELY, AFFIRMATIVE, DAH, YES (in 40 languages), etc.
    • OF COURSE!!!!!
    • yes
    • kind of
    • not really
    • don't know
    • no
    • don't call me that!
    • ABSOLUTELY NOT!
    • huh?

I would have to be a nerd for just wanting to read maps during the 6th grade and trying to remember zipcodes for half the nation.

Absolutely YES!!! (check out my custom title) I was a good student - especially in science, most of my teachers liked me, I sometimes read atlases encyclopedias, and the dictionary like they were novels, and I LOVE Star Trek. If that's not nerdy, what is? :dude:

Ya, I shall choose the topmost option...

But there is a difference between “nerd” and “geek”... :laugh:

Too bad it seems like Wikiverse.Org isn't working, whilst Wikipedia.Org basically considers them the same in their article for High School Subcultures... :clap:

I guess I'd consider myself more of an “ubergeek”, unless I'd discover a better term for thyself. :dude:post-812-1095305091.gif

The stereotypical nerd image as seen in the mass media and cartoons is a young man wearing thick black glasses (preferably broken and taped up with electrical tape), pocket protectors and dress shirts or clothes that are in general too formal for the circumstances in which they are worn. Sometimes, he is lacking in personal hygiene skills, and he will typically be either very skinny or extremely fat. Stereotypical nerds are usually socially awkward and incapable of social interaction, except on technical topics.
Yep, that's me alright... :bow: :o :dude:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Spelling error rectified. :bow:

Edited by DrWho42

Geek or nerd, it matters not. I am in no way ashamed to be considered a nerd(from a very very young age I would have told you this too :clap: ) . And I am also often considered to be a jock too (I have been an athlete pretty much all my life-gymnastics, powder puff football, volleyball, badminton, bowling, to name a few things I enjoy. The first two I actually competed in-gymnastics, played for the school-football.) so I pretty much a mix of the two groups.

LOL, more than one person(family, friends and/or teachers) have actually stated when I received a C for a grade.. "OMG, she is actually human. She got a C." :dude: They act like I never got a "B" before on a paper or a report card. Which I have many times throughout my time in school. Matter of fact, I just missed out on getting an "A" by a couple of points on my Organic Chemistry I lecture grade. I got a B on the final, which made it so I had to get a B for the semester :laugh: Oh Well, can't complain did really well in the lab class. And no one got an A on the final for that lecture class.

I am a nerd and proud of it!! I choose the top option. In fact, in my little circle, the word "popular" has become slang for "something undesirable, which we do not want to be at all, even if the majority of people do not like it and it is not indeed popular."

No offense to anyone who is popular on this site. I refer to the popular people I have met, very few of whom have actually been nice to me and my friends.

But there is a difference between “nerd” and “geek”... :laugh:
Heh, this cartoon kinda explains the difference between geeks, nerds, and dorks...
Click For Spoiler
post-812-1104634507_thumb.jpg
I guess I'd consider myself more of an “ubergeek”, unless I'd discover a better term for thyself. :) post-812-1095305091.gif
Finally found a worthy-enough definition for that term...
Defining exactly what an ubergeek is can be a slippery business--like trying to nail ectoplasm to the wall.

An ubergeek is a geek who is in a perpetual state of evolution towards a higher state of Geekhood.

The budding ubergeek is a geek who groks and identifies with the gestalt of all that is geeky, and usually has more than a passing acquaintance with the nerd and the dork within. The centered ubergeek not only knows that the geek will inherit the earth, but may also dream of one day inhabiting the stars as well.  The quintessential ubergeek is a geek who is not only unashamed of his or her geeky qualities, but positively revels in them. The ultimate Ubergeek is an Over-geek, a Super-geek, a Geek-among-Geeks.  While ubergeeks may be passionate about their particular geeky interests, they know it isn't necessarily true that every geek shares exactly the same interests as every other geek; nevertheless, while geeks come in many different flavors, ubergeeks generally recognize each other for what they are: fellow travellers along the road to a uniquely personal geek nirvana.

post-812-1095566621.gif Edited by DrWho42

I voted that I do consider myself a nerd, but then after reading 42's comic I think I'm more of a geek (a nerdy geek, mind you.) And I just discussed the matter with a friend, she says that I don't fit into any category. Yay! I'm ambiguous.

No, I do not believe I am a nerd. I had some nerdish tendencies when I was young, but I am now middle-aged, and have 'grown out of it.'

Not really. Though I love all the sci-fi, and my Trekkie friends initiated me into their crew (I'm the Chief Transporter) I and by defenition NOT a nerd.

those who call themselves nerds are nerds... it's pathetic. just be normal and accept who u r. i don't call myself a nerd but some people may think that about me :lol: :lol:

Yes. 1. We are taking the poll and posting on a Star Trek site. I love Star Trek but it can be nerdy! 2. I was voted most studious senior male in High School.

3. I became a librarian - great job, but with nerdy conotations.