Sign in to follow this  
fenriz275

How Would You Rate Kir'Shara?

What rating would you give "Kir'Shara" out of 10?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Kir'Shara" out of 10?

I just saw the Sunday evening showing. I tried to watch it Friday night but several family members decided to call and chat during that time. I had to talk to them because I always complain that no one ever calls me, so....I'm turning off my cell phone during the next new episode. Love them, but hey, it's Enterprise

But I digress. I gave it a 10 because it contains elements that I wanted to see in this series: the origins of relationships, technology and culture that evolved into what we know in TOS and TNG. That and it was a great episode with wonderful actors. And I love this Board, I didn't even know that was T'Pau. Totally missed that.

Was the vulcan ships similar to Obi-Wan's cruiser in "Clone Wars?"

I Have One Thing To Say About Kir'Shara:

Click For Spoiler
Holy Romulans!! :rolleyes:

Click For Spoiler
Ahem.I Thought This Episode Was Pretty Neat.Wish We Could Have Seen The Andorian Homeworld.Soval's Toture Scene Was Great!
Edited by Zengo

Click For Spoiler
Dun dun duuunnn. Romulan!

It was a good episode. T'Pol is now free to love Trip all she wants.

And the evil romulan!

I gave this one a 7.5.

Click For Spoiler
It dropped a bit (from my usual 8) because those have to be some of the weakest Vulcans I have ever seen. Plus I think T'Pol's husband did a great thing by letting T'Pol go. I'm sure he can find someone more appreciative. This leaves the door open for more T'Pol/Trip love scenes.... (shudders) :laugh: Btw I guess none of this is part of the official record since Kirk didn't know anything about the Katra ect in ST III
Edited by Admiral Kirk

A nine, I loved everything about it except how rushed the ending felt.

Click For Spoiler

Interesting Captain Bolivar, I'll pay closer attention next viewing...

EDIT: James Horan is the actor who played FG in the early seasons, anyone catch that name among the credits?

Edited by Alterego

Click For Spoiler
The Romulan seen at the end of the episode sounded VERY much like FUTURE GUY!

First of all, I noticed it. Very cool.

Alright. I gave Kir' Shara an 8.5, but I'm trying toi get stingy in my grading of Enterprise. It's right up there with 'The Forge' and 'Cold Station 12' as the tops of the young season.

Click For Spoiler
I wasn't thrilled with the Vulcan/Andorian battle just because it we've had plenty of battle scenes over the course of the past year. I don't have a huge objection, but it's getting old. That was my biggest objection to the Soong arc. We've had enough battles.

I really enjoy that political and cultural arcs being brought up with the Andorians and the Vulcans, the teachings of Surak, Earth's relationship with other worlds. I also like the relationship's being developed. I was truely greatful to see Shran's trust of Soval in the interrogation. It's nice to see a more than the sterotypical Androians hate Vulcans aspect.

I thought that T'Pol looked too emotional when Koss ended their marriage or perhaps showing different emotions than I would have espected, I should say. She looked like their was an actual connection with Koss, which, unless I missed something, didn't exist.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Soval, T'Pau, and Kurak in future episodes. I enjoyed the direction of all three characters. And I was surprised by the dissolving of the High Command, but it did seem to usheer in a new era for probably all three races involved (Humans, Vulcans, and Andorians).

Oh yeah, Romulans yeah buddy! :laugh: To quote Zengo "Holy Romulans!"

Click For Spoiler

Very good episode indeed.I did not expect the Romulans to be behind the Vulcan government but now that I look at it seems all to obvious.I loved Trip in command.He acts and feels like more of a first officer than T'Pol to me, and I, noticing shades of Kirk in him. I would of given this a 9 but I had one gribe and that Archer being able to do the Vulcan neck pinch. I can see him doing the technique right with the help of Surak but the neck pinch requires that strength as well to pinch the nerve.Up until now we have only seen Vulcans and Data because he has great strength do it.I dont buy Surak giving him the strength,Mccoy sure didnt have it.

Anyway thats just a minor oversight.Manny Cotto is donig a brillant job with this series so far and its always nice to see Jeffery Combs.

Anyways I give this an 8.5/10. Excellent episode indeed.

Click For Spoiler
People are comparing Archer's neck pinch to McCoy's saying that a katra won't help a human do the neck pinch any better. But here is one factor to keep in mind, McCoy new nothing about katras or death mind melds and while he might have known that he wasn't right in the head, he never would have guessed that he had Spock's essenscein his head. Archer on the other hand, new about that katra, had been told quite a bit about it, and even had conversations with the katra within his head. If you were to look at it in that way, it is much more likely that Archerwould be able to pull off the neck pinch than McCoy.

Click For Spoiler

287258[/snapback]

Good gosh people!

Click For Spoiler

Just an observation. Since the episode has already aired and anybody who wants to see it probably has by now, I'm left to question the neccesity of spoiler boxes for episode information. I guess that doesn't quite make sense to me.

Just an observation. Since the episode has already aired and anybody who wants to see it probably has by now, I'm left to question the neccesity of spoiler boxes for episode information. I guess that doesn't quite make sense to me.

287419[/snapback]

Most of our members in other countries, such as the UK, haven't had the chance to see it yet.

However, there is a thread dedicated to that topic here in the ENT forum; feel free to voice your opinion on the spoiler issue there. :laugh:

Spoilers are required, without them I might have seen something on this thread I'd wished I hadn't. Spoilers are required.

286211[/snapback]

I don't want to switch topics here- and I think spoilers should be enforced. But if you haven't seen the episode, and don't want to know what happened- shouldn't you avoid a discussion of the topic like the plague?

286223[/snapback]

Yes if spoilers weren't required.

But since they are required I (or anyone) can cruise the topic looking for remarks like the following...

I give the episode a 9 myself. I think it nicely ties Earth to the affairs of both Andoria and Vulcan. I must say I was very surprised to see at the end...

An honest to goodness 9 out of 10. Could Gary Graham's Soval rock anymore than he does? Graham was bloody brilliant during

and Combs was, as always, an energizing rush of adrenaline. One can almost envision the leader T'Pau will one day be.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed how much Trip rocks in command?

Well, right off, I want to say tonight's episode, to me wasn't one of the best for the season. Now don't get your undies all in a bunch, I just am not partial to battle scenes.

without the story being spoiled.

286238[/snapback]

Well said, AE. This explains the why of using spoilers.

But Ace and I are still listeneing to both sides about the issue of spoilers. For now the policy is to use them!

287419[/snapback]

Most of our members in other countries, such as the UK, haven't had the chance to see it yet.

However, there is a thread dedicated to that topic here in the ENT forum; feel free to voice your opinion on the spoiler issue there. :assimilated:

287446[/snapback]

Oh, shoot, I'd forgotten about that. Okay I follow. Issue resolved.

I just re-watched Starship Mine and...

Click For Spoiler

10 - An excellent end to the arc, it was great to see shran again and the ending was very surprising :naughty: .

Sign in to follow this