Sign in to follow this  
BlueCrystal

An Open Letter to Koss

Click For Spoiler
Dear Koss,

You really upset me and I don't actually understand your motives in regards to T'Pol. First you arrange the marriage to her and I doubt that you really care if T'Les regained her position but you seemed to have really wanted T'Pol. Second you give Archer your transport codes to protect T'Pol so it's clear you don't want your mate injured or killed, and now you allow T'Pol out of the marriage arrangement without gaining anything from her.

What is it Koss? Are you into the nice guy/knight in shining armor scene? You have to have your own motives or interest in this situation somewhere? No one can be this good, decent, or sweet! What's the real story Koss? Why did you do it?

BC

Yes, BC, that was quite a turn-around. :laugh:

Click For Spoiler
Maybe he just had time to think about the marriage and decided HE wanted out. Who knows???? :laugh: He did seem like a decent guy by doing that. T'Pol certainly looked shocked, didn't she?

Click For Spoiler

287082[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I would think that after seeing what T'Pol was willing to risk for the crew of Enterprise and knowing the motivation that led her to marry him, that Koss would have realized that holding her to a marriage was not logical.

Click For Spoiler
But Koss knew before the marriage T'Pol did not wish to marry him - but forced the issue - so why the change of mind. His explanation made no sense to me - sure T'Pol's reason for agreeing may have changed with the loss of her mother (not that she ever admitted that was her reason - but everyone assumed that it was). So what was Koss' reason to want to marry her and did that change?

Did the discovery of Surok's writings make adherence to custom less important (it was still important in Spock's time). Maybe Koss was a Syrannite or at least a sympathizer and maybe that had something to do with his need to marry T'Pol.

I could get off topic and wonder why in general men pursue women that clearly aren't interested in them. I'm not the only human female this has happened to :laugh:

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Click For Spoiler
I agree with BC. Koss did seem to take on a kinder, nice manner. He actually seemed more physically attractive, to me anyway. The first time I saw him I thought he was harsh and cruel. This nicer Koss is more appealing, to most of us Ladies anyway. Of course I can only speak for myself. :yes:

Click For Spoiler
You know I think Koss was a closet Syrannite and therefore the adherance to his cultural traditions and family's wishes are very important to him and therefore his determination to win T'Pol. After the cold way in which she received him on board Enterprise he probably began to see what he had committed himself to. She doesn't deserve him - and aside from logic I think he is just a good person and he saw the best way forward was to let her go. (I will not go into the fact that such a thing has been made of Vulcan bonding in the past that this should not be such an easy task). I like him - he a truly good man with an enlightened and generous heart - I am sure Gene Roddenberry would approve.

Sadly I think T'Pol is too into herself and her drug induced emotions that make her the antithesis of everything Vulcan to realise what she has lost. He is exactly what she needs.

Click For Spoiler

289050[/snapback]

This makes a very good point, and I concur.

...why in general men pursue women that clearly aren't interested in them.  I'm not the only human female this has happened to :elephant:

Some women never say "not interested" in so many words, they try to get the point across in hints or small 'signals' which can be ignored or misintrepreted.

If a guy still chases after clear 'look in the eye and say 'not interested, go away'', well then he's an idiot.