Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Which Trek do you prefer?

The only part of Trek that I wished never happened is ST5, what an auful film and a waste of the cast's time. I find ST7 a little dull as well but I would not say that I don't like it.

In terms of the series, I love TOS and TNG, they are what Star Trek is about. I found DS9 and Voyager a little dull and have to admit that I lost interest in Trek to some degree until the GREAT Enterprise. Enterprise is a return to good Trek with a great cast and some interesting stories that are not just character development/ship based, but actually deal with adventures while developing characters.

TNG is my fav..the movies never really did it for me..they were all about pizz-azz and never really got gritty enough..as far as the others..Voyager is one I'll watch all the time.

I prefer whichever Trek I happen to be watching at the time.

TNG is my favorite of the shows, but I love them all. As far as movies go I liked them all but ST5 and Nemesis. I hated both those movies. Everything else is good.

I like everything, except ST5, and Voyager isn't really a favourite, but I can watch it without getting totally bored..

I watch TOS and DS9 the most; they're my favorites. After them, it's TNG. I've seen VOY enough to know who everyone is and their stories and some of the eps. ENT, unfortunately, I've seen hardly at all.

I like them all! I do admit that ST:5 is the worst of the films but it does have a few good lines in it.But for the most part I find all the series and films to be equally enjoyable.

I'm a TNG fan first and foremost. Enterprise is my second favourite. I've only seen the TNG movies but I've enjoyed them all with Nemesis and First Contact being my favourites.

Borg.gif

Not a huge fan of TOS, though I'm a big fan of Kirk. I guess I had to be there in the 60's.

I like all the movies, including the TOS one's.

So far, I've only seen about half of the TOS series and a handful of TNG but I like both series. I've also watched the first two movies and have ST III and IV sitting in my bedroom waiting to be viewed. :)

I am a huge fan of TOS. One has to view the series in the context it was filmed--the late 60's. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the way Gene Roddenberry tackled controversial subjects, like racism, and snuck it past the puritannical (sp?) network censors of the time by disguising it as science fiction was nothing short of brilliant. I also liked TNG and VOY. I kind of fell out of DS9 when the story arcs started turning it into a "soap opera in space"-Worf doinking Dax, Kira doinking Odo, etc, etc, etc. I don't really watch Enterprise much so I can't really form an opinion. Maybe now that I have a DVR that will change.

TNG is my favorite. The next one would be TOS. Enterprise is next. DS9 and VOY are cool but I prefer the previous mentioned shows.

I like TNG , and for movies...I liked all 4 TNG movies(First Contact and Nemesis first and and second respectively)...as for the others. I have seen between 3 and 5 of each of the other series, but they failed to catch my attention as TNG did. And I have seen all 10 films....but of course the TNG films are my favorites.

For me...Star Trek The Motion Picture...doesn't exacly suck IMO..but....it's just....I don't know....feels like a Bad Episode.....I still got the DVD...but even so :andorian:

Out off the 5 Series, I Love Them All, but DS9 is my Favorite.

And I Liked Star Trek V :theking:

I love Voyager :theking:

If I had to pick a least favorite series, it would be DS9. But, that's paritally because I haven't seen much of it, I still like the series :andorian:

I haven't seen all the movies, most of them, but not all, so I can't judge them fairly. So far I've loved all of them :martok:

I have never met a Trek that I did not like.

im right there with ya, except for VOY, i never could really get into it, its just not right to me, some of the eps were good, but not enough for me to watch all the time unless theres nothing else on. but i love ds9, ent, tos, and all the movies, even V had its good points to me. :bow:

:bow: Me,well I like TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY. Only one I get to see now is VOY. Reruns. But I get to watch the other thing that go on in the background, now on VOY. Cool, becuase you would be suprised at what you miss the first go around. :bow::bow:

I am a Star Trek fan to the core. :bow: MY favorite is Voyager, second favorite is TNG. I like looking back at the original series too, and recall watching it before it ever became reruns( yes, I'm probably older than most on this website). I've never gotten into the movies much. So there's not a lot I can say about them. My least favorite series are DS9 and Enterprise. But I support them and do watch, because they are part of the whole legacy. :bow:

I like all 5 series but my favorite is TNG and DS9 is a close second. My favorite movie is STTWOK followed by STTUDC. STTMP was not that bad too me.. I think you have to be in a certain mood (and have the time) to watch it. I'm sorry but IMO STV is a clear example of bad trek. God in the middle of the Milky Way Galaxy?

History is replete with examples of people claiming that God is over there or, God is over here, (a statement substantiated by the Bible) Sybok was only the next crackpot in a LONG line of them (Jim Jones-David Koresh, etc.) to think the same thing only on a Galactic scale. The difference between Sybok and them mentioned is that he did not claim to be God and so his followers accepted his word that he knew where God was.

He changed the (Antichrist) rules as they had been known by not making the claim to be God. I’m sorry but ST:5 rocked!

gottalove gottabite - i CONCUR - Voyager so reminds me of TOS - it stands alone! - i can still watch TOS and understand it contextually ... it was the one that started it all, ya know? - Voyager dashed my puppy love for TNG, and i've not much to say about ENT ... yet (i hope) - i simply cannot understand what everyone sees in DS9; soap opera in space, HERE HERE - that series TOTALLY lost it for me when in the first few episodes they went flying around IN THE STATION (gawd!) to save some something or other - blech!@% - the Defiant came too late, unlike lovely Seven...

gottalove gottabite - i CONCUR - Voyager so reminds me of TOS - it stands alone! - i can still watch TOS and understand it contextually ... it was the one that started it all, ya know? - Voyager dashed my puppy love for TNG, and i've not much to say about ENT ... yet (i hope) - i simply cannot understand what everyone sees in DS9; soap opera in space, HERE HERE - that series TOTALLY lost it for me when in the first few episodes they went flying around IN THE STATION (gawd!) to save some something or other - blech!@% - the Defiant came too late, unlike lovely Seven...

The Defiant first appeared in the Season 3 Premire Of DS9

Seven Of Nine First Appeared In The Season 4 Premire Of VOY.

And Juding DS9 (Or any Trek) by the first 2 Seasons really does no good.

I wouldn't call DS9 a Soap Opera exactky, just a very involved Trek show.

I mean c'mon, it was much happier than any Soap Opera. It was more like Star Wars done as a TV show (Not That I'm Saying Lucas should do that though)

awright, awright - DS9 did take Star Trek to a new level, that of serial drama - i guessi just never got over seeing something the size of spacedock flyin' around - as far as 'add-ons' go, i'm not lettin' up with Seven - ah, Seven ... save the ship again!

I have stated this many times - my favorite series is TNG

I think it is the best done series. It has the best (IMHO) stories and the heart of any good show is the stories.

In order:

TNG

TOS

VOY

DS9

ENT

For the movies I don’t really have any specific movie that’s my favorite. However, I can say that I think that TOS has better movies then TNG. If I had to pick probably my favorite movie comes down to STII. I also like (contrary to popular belief) STI and some aspects of STV.

For something that I did not like:

ST Nemesis (it had a great concept, but it was not executed good and a very big reason for that was the bad director)

ENT (I can’t say 100% because I have not watched the majority of episodes, but for the ones that I have seen they don’t seem that good)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com