Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Can You Do The Vulcan Hand Greeting?

Can you do the vulcan hand salute?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Can you do the vulcan hand salute?

• yes
    • no

I tried to take a pic of me doing it with both hands but the camera wedged under my chin wasn't working. cheeky-smiley-009.gif

For those who can't do it, I have a suggestion. I couldn't do it to same my life, but after about a year of holding my fingers apart in my spare time, it was simple. This only works if you have enough free time.

I can do it with both hands. It was also the same greeting that Mork From Ork gave only the words are different. Gee, you think the greeting would have been copy righted by Paramount. :assimilated:

I can do it with both hands and have been able to do it for most of my life, it was a real pain for me to get the coordination down in the beginning though.

OK, last Sunday I was driving to a friend's house when somebody honked his horn at me.  I didn't cut him off or anything, he just honked his horn when he passed me. 

So I looked in his direction and he was flashing me the Vulcan hand signal, all because I have a "Ferengi School of Business" bumper sticker on my car.

What the heck does that mean?  Are there "random acts of Trekness"?

286066[/snapback]

Perhaps he just wanted you to live long and prosper? :assimilated:

OK, last Sunday I was driving to a friend's house when somebody honked his horn at me.  I didn't cut him off or anything, he just honked his horn when he passed me. 

So I looked in his direction and he was flashing me the Vulcan hand signal, all because I have a "Ferengi School of Business" bumper sticker on my car.

What the heck does that mean?  Are there "random acts of Trekness"?

286066[/snapback]

Perhaps he just wanted you to live long and prosper? :)

287710[/snapback]

Lol!!! :( :assimilated:

I can do it easily with both hands, but I am a pianist and a very fast typist ... I think that probably has something to do with it.

Those of you who can't do it are in good company ... I heard that William Shatner cannot do it either. There is worse company to count yourself in than Captain Kirk himself!

I can do it with both hands... in fact I do it that often my fingers kinda "fall" that way.... :assimilated: . I do photography at college- my partner took a picture of me doing it, with my face showing through the "V"....

cool huh :(

I can do the hand sign with both hands. I am a little better with the left hand then the right, even though I am right-handed.

I can raise my right eyebrow alone, but not my left.

I can do it easily with both hands, but I am a pianist and a very fast typist ... I think that probably has something to do with it

287730[/snapback]

I don't know about that because I too am a pianist and a fast typist, and I still can't do it. I think it has to do with how your fingers are, if you have long fingers then you can do it. Lenny has long fingers and you can tell Bill doesn't. It may have to do with that, but I don't know. Maybe it's because I share the same birthday with Bill Shatner and people born on that day just can't do it. :waaaa:

I can do it with both hands! According to my mother, I've been doing it from young, so maybe that's why.

And I just taught my neighbour's baby to do it! He isn't even one yet, lol!

Yup I can do it and with both hands. I actually greet friends at church like that too. I'm currently trying to teach my 15 month son the Vulcan hand sign. Who knows, he might get to meet Mr Nimoy one day.

Have anyone of you seen the animated movie Ice Age? There's a part where the baby was sitting on the mammoth passing under an ice cavern. In there, there were lots of stuff frozen in ice like some great fish and other animals. At one part, there was a section that showed a frozen flying saucer. The baby turned and did the Vulcan hand sign as he left the scene. I watched it again at least another 2 or 3 times to just see that ! Wow! Vulcans actually made contact with us in the Ice Age!!

Yes I can. It is a little difficult with one hand because of an injury sustained almost two years ago, but can easily do the salute with my good hand.