Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Stop sign coming up...

What do you do when you come to a stop sign?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do when you come to a stop sign?

• Come to a complete stop, every time.
    • Stop completely most of the time
    • Rolling stop
    • Your supposed to stop?

Ok, the only reason I'm asking this is that in my area I've noticed that I am practically the only one that comes to a complete stop consistantly when a stop sign appears so I want to know if this is just a local phenomena or is it takes place nationwide, and possibly world wide.

Don't worry I'm not a police officer so I won't report anyone. :busted:

Come to a complete stop, every time

Most people in my neighborhood stop completely all the time.

I've heard of the "Rolling Stop" :flex: Which I'm not quite sure that is. :drool: Wouldn't that be an Oxymoron? How can you stop if your still rolling? I have 4 stop signs right in front of my house and I see it all. Most of the time people do come to a complete stop. But late at night especially on the week-ends there are alot of people who just ignore the Stop signs. Stop means stop. Aw great now I've got that song going through my head from Sesame Street :nono: "Stop and Go". :naughty:

Edited by Jeanway

We call a "rolling stop" a "California Stop" here. I think in my family, the term orignated from one of my California Aunts who never completely stopped and got ticketed a few dozen times for it.

So, back to the original subject, I stop completely all the time. Nothing peeves me like a person who doesn't stop or, even worse, won't stop for people in a crosswalk, even if it's one of those with the freaking flashing lights that say, "hey, I'm crossing here, you don't want to kill me, do you?"

Or the people who won't pull over for ambulances. What's so important that you would put the life of another person in danger? :naughty:

Yea, that stinks. I hate that. Some people are so self absorbed they think their getting to where they're going is more important than anything else in the entire world. Even someone else's LIFE. When minutes and seconds count :flex::naughty:

I pull over as fast as I can AND I stop at every Stop sign, I'm no malingerer :drool::nono:

I put complete stop, most of the time. For me, that's 98% of the time. I have "slipped" if its an abandoned road, with no one in sight. Sometimes, anyway. :drool:

BTW: doesn't "s.t.o.p." mean "spin tires on pavement? :naughty:

Stop completely most of the time. Phoenix drivers are insane, the heat's fried our brains and everyone's in a hurry. There are certain places where if you come to a complete stop you're gonna get plowed over. I usually do but sometimes you've just gotta "almost stop", check the traffic and go.

It all depends if i can see the road both ways,if i can i floor it and drive on but if i cant see traffic because of a tree or something then i stop by the sign :rolleyes:

What is a stop Sign?

LOL, I am guilty of the rolling stop most of the time but like Gabri that is only when I can see the traffic in both directions. We refer to it as a California roll here though.

Come to a complete stop, every time..And I always pull over if an Ambulance, Fire or Police car have there lights flashing..Some people don't ? :P

When I am finally able to drive, I will probably be one of those who does a rolling stop. Of course, part of it would depend on the traffic too.

I pretty much come to a complete stop every time. But in some cases here in town the stop signs are slightly obscured by trees or whatnot...either that or the view of the intersection is kind of blocked so you need to slowly edge forward. I stop at all stop lights too, though depending on how close I am to the intersection I may continue through on a yellow light.

State Trooper Out Peeing
doesn't "s.t.o.p." mean "spin tires on pavement

OMG! :P :P

I just keep driving its Hangs car not mine so i dont care :) KIDDING Hang B) i aways Come to a complete stop every time.

289405[/snapback]

LOL say what :) ...guess who's walking to work tomorrow :) ...and i am not"kidding" :)

well i am not drving yet, but as soon as i get there i would stop as well, it is the logical thing to do lol.

Most of the time I come to a complete stop.

I actually am sometimes a little absent-minded when I drive and fail to notice red lights or stop signs. I have had several near accidents, and with other people in the car. My mother prays for me all the time because of this little problem.

It is really not deliberate. When I get into my car, I tell myself: "Stay alert! Pay attention! Don't daydream! Just drive the car." I have to make myself pay attention to what I am doing. I do not drive a lot because of this...mostly to work, church, store, etc.

You should come to a complete stop every time! In Chicagi you need to because lot's of driver's don't. I also call rolling stop's California Driver stops! :P

But really, nobody's life is worth getting there on time by speeding or running stop signs or traffic signals. ;)

you should completley stop - around here - however I do a rolling stop most of the time, complete stop sometimes...it all depends on where the STOP sign is.

Here's what I do. Push the clutch in, shift it to neutral, tap the shifter to the left to make sure it's in neutral, released the clutch, turn turn-signal on if I'm turning, start braking. I stop everytime. :P