Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Is the picture real?

Do you think this picture is really the great wall?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this picture is really the great wall?

• yes, definitely
    • no

DSC00045.jpg

If you don't think it is real explain why.

I'll give you the answer in another thread in a few days.

For some reason I think this thread was made to show that it is NOT the great wall but probably some meat sculpture or something :elephant:

Or could it be so that I can show you I went to China over the past 3 years?

Or could it actually be my uncle's?

It's a choice...

It looks like the Great Wall, and I believe it is the Great Wall.

Im gonna say no, theres something about it that doesnt seem right but i cant quite put my finger on it. if i figure it out il let you now.

For some reason I think this thread was made to show that it is NOT the great wall but probably some meat sculpture or something :elephant:

291405[/snapback]

Maybe it's marzipan!

After looking at the picture for a long time I don't think its real.

Click For Spoiler
At the bottom right conner there is are two flashes. If its a real picture the flashes would not be there in first place.

I'm naturally suspicious so I said no - just because you asked the question. Besides, considering what they do with special effects and scenery (think LOTR) you never know if anything is real anymore.

After looking at the picture for a long time I don't think its real.

Click For Spoiler
At the bottom right conner there is are two flashes.  If its a real picture the flashes would not be there in first place.

291451[/snapback]

How do you know the flashes aren't the result of taking a picture through a window?

Good point.

Click For Spoiler
I have taken pictures through a window. There would have a slight refection from the window of the person taking the picture. Unless the lens is very close to the window. If the person took the picture very close to a window there wouldn't be any flashes in the picture. Even it the person was a step or two away from the window the flashes are in the wrong place. The flashes would be more in the center of the picture or off to the right upper conner of the picture.

Good point.

Click For Spoiler
I have taken pictures through a window.  There would have a slight refection from the window of the person taking the picture.  Unless the lens is very close to the window.  If the person took the picture very close to a window there wouldn't be any flashes in the picture. Even it the person was a step or two away from the window the flashes are in the wrong place.  The flashes would be more in the center of the picture or off to the right upper conner of the picture.

291583[/snapback]

Well that depends...

Click For Spoiler
If the flash was from the camera itself, the flash reflection would be higher up, bigger, and bright white. But if the flash is from something else (say, reading lights on the other side of a train or bus) then their position would depend on where the lights are located. Or it could even be a reflection of something outside the vehicle, on the other side.

I have finally decided on 'no.' Maybe it's a prop for a movie, or something like that, but I don't think it's real.

I mean, what is that in the lower right corner?

Edited by wishfire

It's too bright for the flashes to be reading lights.

291785[/snapback]

That was only a possibility I saw. It could also be tail-lights from a car. Or something along those lines.

But then that thing (not the lights) in the lower right corner started nagging at me. What is it? It kinda looks like the edge of a blanket. If that's a blanket, it's HUGE! Or the wall is small...

I say no. The purpose of the wall was to keep invaders out and look on the right side after the tower there is no wall. Whats the point of building the wall on the hill when your not going to cut off the entire hill so the enemy can just waltz by the other side.

Well thats what I think but I am not as smart as WAB so I am probally wrong.

I say no. The purpose of the wall was to keep invaders out and look on the right side after the tower there is no wall. Whats the point of building the wall on the hill when your not going to cut off the entire hill so the enemy can just waltz by the other side.

291975[/snapback]

While I chose no, you've got to look at everything. On the right side, after the wall ends, if you look at the background you can see what might be another section of the wall, as if from that point the wall curves away behind what we see. Also, well, the wall doesn't go from body of water to body of water. It's got to stop somewhere.

But I still think it's a fake.

Hey, WAB, when are you going to tell us whether it's fake or not?

291975[/snapback]

While I chose no, you've got to look at everything. On the right side, after the wall ends, if you look at the background you can see what might be another section of the wall, as if from that point the wall curves away behind what we see. Also, well, the wall doesn't go from body of water to body of water. It's got to stop somewhere.

But I still think it's a fake.

Hey, WAB, when are you going to tell us whether it's fake or not?

292003[/snapback]

I'll tell you Christmas Day. :dude:

Which Christmas Day.  Mine or yours?   :dude:

292007[/snapback]

Mine... :laugh:

292009[/snapback]

Just as long as you don't tell me that you're going to do a "Christmas in July" thing, I'll be happy. That's only a day and a half, basically...

Ok, I'm a few minutes early, but the picture is

Click For Spoiler
fake....

:hug:

Click For Spoiler
The flashes in the right are flashes from a 3.2 megapixel camera that I used to take a picture of an illuminated panel that displays the Great Wall. :bow: I know. That was tricky. My mom actually thought that was real, but it's not.. I must note, the panel is actually a real picture that was transferred onto the panel.... I took a picture of a picture..... :-P