Sign in to follow this  
fenriz275

How Would You Rate Kir'Shara?

What rating would you give "Kir'Shara" out of 10?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Kir'Shara" out of 10?

The weekly Enterprise poll. I give the episode a 9 myself. I think it nicely ties Earth to the affairs of both Andoria and Vulcan. I must say I was very surprised to see at the end...

Click For Spoiler
A Romulan! :naughty: That was certainly the last thing I expected to see.

*I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by starting this poll myself :drool: *

Edited by fenriz275

An honest to goodness 9 out of 10. Could Gary Graham's Soval rock anymore than he does? Graham was bloody brilliant during

Click For Spoiler
the torture scene,
and Combs was, as always, an energizing rush of adrenaline. One can almost envision the leader T'Pau will one day be.

Click For Spoiler
Romulans at the end? Yessssss...... :naughty: They've been on Vulcan quite awhile. With one storyline idea Mr. Coto has fixed a great many things. The only things that bothered me were the rushed ending (damnable commercials and adverts) and Archer's super strength. Was Surak's katra giving it to him? T'Pol getting knocked out while Archer was still standing was the only real irritant to me.

Loved the quiet moment when Reed questioned Tucker's decision to go to Andoria without Trip pitching a fit. A quiet, professional, yet personal moment between two friends.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed how much Trip rocks in command? :drool:

Edit: Sorry. I forget that we still have to use spoiler code once the episode has already aired.

Edited by MoulinRouge

Well, right off, I want to say tonight's episode, to me wasn't one of the best for the season. Now don't get your undies all in a bunch, I just am not partial to battle scenes.

Click For Spoiler
Eventhough. I did like seeing the Vulcan battle ships, very intesting configuation. That big circle thing. Perhaps something to do with their power source??? And if anyone else noticed the beams of light were different colors, is that something new? I hadn't noticed THAT before in fight scenes. The artifact emitting all the holographic writings was spectacular and it reference to the time of Turok?{ I connected THAT with our "Shroud of Turin" Turok, Turin.} Was it? I'm not so good with these Vulcan names. :drool: I'm even thinking of referring to T'Pol as "Polly" :flex::naughty: Why not?? j/k. :wink2: }

AREN'T WE SUPPOSED TO USE SPOILERS FEN????

Edited by Jeanway

I'm not sure if we're supposed to use spoilers or not. I did because I didn't want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't gotten a chance to see the episode yet. I suppose it's up to everyone if they want to use them or not. I've grown partial to them ever since I figured out how to use them. :naughty:

Click For Spoiler
I knew it! Administrator V'Loss is way too bloodthirsty to be Vulcan- I suspected in Awakening that he's working for/ or is a Romulan.

I deducted 2 points for the really lame Lirpa fight- but added a point back just 'cause Commander Shrans such a BMF.

Spoilers are required, without them I might have seen something on this thread I'd wished I hadn't. Spoilers are required.

286211[/snapback]

I don't want to switch topics here- and I think spoilers should be enforced. But if you haven't seen the episode, and don't want to know what happened- shouldn't you avoid a discussion of the topic like the plague?

Spoilers are required, without them I might have seen something on this thread I'd wished I hadn't. Spoilers are required.

286211[/snapback]

I don't want to switch topics here- and I think spoilers should be enforced. But if you haven't seen the episode, and don't want to know what happened- shouldn't you avoid a discussion of the topic like the plague?

286223[/snapback]

Yes if spoilers weren't required.

But since they are required I (or anyone) can cruise the topic looking for remarks like the following...

I give the episode a 9 myself. I think it nicely ties Earth to the affairs of both Andoria and Vulcan. I must say I was very surprised to see at the end...

An honest to goodness 9 out of 10. Could Gary Graham's Soval rock anymore than he does? Graham was bloody brilliant during

and Combs was, as always, an energizing rush of adrenaline. One can almost envision the leader T'Pau will one day be.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed how much Trip rocks in command?

Well, right off, I want to say tonight's episode, to me wasn't one of the best for the season. Now don't get your undies all in a bunch, I just am not partial to battle scenes.

without the story being spoiled.

Click For Spoiler
I'll have to give this episode a 9.75. Yes, the whole Archer being able to fight off three Vulcans was a little disbelieveable but, the rest of the episode more than made up for it.

Andorian vessels, Shran, Romulans, unification!! wow.

Enterprise, keep up the good work buddy!!

The ending was awesome. :naughty:

I was surprised to see the Vulcan was still alive at the end. I was more surprised to see who he was speaking with. I was shocked. I can't wait to see how the show progresses after this episode.

Edited by KayTroi

I was Very VERY Impressed with this episode Kirshara took some qualities I happen to like into Trek and made them work for me. T'pau was turning into pardon the pun a fascinating character. She seems a radical 60's leader with a attitiude.

Something I noticed this Season Manny Coto seems to finding all the things people either disliked about the show or Disliked Berman and Braga's handling of the stories and he is trying to sweep everything under a very large rug.

I kinda see where they are going with this by making this a larger story where the episodes interact. *the ending was ineviatable* AND HE WASNT A REMAN!!! :naughty: LOL

Nice way to start the hiatus!

As much as the Vulcan Arc was realated to Home this story will be related to upcoming storylines. Unless those bottle episodes hae something to do with Furhter Storylines.I think one of the things that bothered me the Vulcan Lirpa looked a little too small compared to its TOS counterpart. Nicely detailed though.

I gave it a good solid 9. It got me wondering, if events had unrolled differently, could that be the explaination for the mirror-Spock (and presumable most mirror-Vulcans) in the TOS epsiode Mirror, Mirror to act more like the non-Sirinite Vulcans on ENT?

