Sign in to follow this  
Captain Ericks

Under the Raptor's Wings

After I saw 'The Forge', I was thinking about what Syrran(Arev) said about the time when Surak died. He said the the faced those who flew under the Raptor's wings, or the Vulcan's who wished to return to the savage ways.

I didn't pick up on it at first, but could the Raptor's wings be the 'Bird of Prey' of the Romulan Star Empire. The Bird of Prey is the common symbol of the Romulans used through TNG. Unless there is some continuity I'm not aware of, it would make sense that the division of the Vulcan's and the Romulan's would occur when the Vulcan's emmbrace logic and reasoning, while the Romulan's remain violent and decietful Imperialists.

I do not remember which episode it was explained in, but I remember it being spoken of that the Romulans split off from the Vulcan culture when the Vulcans chose to embrace logic.

Yes, the statement about those under the raptor's wing was a direct reference to the Romulans; at least, there's no doubt in my mind that it was.

Yes, the statement about those under the raptor's wing was a direct reference to the Romulans; at least, there's no doubt in my mind that it was.

287225[/snapback]

I'm kind of the same way. I can't imagine that 'Raptor' (which incase anyone didn't know means Bird of Prey) would be used so lightly, especially when the Romulans coming into play at the end of 'Kir Shara'. The only reason that I doubt the claim is lack of cannon evidence.

287225[/snapback]

I agree with you. Now that we've seen the Romulin it all makes sense now! The Romulins do have a bird painted on the bottoms of their birds-of-pray (raptor)