Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

What have you learned today?

We all learn something new each day (at least I hope we all do), so what was it today? Doesn't have to be anything big, just something you know today that you didn't know yesterday. Today I learned that I can make french toast every bit as good as Robert's. I also learned french toast with lots of syrup isn't a good thing to eat when you're sick. :bored:

I learned today that I didn't advertise the special 'Stump Your Opponents' trivia week well enough. Next time will be different. I also learned that the malls aren't as crowded as I thought they would be on a sunday during the Christmas season.

Great Topic! :laugh: :yes: Let's see. Alright, that Bad stuff happens to other

people too. :laugh: But it doesn't have to run your life. You can still make the best

of what you have left.

Edited by Jeanway

Too bad I didn't read this yesterday because yesterday I learned people can "ice" skate on teflon.

Today I learned I had lost one of my favorite unicorn Christmas ornaments (they've all been put away for the last ten years) so who knows what happened to it? :laugh: I can't remember if it was Avon or not but there's not one like it on ebay.

I learned a big one this weekend.

Never drunkenly email a guy friend and offer to fix his computer probems!

Tomarrow I plan to learn how big of a fool I made of myself doing the above.

I also learned that one glass of wine gets me sufficiently drunk to make a fool of myself.

:laugh: :blush 2:

I learned that weekends spent on the road going to hockey games means missing out on other things like watching "Enterprise" or the Vikings game. But the time spent is well-worth it. "Creating memories" I've heard it said. And that sometimes our hockey team can win games! Woo hoo!! :laugh:

I have learned today that Astro will what I say as long he gets what he wants.

Click For Spoiler
I spoil him too much. :laugh:
Edited by Odie

I learned that I shouldn't sit down in front of the computer when there's a lot of work to do. :laugh:

Hmmm let me think..first i learned life is NOT like a box of chocolates :laugh: and second my little sister can read,speak and write better dutch then i can :blush 2:

I have learned that there is some truth to Uhura's line in ST III - "Be careful what you wish for..You may get it." I have 5 different women emailing and wanting to get to know me better.. :laugh: Too bad none of them live in the USA..

I have 5 different women emailing and wanting to get to know me better..  :laugh: Too bad none of them live in the USA..

287208[/snapback]

Wow i agree that is not fair they dont live in the US but still 5 women wanting to get to know you ST is not bad in my book :laugh:

When there are storms all around you it's best to find a nice little cove and put down anchor. :laugh:

I have learnt that I need a man in my life that doesn't expect me to wait on him, shares responsibiilities ofdy and ae.

I've learned that Hangon can babysit all the way from Holland.  :laugh:

287223[/snapback]

:blush 2: LOL awww well i need the practice and it was fun she always puts a smile on my face :laugh: :kisss:

I learned that if you think someone's ignoring you, it may not always be so. :laugh:

I also learned that new blades on tape guns can cause extreme damage to the finger that comes too close! :laugh:

I've learned that Hangon can babysit all the way from Holland.  :(

287223[/snapback]

hee hee but who was babysitting Hang?? :)

Today i learned my first echo scan is in 5 weeks!!!! :assimilated:

Hmmm let me think..first i learned life is NOT like a box of chocolates :assimilated: and second my little sister can read,speak and write better dutch then i can :blush 2:

287201[/snapback]

Lol!! I just watched that movie last night! hmm, today I learned that my mom has asthma and she didn't know it!

I learned that going to the movies by yourself to see a kiddie movie was okay and never sit near a man in a trench coat will a box of popcorn on his lap. One more thing don't accept popcorn or candy from this man! :assimilated:

> That its only three weeks till Christmas

When the phone company say they will cut off your phone..they will !.

and that clicking noise from the back of my fridge was more serious

then i thought.

What a day....... :assimilated:

Well mine's not a great thing.

I've learned that people keep repeating the same patterns over and over again. And while I knew this, I'm amazed at how strong individuals will succumb to anything for the promise of love. :(

I thought at the age I've reached, that would be over with, but no matter what age we are, we all want to be loved and unfortunately some of us will sacrifice who we are to get it. :) :) :assimilated: :)

Yesterday (I wasn't online all day) I learned that I still enjoy public speaking even though I haven't done it in a few years.

Today....well it's early still, give me a few hours and I'm sure I'll learn something. :assimilated:

well lets see if i was actually awake during my lesson today (zzz) :assimilated:

history of art- sounds boring.... well we did about Bauhaus art...

i forgot everything she said oh well i can watch da video i rented

Hmmm let me think..first i learned life is NOT like a box of chocolates :assimilated: and second my little sister can read,speak and write better dutch then i can :blush 2:

287201[/snapback]

Lol!! I just watched that movie last night! hmm, today I learned that my mom has asthma and she didn't know it!

287506[/snapback]

Hehe yeah its a good film with some great quotes in it :(

Today i learned somethings i dont need in my life anymore now i am stuck with the problem of getting rid of them :)

I learned that boss can take anytime she wants off with no recourse from her bosses, but if I'm late or sick and can't work, I can be fined $32.00 on my paycheck!

Being a poor working person isn't fun and rarely is anyone fair or decent.