Hmmm....

One other thing...

Click For Spoiler
I wasn't peeved so much about Archer's sudden burst of strength (especially soon after he was lying around looking severly dehydrated), but the fact the he all of a sudden could use the Vulcan neck pinch. In Star Trek 3, when McCoy had Spock's katra, he tried using the neck pinch, and failed miserably. But Archer had no trouble. Another side-effect of the katra power-up?

Super Katra power, activate!

Edited by wishfire

:naughty: Loved it. This was a wonderful 3 part series and everyone associated with it should get a big old pat on the back - or a nod and Vulcan salute for those less demonstrative. LOL

I loved the ending, I was saying that from the first season of ENT that something like that had to be going on. Lordie how the Vulcans annoyed the crap out of me.

I have the same complaint as everyone else:

Click For Spoiler

Archer taking out 3 Vulcans with one torch and a lirpa. Not bloody likely. LOL And once again he was the one that was pulling T'Pau along. I can see the Katra giving him a little extra boost, but no way should he be as strong as ANY Vulcan.

Also, got a fit of the giggles when T'Pau tossed Archer's butt down the hidey hole. The styrofoam stalactites breaking off as they slid down the tunnel reminded me of all the TOS episodes with styrofoam rocks.

I hope the rest of the season is just as compelling as this arc has been. I have my Star Trek back!!!! :drool:

I thought this was a great episode.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
I agree. Archer should be weaker because of the increased gravitational pull of the planet. This would mean the vulcans would be to a greater advantage. I still don't see how he could take on three...

I gave it a 9.5

Click For Spoiler
I just didn't like the fight scene

:naughty: I actually gave it a 9.5, Usually give episodes 10.

I gave it a 9.5- 10 it was a good ending to the 3 eps arc and Trip did seem quite suitable to Command of the Enterprise while Archer was away on Vulcan

Click For Spoiler
( "and the battle scenes between the Vulcans and Andorians were amazing and the ending with the Romulan talking to the Vulcan about the reunification of both People was also Propetic ("Since Spock would start the Reunification in TNG EPS "UNIFICATION "I-II)

:flex::nono::naughty::drool:

Spoiler added.

Takara

Edited by Takara_Soong

Click For Spoiler
I gave it a 9 - I liked this episode better of any of this particular arc.

MR, this is the Trip that was meant to be, controlled and comfortable in command. I loved that "I'll save you a seat at the court martial". As for T'Pol being knocked out - that has been one of my long standing complaints - she's always tied-up, captured or generally "in distress" needing to be rescued by Archer. This is apparently one thing Coto doesn't intend to change.

Yes, the ending was a surprise and a good one at that.

I like T'Pau - I hope we see her again. And Soval was great.

I think this episode clearly demonstrates that the Enterprise is better off with Trip in command rather than T'Pol. He was willing to risk his career - disobeying a direct order- for the greater good ie preventing a war. Rmeinds me of Kirk

I thought Koss was too emotional - you could see sadness on his face - in general these Vulcans are all too emotional.

The major downer was the dissolution of Koss and T'Pol's contract. That means they're free to pursue the Trip T'Pol storyline which would really be best to be discarded.

Click For Spoiler
As with the Brent Spinner trilogy, the last episode left me unsatisfied. Yes, the high command was using emotions to guide their decision. But I also saw much emotion in T'Pau, as well as in T'Pol. There were times when I did not see cast members as Vulcans, but as human's with pointy ears.

This trilogy did not solve the Vulcan plot line in my eyes. I found that all that happened was that the producers told us "Hey, the Vulcan's are normal again." Maybe it's just because we didn't actually see the change, but were only assured that it will happen eventually. How long did T'Pau say it would take to translate the Kir Shara?

As for the Romulan thing, I think that Manny Coto is walking a fine line. He must remember that no humans must see a romulan before Kirk does. I realize that it was a Vulcan who saw the Romulan, and presumably they know about the Romulans, but still. If this Romulan thing is not done right, they will end botching this trilogy like they did the last two.

Guest Mike_Hines01

I gave this episode a 10. I think this episode and this story arc have been the best of this season so far.

Not as good as last weeks. I gave it an 8 compared to last week's 10.

Click For Spoiler
Yeppers, the Romulans were behind the High Command. Not that surprising.

Click For Spoiler

286420[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I gave this episode a 10!! Outstanding job done by all involved. and the ending floored me, I was not expecting that.

Manny Cato is doing an outstanding job with Enterprise. If this show gets any better they will have to have a season 5!!!!

I really enjoyed this ep. I love

Click For Spoiler

My only gripe was that I thought the

Click For Spoiler

I know he probably wasn't, but am I the only one who thought that

Click For Spoiler

Final observations:

Click For Spoiler

Concerning question in previous post about "guy at the end"

Click For Spoiler
I believe the Romulan who appeared wasn't Koss, but was the guard/soldier who told T'Pol he had served under her several years ago. The one who said that was the only reason he hadn't taken her life

Well I couldn't make it here to make the posting, so no Fenriz, you're not stepping on my toes... afterall, someone needed to make the poll! Thanks!

The episode was much better than the second... of course, missing the first I was lost in the second one. By the 3rd one I had a good idea of what was going on so that probably skewed my enjoyment. I might rate this episode an 8, but until I see part one I will refrain from an official vote.

Did anyone notice:

Click For Spoiler
-The Vulcan armada was stationed at Regulus. The home of the Regulan Blood Worm.

-Archer made a comment about "The Good of the Many"

-The Romulan seen at the end of the episode sounded VERY much like FUTURE GUY!

Sign in to follow this